ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Any good new songs or albums released this year?

Biggest surprise and solid release on June 23, 2020 by the band Hum (famous for the 1995 song Stars), which had not released an album since 1998.

Car Seat Headrest has also released a new album, which is not as strong as the last album:

Badly Drawn Boy- Banana Skin Shoes

Elvis Costello- No Flag - very solid song

BPMD- American Made

Last edited:
it wasnt bad until he posted the last video, killed all his work and yes the Costello song was also pretty bad to the ears too

This kid should be absurdly famous but we're living in an era that puts zero value on actual musical talent. From "Selling Things" released 4/10/2020.

3rd album and honestly I don't think he's written a bad song among them.

Last edited:
Any good new songs or albums released this year?

Biggest surprise and solid release on June 23, 2020 by the band Hum (famous for the 1995 song Stars), which had not released an album since 1998.

Car Seat Headrest has also released a new album, which is not as strong as the last album:

Badly Drawn Boy- Banana Skin Shoes

Elvis Costello- No Flag - very solid song

BPMD- American Made

This is probably not for everyone, but I get a kick out of these guys.

i will tell you what..todays alternative music is complete garbage, it all sounds the same, its all variations of music that already came out 5-7 years go..simply awful what happened to music in all genres actually

Reactions: BROTHERSKINNY
i will tell you what..todays alternative music is complete garbage, it all sounds the same, its all variations of music that already came out 5-7 years go..simply awful what happened to music in all genres actually
Totally disagree. Listen to altrok radio, and you will hear lots of good stuff.

Reactions: RU848789
The new Green Day album has horrific modern production. There is no punch to any song. I can't even tell if the songs are good or not because I can't get past their crappy new sound. It reminds me of the crap that Weezer's Black Album sounded like.

No love for The Weeknd?
Just saw that Tommy Lee has a new album coming out in the fall. The songs I've heard are terrible IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
The new Neil Young solo album "Homegrown".

If you liked the "Harvest" and "After the Gold Rush", 2 of the best albums ever recorded IMO, you will probably like "Homegrown". Not as good as those 2 classics of course, but pretty good and in that genre/style of early Neil Young, as a lot of the songs were written in the early 70s, but never released. "White Line' and Separate Ways', my 2 favorite songs off this album.

For something more current, 'Loser Company', a rock trio from Southern California.
The lead singer, guitar/ song writer, is Will Saunders, son of poster Fire251.

https://www.losercompanymusic.com/music
Nirvana influenced:

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Man
Crimson Tide's Destroyer is probably my favorite song so far in 2020. Skip the first 50 seconds and listen to the next 30 and if you're not hooked by the throwback 80s alt feel, then stop.

Am a huge fan of Orville Peck, who was made for coronavirus, as the first masked, gay, alt/country crooner from Canada, lol. He used to be in a punk rock band...

Something a little more upbeat by Beach Bunny...

And to fill out the variety, here's a mid-2019 song that I discovered making our annual NY Eve party dance mix, so it's 2020 for me, lol. Tank and the Bangas...

Reactions: PiscatawayMike
ADVERTISEMENT