ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

ruready4somefootball

Heisman Winner
Nov 10, 2003
I'll start with the bullpen cost us the postseason last year and has to be at the top of the NL East, the strongest division in baseball, for the Mets to have a chance to play in the postseason. Hopefully the Wilpons hit the dusty trail and we can move on from the worst ownership in baseball.

Here is a preview of the Mets season.

Only took the second post in for the infestation to take hold,lmfao!!!
483320db1589e37f3ff791b916e3cf02.gif

From the latest breaking news on Beltran, the Mets really dodged a bullet.He was the one who pressured players to keep cheating even against other veterans that wanted it stopped. Makes you wonder what his advice was the past year?:Shocked

Reactions: Doctor Worm
From the latest breaking news on Beltran, the Mets really dodged a bullet.He was the one who pressured players to keep cheating even against other veterans that wanted it stopped. Makes you wonder what his advice was the past year?:Shocked
Is it me or is it hard to see a team with Brian McCann, Justin Verlander, and Mike Fiers were Oh so powerless to stop Carlos Beltran and his evil ways? I mean Verlander was against the steroid players and McCann complains about everything. And Fiers was the one who blew it open.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Is it me or is it hard to see a team with Brian McCann, Justin Verlander, and Mike Fiers were Oh so powerless to stop Carlos Beltran and his evil ways? I mean Verlander was against the steroid players and McCann complains about everything. And Fiers was the one who blew it open.
+1
They are conveniently throwing Beltran under that bus to save themselves. Sounds like Cora and Beltran were the leaders on the cheating, but all the players were willing participants.

Maybe Verlander said “you don’t see the needles and I don’t hear the garbage cans”

+1
They are conveniently throwing Beltran under that bus to save themselves. Sounds like Cora and Beltran were the leaders on the cheating, but all the players were willing participants.
Looks like the two of them are taking the brunt of it. And maybe they are the ones that thought it up but there is no way they set it up with cameras, buzzers, relays etc

And this also shows you what a piss poor job BVW did in looking into Beltran as a candidate for manager. There shouldve been whispers on how Beltran was in Houston, esp from his BFF, Hinch.

#FIREBVW
Cough cough emmm maybe BVW hired him specifically because of it...

Reactions: tico brown
+1
What was the excuse last year when both Beltran and Cora were in the AL East

Beltran was in the dugout for the Yanks also. Urshela who couldn't hit above his weight in any of his minor league stops all of a sudden became a .300+ hitter. Yeah ok.
Almost every Yankee and replacement happened to have their best year last year. Even a guy like DJ who has always been a very good hitter- All of a sudden finds power he didn't have in Col??? Maybin, Gardner etc

Almost every Yankee and replacement happened to have their best year last year. Even a guy like DJ who has always been a very good hitter- All of a sudden finds power he didn't have in Col??? Maybin, Gardner etc
Come on. When did Sanchez ever look like he knew what was coming ?

Reactions: rubaseball78
Beltran was in the dugout for the Yanks also. Urshela who couldn't hit above his weight in any of his minor league stops all of a sudden became a .300+ hitter. Yeah ok.
I'm not a Yankee fan and don't know if they were involved in this or not (don't know if Mets were or not either), but check your stats first before you post. He hit 328 at home, 304 on the road, and 8 HRs home, 13 on the road. Certainly not someone you make exhibit A.

I'm not a Yankee fan and don't know if they were involved in this or not (don't know if Mets were or not either), but check your stats first before you post. He hit 328 at home, 304 on the road, and 8 HRs home, 13 on the road. Certainly not someone you make exhibit A.

And some of the Astros hit better on the road also. I'm saying something was up with the Yanks could be both home and road. Look at all of Urshela's numbers before 2019.

'51 Giants played better on the road than they did in the Polo Grounds, yet they are always exhibit A (until this year) for sign stealing.

And this also shows you what a piss poor job BVW did in looking into Beltran as a candidate for manager. There shouldve been whispers on how Beltran was in Houston, esp from his BFF, Hinch.

#FIREBVW
Yeah. I'm guessing that, if this story never broke, the Mets hitters would have had sudden significant improvement in their home batting averages in 2020.
Imagine how the guys must feel that got passed over for Beltran in the selection of a manager for the Amazins' ?

Yeah. I'm guessing that, if this story never broke, the Mets hitters would have had sudden significant improvement in their home batting averages in 2020.
Imagine how the guys must feel that got passed over for Beltran in the selection of a manager for the Amazins' ?
Ecstatic that they're not working for a first class organization like the Mets?

Like Luis Rojas?

You realize homeruns were up all across the league last year right? It was like a huge story the entire year that the balls were juiced. Were you living under a rock last season? Besides the fact that you’re a Met fan why are you desperately trying to lump the Yankees in with these other teams?

Reactions: gigantor1024
And it is funny how Yankee fans try to say he was only there as an assistant in the front office, not on the field...
What exactly would have been the reason a team like the Yankees brought him in after they lost to the Astros?

....because they knew something was up and they wanted help with hiding their signs better. Lol.

Someone delete this thread. It's all Yankees in an alleged Mets thread. Same people would be going bonkers if this was the reverse happening

ADVERTISEMENT