ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New Year's Eve?

RUhasarrived

All American
May 7, 2007
How many will be eager to crowd into Times Square this December 31?

Will it actually be allowed?

At this point I don't expect there to be a times square celebration.

2019 looks pretty good compared to 2020.

I never cheer on New Year's lol

"Yay 2020!..Yay!"

Cough cough cough

Reactions: Jm0513
I think we need to look at this with a different perspective... the reason we are reacting this way is two fold ... we have never experienced something like this in our lifetime ....actually only a few who are over 100 have ... when have we ever been exposed to negative news day after day after day as the past several months...the battering is continuous and sometime soon the media needs to show some positive hope to the public... there is a time for drama and a time to have people join together in this fight... the media heads love that people are scared shitless it gets them some clicks... we have become a country where we don’t use our own judgement...Scientists and medical professionals are working tirelessly...that is what needs to be emphasized ...yes covid19 is serious and deadly ...yes most will either be exposed or infected at different intervals going forward....yes the number surviving this will be above 98% and perhaps more ...yes we will learn from this disease ...

What were the odds on NYE 2019 that a virus pandemic would cancel the NCAA tournament within 3 months?

Once there is a vaccine I think NYE will be normal again. Not so sure about this year though.

i did Times Square back in the 90s before all of the stringent rules. When I was there you were able to walk in and out of the bars, use the bathroom etc......Would not even think about it theses days.

Reactions: knightinaz
Might do it this year as a work related thing.

But I get to move around and not be penned in. More like the way @RU Golfer remembers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT