ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True but only because the Yankees don't celebrate anything except a World Series win. Mets celebrate winning the NL East pennant.
Yes we do...

But it is a shame that even if you did lower yourself to enjoy a Pennant, it still be over a decade ago...just saying
Will offer a fun friendly bet as you are NOT one of the annoying Amigos
How about $100 donation to Eric’s foundation on who’s Team wins a WS first.
could be next year of 10 years- I’m sure we will both still be on here.,,👍

Reactions: RUfinally2008
@yesrutgers01 the luxury tax threshold may be going up significantly next year with new CBA. I agree with your thinking but we are getting relief.
No it isn't!! Where did you see that?? The owners are going lose their shirts for 2 seasons. That next CBA will be a bloodbath for the players.

No it isn't!! Where did you see that?? The owners are going lose their shirts for 2 seasons. That next CBA will be a bloodbath for the players.
That could work both ways...MLB players union is the best in sports and if the owners are losing money for 2 years, last thing they would need is a strike. Raising the LT doesn’t really kill them all that much either. Teams that are close to it or over would love to see it raised. Allow them to keep or get players and not pay the crazy penalties

That could work both ways...MLB players union is the best in sports and if the owners are losing money for 2 years, last thing they would need is a strike. Raising the LT doesn’t really kill them all that much either. Teams that are close to it or over would love to see it raised. Allow them to keep or get players and not pay the crazy penalties
Exactly. Easy giveaway

Reactions: Greg2020
4 or 5- Peterson looked like the real deal last year.
nice pickup.
Mets have actually made smart moves so far.
a 2/3 type starter, a 4 starter, good middle relief, puts Lugo and Matz in BP, solid C, superstar SS

4 or 5- Peterson looked like the real deal last year.
nice pickup.
Mets have actually made smart moves so far.
a 2/3 type starter, a 4 starter, good middle relief, puts Lugo and Matz in BP, solid C, superstar SS
Peterson is one of those players you keep forgetting about.

Keeping my expectations of Peterson low. They’ll be a book on him this year. Don’t over value him. Not yet at least
I do agree but it is nice to be looking at him for a 5 spot now. What I do like about Peterson though is that he has been incredibly consistent at all levels. 3/4 type starter. If he can keep an era under 4.00 and give us over 150 innings- will be thrilled.

I do agree but it is nice to be looking at him for a 5 spot now. What I do like about Peterson though is that he has been incredibly consistent at all levels. 3/4 type starter. If he can keep an era under 4.00 and give us over 150 innings- will be thrilled.
Also concerned about his shoulder as it bothered him last year.

Also concerned about his shoulder as it bothered him last year.
Shhhhhhhh

now you did it.

hoping that last year was just a weird year all around which includes conditioning. And if it were a full year, he would have pitched way more innings then he ever has before. Why I would like to see him at 150 innings next year..,

I would agree but the Mets are holding onto hope for the 4th year in a row
To be honest- outside of 2017 and last year, he has not been terrible. We just expected more...let’s hope 2020 was a throwaway
Keep in mind he is a lefty and we don’t have him penciled in as the 3 rd starter.

Porter might be in trouble. Sent nudes to a female reporter back in 2016 which Sandy is saying they just found out about.

Just heard the Sportscenter report.

This is going to sound terrible but....it doesn't appear to be as bad as the headlines.

He was clearly harassing her with texts and meetup requests and she started ignoring him.
However once he sent the nude pic she asked him to stop and he immediately apologized and stopped texting her.

That last part was in the on TV report and not the article above.

Alderson: "The Mets take these matters seriously, expect professional and ethical behavior from all of our employees, and certainly do not condone the conduct described in your story. We will follow up as we review the facts regarding this serious issue."

Translation: "Hopefully this issue will just fade away. If it doesn't, Jared Porter will. Steve Cohen absolutely does not tolerate this type of disrespect for women."

In today’s environment I don’t see Porter surviving this. The backlash of keeping him will be severe and continue for as long as he’s GM. The saving grace here is Sandy running baseball operations

cmon down, Springer and Hand
you know you want a part of this action
If Springer means no Conforto next year, then rather go to battle this year as we are and go get a defensive late replacement CF type of guy.
Hand, want him..,

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT