ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Martino got his info from weasel Jeff so now that he's gone I bet his sources dried up.

And with Alderson at the helm, he is not going to be overpaying for talent. Just not Sandy's style. Bauer is not a 36mil a year pitcher. Springer is not worth 30 mil a year either. I want to win and am willing to spend money to do so but those asks are insane.
+1
Those amounts are panic buying. Not good for long-term success.

Reactions: cicero grimes
+1
I wouldn’t spend that much for either but at least you know what you would be getting from Springer. Bauer, on the other hand. Could easily go the rest of his career as a 4+ era or you may get lucky and get a 1/2 guy...Keep in mind, if deGrom is here, Bauer will not be the Ace or starting day pitcher. How does that play with his ego?

+1
Over spending never seemed to bother Yankee fans or how it effected the balance of baseball in general. I don't see Sandy paying more than what he feels a player is worth. We can all look to the Bronx to see the results of over paying for talent to supplement The New Core 4. Why don't you post on the Dead Zone? Currently on page # 14. LMFAO .What a front running joke. True baseball fans follow and discuss the team from Queens.

Last edited:
I wish they could finally come to a conclusion about DH...I know they have stated it won't be back but also know it is 100% a negotiating ploy. I believe it will be back but the ramifications on FA/Trades is tremendous.

Not anyone I knew. Everyone laughed at the Amazins in 1962.
Many still do.
Well, the Yankee fans you speak of usually laughed at everyone. Always easy to be a fan of a team that just wins all the time. You get to act like YOU accomplished something without doing a damn thing...

Well, the Yankee fans you speak of usually laughed at everyone. Always easy to be a fan of a team that just wins all the time. You get to act like YOU accomplished something without doing a damn thing...
It's what fans do.

They haven't exactly been doing that for 12 years. San Fran has won it 3 times and the BoSox 2 times in that time span. Again, where do The 3 Amigos go when they want to talk baseball? The Mets threads, lol.

Last edited:
And as usual the usual suspects always take this thread to that unnecessary place and fill this thread with usual nonsense that has nothing to do with the Mets.

Lots of chatter about Sugano to Mets happening soon. If it happens , hope he’s not the equivalent of Hideki Irabu or Kaz Matsui but rather the equivalent of Tanaka or better less the injuries. His deadline is January 7 to sign.

Last edited:
Who else is in the mix for Springer besides the Blue Jays? Not many teams looking to spend that type of money so a patient approach makes sense. I would hate for the Mets to even come close to what Bauer is reportedly seeking.

You know, Cohen is swinging a big stick on Twitter, talking a big game, I still think he's going to deliver but I know many Mets fans will turn on him if he doesn't pull the trigger on something soon, coming in second on stud UFAs won't go over well. People are done with those days.
Right now the Mets are bidding against themselves for Bauer and Springer. The longer the Mets play this out, the greater the chance of signing either one or both to more favorable deals. The Blue Jays and the Angles are in it, but really don't want to take on such large contracts.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
And as usual the usual suspects always take this thread to that unnecessary place and fill this thread with usual nonsense that has nothing to do with the Mets.
Chicken or the egg? Sick of the disingenuous concern, from the opposing camp, OK? Or are you just oblivious to it? I will ALWAYS call them out, so either put me on your ignore list or STFU when it comes to calling me out. You've never called out Yankee fans for coming in this thread and $hitting on our baseball talk? The Dead Zone isn't even worth the read so they camp out in here.

Last edited:
Chicken or the egg? Sick of the disingenuous concern, from the opposing camp, OK? Or are you just oblivious to it? I will ALWAYS call them out, so either put me on your ignore list or STFU when it comes to calling me out. You've never called out Yankee fans for coming in this thread and $hitting on our baseball talk? The Dead Zone isn't even worth the read so they camp out in here.
I guess you ignored me talking about the other side or usual suspects but they haven't been on lately unless you say something. You're the one who starts stuff most of the time when things are quiet. Guess you're trying to get this thread shut down over stupid stuff. Oh indent thebthe ignore button because I dont get bothered by different opinions.

I would say you should at least be able to take your crap that's thrown back at you but you get triggered by shit you start. Anyway Happy New Year to you Keyboard warrior

I guess you ignored me talking about the other side or usual suspects but they haven't been on lately unless you say something. You're the one who starts stuff most of the time when things are quiet. Guess you're trying to get this thread shut down over stupid stuff. Oh indent thebthe ignore button because I dont get bothered by different opinions.

I would say you should at least be able to take your crap that's thrown back at you but you get triggered by shit you start. Anyway Happy New Year to you Keyboard warrior
So true.

And have dropped out of the running for Tomoyuki Sugano.

Although having never seen Sugano pitch, I'm somewhat disappointed. Movement for this off-season is taking longer than I thought. What I do know is the Mets definitely need to bolster their starting pitching and it appears Bauer is asking for a ridiculous amount of money per media.

Reactions: Greg2020
Mets interested in Brad Hand
7888f4ed1be9e85f3c0c23cb85ab2b2f.png

Jake has to be extremely happy having Lindor’s defense behind him.

I guess Jeff McNeil is a full-time second baseman for 2021. I don't really watch American League games or teams so haven't seen Lindor play much so I wil defer to all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT