ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Music (Released January 2020 or Later)

Yes its solid because she has such a strong voice few have but its a song because of its meaning can really never be touched by anyone besides Dolores. The Bad Wolves cover was awful

Miley's "Sweet Jane" wow

Oh, sweet day. New AC DC, who never disappoint, and never deviate from their trademark sound. Damn--Brian Johnson is 73. Angus Young is 65 and still strutting in his schoolboy outfit. They're good for another 20 years or so. Love that they bathed their new video in Rutgers colors!!!

Reactions: Rhuarc and RutHut
Oh, sweet day. New AC DC, who never disappoint, and never deviate from their trademark sound. Damn--Brian Johnson is 73. Angus Young is 65 and still strutting in his schoolboy outfit. They're good for another 20 years or so. Love that they bathed their new video in Rutgers colors!!!

I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, but it makes me very happy that they were able to come back and continue to make music. Legends deserve to go out on their own terms.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I'm not a huge AC/DC fan, but it makes me very happy that they were able to come back and continue to make music. Legends deserve to go out on their own terms.
Not a huge fan either, but a huge admirer of what they have done, what they represent and what they continue to do. Album is out. Some tracks:

This first one is smoking:

Fantastic interview with Angus Young:

Wolfgang Van Halen released the first single today from his forthcoming album. Have a box of tissues ready.

Some background:

“As my pop continued to struggle with various health issues, I was imagining what my life would be like without him and how terribly I’d miss him. While the song is incredibly personal, I think anyone can relate to the idea of having a profound loss in their life,” explains Wolfgang Van Halen. Writing the song and performing all of the instrumentation and vocals for Mammoth WVH, Distance is an open letter to his father – one Wolfgang was fortunate to play for his dad and would become a favorite of Eddie’s – declaring “no matter what the distance is, I will be with you.” The video for the song is created from a collection of family home movies through the years and offers an inside look in to one of music’s most notable personalities. Chronicling the family through the years, the video ends with a touching voicemail left from Eddie to his son. The video for Distance can be seen below.

“I never intended Distance to be the very first piece of music people would hear from me, but I also thought my father would be here to celebrate its release. This is for him. I love and miss you, Pop.”

Reactions: RU-AGK and GIB__RU
Double whammy on this new song by Middle Kids: it's a great song and it has (quasi) RU content, as the title is R U 4 Me. Needs to be played at an RU game. There's an official video, but I like seeing the band better, and this video is a live performance of the song, which I like.

Surprised with the heavy classic rock leanings of this board, that nobody has posted anything from the "new" (recorded in 2015, but just released, as the band thought releasing a triple album back then would be too much) My Morning Jacket album. They're hit or miss for me, but I respect the hell out of their musicianship and songwriting. Tell me this song doesn't sound like it could fit on Dark Side of the Moon.

Surprised with the heavy classic rock leanings of this board, that nobody has posted anything from the "new" (recorded in 2015, but just released, as the band thought releasing a triple album back then would be too much) My Morning Jacket album. They're hit or miss for me, but I respect the hell out of their musicianship and songwriting. Tell me this song doesn't sound like it could fit on Dark Side of the Moon.

Saw MMJ at one of the first Bonnaroo festivals and they were amazing.

Reactions: RU848789
This is a fun thread.

CAAMP grew up here in Columbus so it’s always fun to see a local band gain success.

Anyone listen to Machine Gun Kelly’s punk album. Surprisingly entertaining.

Reactions: GIB__RU
Here's one for @Jm0513 . I give this guy credit for singing through his gator.

I like this..
Thanks!
This is a fun thread.

CAAMP grew up here in Columbus so it’s always fun to see a local band gain success.

Bloody Valentine is good.
I had no clue who he was until I saw him in a picture with Megan Fox.

I had no idea that Jinjer was from the Ukraine, and that the lead singer was female. Love heavy metal and hard rock, but just can't get into them. Bad ink work on her too. But her vocal range is quite impressive, and the instrumental part is very strong.
I have an affinity for metal and hard rock bands with female leads. plus, i think they way that Jinjer composes their songs is really impressive.

This is a fun thread.

MGK went to punk because Eminem ended his rap career.

I have an affinity for metal and hard rock bands with female leads. plus, i think they way that Jinjer composes their songs is really impressive.
Their songs are interesting. Not a fan of gutteral vocals, and that is why I was surprised the singer was female. I have heard them a bunch on SiriusXM Liquid Metal. What other bands do you like? Halestorm?

While not my cup of tea because of the gutteral thing, the lead singer of Once Human is smoking.

Joan Jett still rules.

Their songs are interesting. Not a fan of gutteral vocals, and that is why I was surprised the singer was female. I have heard them a bunch on SiriusXM Liquid Metal. What other bands do you like? Halestorm?

While not my cup of tea because of the gutteral thing, the lead singer of Once Human is smoking.

Joan Jett still rules.
Halestorm is good...if you're looking for a bit less growl...

Lacuna Coil has been around a while and has a male and female vocalist

and in the spirit of the thread, Within Temptation just released this visual for some newer music

Hotdamn! These chicks have some very impressive set of pipes.
I'm still listening to Miss T-Swift
@RutHut thanks for posting
I now forgive you for that spider picture.

FYI Evanescence has a new song and it stinks!

Reactions: RutHut
ADVERTISEMENT