ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New unbiased news station

Status
Not open for further replies.
WGN America just debuted (channel 82 in Optimum) yesterday from 8PM to 11PM. Straight news reporting, no commentary or political angles. So refreshing to see straight, unbiased news.
If this is truly legit unbiased, it's going to be a MASSIVE success.

Reactions: Section124
I've always liked WGN, funny how we got it back in the 1980s with cable. They've made some incredible shows as well like Underground so i'll give this a look as I was a huge CNN fan in the '90s. Anyone heard any reviews on The Black News Channel? Looking forward to seeing what it's all about?

Like it or not the news has always had an agenda. The oldest newspaper in America is the NY Post. It was founded by Alexander Hamilton. It was political back then and it always will be. Just the nature of the beast. The only difference is back then they didn't claim to be unbiased

Reactions: OJRutgers
Like it or not the news has always had an agenda. The oldest newspaper in America is the NY Post. It was founded by Alexander Hamilton. It was political back then and it always will be. Just the nature of the beast.
It has but mostly because human behavior has always been agenda driven by nature, but what made the American journalist a step above every other country's journalist was their commitment to keep their politics out of their job and let us decide mostly by the facts they've provided, but today's American journalist has simply stepped out of bounds from the standard that was set by Murrow, Cronkite, Brinkley and Russert.

It's a sham and a shame what American journalism has turned into.

I kind of like bouncing back and forth between the biased stations and laughing at the polar opposite reports. All that money spent to pay the talking heads ahould be used for inner city schools and DEA agents to protect the poor young city kids.

Reactions: wheezer
It has but mostly because human behavior has always been agenda driven by nature, but what made the American journalist a step above every other country's journalist was their commitment to keep their politics out of their job and let us decide mostly by the facts they've provided, but today's American journalist has simply stepped out of bounds from the standard that was set by Murrow, Cronkite, Brinkley and Russert.

It's a sham and a shame what American journalism has turned into.

And let's point out that 95% of the media leans one way

Maybe you could figure that out for yourself instead of letting your buddies in the MSM spoon feed it to you, with their own selective, twisted version of the truth. The fact is, the truth comes in many shades and varieties, and what you are getting from the MSM is far from the truth. I never said Trump did not lie. All politicians lie. Pres. Obama lied at an alarming rate, but he had the MSM so wrapped around his finger, he got a pass on 90% of his lies.

Exactly right. For example, on the Kenosha story, reporters interview people from both sides. Frequently while watching the new, I will use a search engine to fact check items reported on any news channel, as they all seem to distort facts with their twists and opinions.
This is why I said you are on the other side of the political spectrum. Honestly, if your words here don’t make you a Republican, then I don’t know what does. Obama and Trump are not the same. Obama and Bush? Maybe. Trump has got to be the most prolific presidential liar of our times and that’s not up for debate if you truly want to be objective. There are not many different shades of truth. The man lies about the most mundane things that people don’t give a shit about. Some examples include windmills cause cancer, the number of toilet flushes per person have gone up from one to 10 to 15, governors can’t do anything without president approval, on claiming Make America Great Again is his quote, to claiming he has never seen thin people drinking diet soda.

This is on top of the QAnon shit he believes that makes the above look sane.

This is why I said you are on the other side of the political spectrum. Honestly, if your words here don’t make you a Republican, then I don’t know what does. Obama and Trump are not the same. Obama and Bush? Maybe. Trump has got to be the most prolific presidential liar of our times and that’s not up for debate if you truly want to be objective. There are not many different shades of truth. The man lies about the most mundane things that people don’t give a shit about. Some examples include windmills cause cancer, the number of toilet flushes per person have gone up from one to 10 to 15, governors can’t do anything without president approval, on claiming Make America Great Again is his quote, to claiming he has never seen thin people drinking diet soda.

Swing and miss. Months ago, I posted an image of my counry voter registration as unaffiliated, and some unhinged lib on this site claimed I falsified the document. LOL. Truth is, I dislike the unhinged libs and the right wing nutjobs equally. But it seems the unhinged libs are much more sensitive and easily agitated

You must work for MSM, because I never said Pres. Obama and Pres Trump "were the same." Those are your words. Here's a news flash. Almost all politicians lie at an alarming rate. And Pres. Obama did lie at an alarming rate, and yes, Pres. Trump exceeds that alarming rate.
And there are different shades of truth and ways to lie. There are little white lies. There are twisted truths. And there are bald-faced lies. Trump is good at all three, and spews plenty of them. But a lot of his are delusions of self-infatuated grandeur.

Have a nice night. The fault dear Brutus is not in the stars, but in ourselves.

I was going to reply with evidence of Biden/Harris/Obama lies but it would crash the site. 🤗

You, are a gullible partisan hack.

Open up your eyes to what's really going on. It's alarming.

All TV news is schlocky. I got rid of TV last March and haven't missed it. Radio, Youtube/Twitter video, news sites, forums etc. - all I need (TV was HORRIBLE on the coronavirus). The main news trends have never been easier to figure out. We live in an age of great clarity despite the rampant psychosis

Reactions: NorthernKnight
The problem is how to report on the news when Trump lies about pretty much everything . Do you call him on It or just let him get away with it ala faux . Makes it tough .
Trump lies no more than any other national politician or anyone on this board.

They all lie. Wake up
Trump lies on another level . Stop burying your head in the sand . We all know politicians lie and stretch the truth ; then there is Trump . The only politicians that are in the same league as him are the minions that work for him .

Reactions: NotInRHouse
Trump lies on another level . Stop burying your head in the sand . We all know politicians lie and stretch the truth ; then there is Trump . The only politicians that are in the same league as him are the minions that work for him .
Agree all politicians lie. I draw the line at violence, looting and rioting which is all being pushed forth by the biased media to create unrest. Just like 1968 and it backfired. But they kept after Nixon until he was impeached. Deja by all over again.

They all lie. Wake up

Do they lie a bit and pander? Absolutely. Sadly, that’s baked into to the process, but have we ever had a President that is a compulsive liar like we have now? Not. Even. Close. You could literally spend all day everyday between now and the election listing out all the lies he has said. This shouldn’t even need to be said though, because this was all as every bit apparent in 2016 as it is today.

Even yesterday - he claims to have never called John McCain a loser, yet is both on video and in tweet explicitly saying it. Speaking of which, what a load of BS his whining about flag and anthem turned out to be. He turns us against each other yet says the kind of stuff that’s coming out. What a fundamentally terrible person. Wake up and stop making excuses for him.

Last edited:
Do they lie a bit and pander? Absolutely. Sadly, that’s baked into to the process, but have we ever had a President that is a compulsive liar like we have now? Not. Even. Close. You could literally spend all day everyday between now and the election listing out all the lies he has said. This shouldn’t even need to be said though, because this was all as every bit apparent in 2016 as it is today.

Even yesterday - he claims to have never called John McCain a loser, yet is both on video and in tweet explicitly saying it. Speaking of which, what a load of BS his whining about flag and anthem turned out to be. He turns us against each other yet says the kind of stuff that’s coming out. What a fundamentally terrible person. Wake up and stop making excuses for him.
I agree Trump used division to win in 2016. What you won’t agree to is this pissed off the Dems so bad for beating them at their own game and they have done everything for 4 years to try and remove him from office which includes much bigger lies.

Don’t forget the Dems called McCain a warmonger to win that election. They also said he was too old. Please see both sides here. At least he could annunciations 2 and 3 syllable words when he ran.

Politics are ugly and social media has made it uglier. See both sides and I will agree with you.

I agree Trump used division to win in 2016. What you won’t agree to is this pissed off the Dems so bad for beating them at their own game and they have done everything for 4 years to try and remove him from office which includes much bigger lies.

Don’t forget the Dems called McCain a warmonger to win that election. They also said he was too old. Please see both sides here. At least he could annunciations 2 and 3 syllable words when he ran.

Politics are ugly and social media has made it uglier. See both sides and I will agree with you.

Sure, I don’t view Dems as any sort of saints, but I don’t agree with the premise that they’ve just lied for fours years to remove him. Look at the Senate Intel Report - he solicited and accept foreign interference. Look at impeachment - the Government accountability office literally said he committed crimes to harm an opponent. Republicans Senators, who gave a myriad of shifting excuses during the proceedings, were basically saying the same thing by the time it was time to cast their vote and just said they hoped he’d learn a lesson from it all. But, ultimately I agree. Both sides have their issues and have unfortunately resorted dirty or unnecessary behavior that brings us all down. I don’t knock him for any partisan reason, rather because he’s fundamentally terrible and unfit.

A warmonger, and the NYT ran a piece on page 1 in January 2008 accusing him of having an affair that was totally false. It was so bereft of facts the Anderson Cooper that night the article was published was speaking about it on his show and said "this is AWFLLY thinly documented." And that's CNN.

Mets 5-5 in the last 10. Only long time Mets fans consider that surging😂. If you want to talk about surging check out the Phillies. 9-1 in last 10.

Met fan here and I often said that we can't .500 our way into the playoffs.

Lol you are outing your TDS

Sure, I don’t view Dems as any sort of saints, but I don’t agree with the premise that they’ve just lied for fours years to remove him. Look at the Senate Intel Report - he solicited and accept foreign interference. Look at impeachment - the Government accountability office literally said he committed crimes to harm an opponent. Republicans Senators, who gave a myriad of shifting excuses during the proceedings, were basically saying the same thing by the time it was time to cast their vote and just said they hoped he’d learn a lesson from it all. But, ultimately I agree. Both sides have their issues and have unfortunately resorted dirty or unnecessary behavior that brings us all down. I don’t knock him for any partisan reason, rather because he’s fundamentally terrible and unfit.

Russia..Kavanaugh...Sandman...all the phony made up personal stories

Our intelligence community used phony Russian disinformation to obtain a fisa warrant then leaked fake info to press to create a narrative...yes or no

Lol

TDS sorry. Both sides have been aholes but you have TDS. Watch Fox and you will hear the opposite of what you are spewing above.

Russia..Kavanaugh...Sandman...all the phony made up personal stories

Our intelligence community used phony Russian disinformation to obtain a fisa warrant then leaked fake info to press to create a narrative...yes or no

You're quoting people that I put on ignore.

They are unable to critically think for themselves.

They are parrots and add no value to any discussion.

You still have Biden essentially saying "Trump called white supremacists fine people"... when that story was pressed by the media.. along with many others.. when they knew the true context showed it exactly the opposite.. the lines Trump said in the same moment..

That Biden is still doing this and the media doesn't take him to task proves the bias beyond any doubt. And it gets to the point that the media saying it over and over allows and encourages those that WANT to believe it to repeat it.. to treat it as fact.

That happens in so many ways and so often that holding Trump to account for little exaggerations and calling them lies seems childish in comparison.

Meanwhile the score-keepers of what's true or not.. folks like Snopes.. are biased as well... you search there for "Trump fine people" and you cannot find them saying the accusation is false.. but at that same time Biden called the counter-protesters "courageous Americans".. including Antifa.. and Snopes comes to his rescue there.. calling that "mostly false" because there were, apparently, FINE courageous non-antifas in the counter-protest. DOUBLE-STANDARD in full effect there.

Is SNOPES Biased? TRUE

Last edited:
Well that settles it a unic dweeb from cnn said it. Are you playing the troll roke or are you truly deranged
Classic Trump playbook , attack the messenger . Now you guys are on the side of Bolton too after he roasted Trump in his book.
Facts are facts . Just because he works for cnn doesn’t mean his fact checking isn’t right . He provides fact checks in real time if you follow him on Twitter and backs them up with data. He did it during the DNC as well but it pained in comparison to the RNC. It’s pretty black and white and any rational person can see it if you haven’t been drinking the Trump Koolaide but of course you have been .

One of the biggest phenomena of the past 4 years is what I like to call the "pseudo moderates" or "many siders" who demand that when the "President" is a lying, criminal, far right lunatic he be treated like anyone else in a failed attempt at moderation in what is truly an attempt to sugarcoat and justify far right beliefs. He does this all time and thinks people really buy it.

Agree all politicians lie. I draw the line at violence, looting and rioting which is all being pushed forth by the biased media to create unrest. Just like 1968 and it backfired. But they kept after Nixon until he was impeached. Deja by all over again.

Oh that I agree with.

The right wing media is responsible for the surge of right wing terrorism the past several years. Charlottesville, Kenosha, Parkland, Pittsburgh, Poway, among countless others.

A warmonger, and the NYT ran a piece on page 1 in January 2008 accusing him of having an affair that was totally false. It was so bereft of facts the Anderson Cooper that night the article was published was speaking about it on his show and said "this is AWFLLY thinly documented." And that's CNN.

They should have just said McCain was a loser and not a hero because he was captured. Now that's a criticism of him you could defend.

TDS sorry. Both sides have been aholes but you have TDS. Watch Fox and you will hear the opposite of what you are spewing above.
Complaining about someone referencing propaganda and then referencing propaganda yourself is pretty f'ing funny. You MAGA ppl are next level stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT