ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

Someone delete this thread. It's all Yankees in an alleged Mets thread. Same people would be going bonkers if this was the reverse happening

We'll turn it back. Just not much to talk about until games start in a week. The Wilpon-Cohen mess took so much wind out of my sails also and it wasn't blowing mightily to begin with.

Ask some questions and we'll be back.

Reactions: Kbee3
And some of the Astros hit better on the road also. I'm saying something was up with the Yanks could be both home and road. Look at all of Urshela's numbers before 2019.
Astros hitting better on the road during the playoffs? Who? And was a dramatic as those that hit better at home??
And WTF why are you talking about Urshela on this topic. He batted over .300 both home and away. He hit more home runs away (13) than at home (8). Mets fans are f-ing delusional.

Someone delete this thread. It's all Yankees in an alleged Mets thread. Same people would be going bonkers if this was the reverse happening
Beltrán is really the topic and he crosses over for both teams. Yankees used him for a year and the Mets failed in their attempt to use him...

So we're gonna delete every thread about the Mets because of The Amigos? It'll pass when the case cracks wide open and they go back under their rock,lol.

Astros hitting better on the road during the playoffs? Who? And was a dramatic as those that hit better at home??
And WTF why are you talking about Urshela on this topic. He batted over .300 both home and away. He hit more home runs away (13) than at home (8). Mets fans are f-ing delusional.

You didn't get the point congratulations. I said Urshela has never hit well in his career but all of a sudden he's over .300. He had not one minor league season even close so it's not like he just never put it together at the major league level finally. I never said anything about his home and road splits. Something is definitely up with the Yanks at the major league level I just don't know what.

You didn't get the point congratulations. I said Urshela has never hit well in his career but all of a sudden he's over .300. He had not one minor league season even close so it's not like he just never put it together at the major league level finally. I never said anything about his home and road splits. Something is definitely up with the Yanks at the major league level I just don't know what.
First it had nothing to do with the Astros cheating conversation that was going on. And don't you think he is hitting better because he is in a stacked lineup?? I don't get your point of bringing him up in the conversation that was going on. Apple's to gorillas. No clue what your point was and worse after your reply.

What about other players on the Yankees? How were their averages compared to past years? Or are you just gunna use that one player that fits your narrative? I guess Gio Urshela would be the first player in major league history to finally figure things out at the age of 27.

Last edited:
MLB should have the balls to vacate Houston's title after their owner's performance in his press conference and his screw up from a brilliant question from a reporter:

Reactions: Kbee3
First it had nothing to do with the Astros cheating conversation that was going on. And don't you think he is hitting better because he is in a stacked lineup?? I don't get your point of bringing him up in the conversation that was going on. Apple's to gorillas. No clue what your point was and worse after your reply.

No I don't. You don't hit better because you're in a good lineup it's not how it works.

What about other players on the Yankees? How were their averages compared to past years? Or are you just gunna use that one player that fits your narrative? I guess Gio Urshela would be the first player in major league history to finally figure things out at the age of 27.

I'll put a list together. It's more than him.

Saw this in Today's Post about a WWII vet who was an Usher for the Mets from day one.
https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/longtime-mets-usher-army-veteran-luke-gasparre-dead-at-95/

Rest in Peace Luke and thank you for your service to our great country. America's greatest generation.

luke-gasparre-mets-usher-obit-parade.jpg

Mets have four in MLB Network Top 100 Right Now:

#8 Jacob deGrom
#24 Pete Alonso
#49 Jeff McNeil
#78 Michael Conforto

There are eight shortstops in the Top 50. That position is loaded right now.

Mets have four in MLB Network Top 100 Right Now:

#8 Jacob deGrom
#24 Pete Alonso
#49 Jeff McNeil
#78 Michael Conforto

There are eight shortstops in the Top 50. That position is loaded right now.
Heres hoping for a playoff run for this group this season despite BVW/ Wilpons

A-Rod certainly would be interesting!!

Also good for Wheeler for speaking out yesterday and then you have numb nuts used car salesman cracking back yet Wheeler was 100% correct. Wish he didn't stay in the division though.

A-Rod certainly would be interesting!!

Also good for Wheeler for speaking out yesterday and then you have numb nuts used car salesman cracking back yet Wheeler was 100% correct. Wish he didn't stay in the division though.
Would you indulge us and care to share what you are talking about?

Would you indulge us and care to share what you are talking about?

Sorry trying to get better with that!!

Wheeler comments yesterday.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/13/zack-wheeler-heard-crickets-from-mets-before-phillies-signing/

“It was basically just crickets when I did,” Wheeler told The Post Thursday.

But Wheeler wasn’t surprised.

“Because it’s them,” he said. “It’s how they roll.”

Wheeler wanted to make it clear he was not sour about how it all played out. He enjoyed his time as a Met, he said, and was thankful for the opportunities the organization gave him. But the only thing they offered him after last season was a $17.8 million qualifying offer.

“Obviously everything starts at the top and it filters down,” Wheeler said. “Whether it be somebody’s fault or not, it starts at the top and goes down. Maybe the top gives them the OK but lower down they don’t want to do something. Or maybe up top, they don’t give you the opportunity to do something but everybody else wants to do it. That’s kind of how it was there at certain points. Everything was kind of jumpy because certain people would want something, others wouldn’t. I don’t think everyone was on the same page.”

And then BVW response today.

https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/brodie...y-two-good-half-seasons-into-payday/312765806

"Our health and performance department, our coaches all contributed and helped him parlay two good half seasons over the last five years into $118 million, Van Wagenen said, according to David Lennon of Newsday. "So I'm proud of what our group was able to help him accomplish. I'm happy he was rewarded for it."

Van Wagenen, who said he was "surprised" and "disappointed" by Wheeler's comments, disputed the claim from Wheeler that there were "crickets" coming from the Mets' side, telling SNY's Steve Gelbs that the Mets had contact with Wheeler's agent up until a week before he signed with Philadelphia.

"Zack is a good pitcher," Van Wagenen added, according to Newsday's Tim Healey. "That's why we wanted to re-sign him. The contract and the market that he enjoyed was beyond what our appetite level was. I said that before. He got paid more than we were willing to give him."

Reactions: Knight Shift
You da man! Can't keep up with the BVW wackiness. It's harder then reading this thread with good Mets fans responding to a bunch of JO's on ignore.

Wheeler:
“It was basically just crickets when I did,” Wheeler told The Post Thursday.
But Wheeler wasn’t surprised.
“Because it’s them,” he said. “It’s how they roll.”

BVW: "Yeah, I'm a dick, but Wheeler should be grateful for it because we made him a lot of money."

Like Jeter has done so well in Florida
Actually, I was referring to the fact that Mets fans have pretty much hurled nothing but venom towards the guy.
It sure would be interesting to see their reaction to him running the Amazins.

Reactions: Section124
FYI, I'm a Mets fan and those are the numbers I quoted so don't give me this crap. I was supporting the position you can't use Urshela as exhibit A for stealing signs because his numbers don't support it. If you are going to rip me at least get it right.

Reactions: c10j10s
Actually, I was referring to the fact that Mets fans have pretty much hurled nothing but venom towards the guy.
It sure would be interesting to see their reaction to him running the Amazins.
You think that it could have something to do with the outrageous demands ARod asked for when the Mets almost signed him? Private jet to away games, private suite on the road? Came off as a real team player,lol. Pretty much alienated Jeter the 1st week they were teammates.Yea,if ARod was a "majority" owner of the Mets, I'd have a problem, but let's face it, he'd just be a token face with no real say in operations,for the good old boys club.

You think that it could have something to do with the outrageous demands ARod asked for when the Mets almost signed him? Private jet to away games, private suite on the road? Came off as a real team player,lol. Pretty much alienated Jeter the 1st week they were teammates.Yea,if ARod was a "majority" owner of the Mets, I'd have a problem, but let's face it, he'd just be a token face with no real say in operations,for the good old boys club.
First off those were Scott Boras demands. Not Arod's. And most were denied later. And the Mets were stupid enough to give up during the first and only meeting with his agent. A meeting where the Mets left before money was even discussed. And who are you f-ing kidding?? The Mets were never going to even come close to the deal he signed. The Mets had the meeting with the agent just to say "we tried" Typical Mets bullcrap. Cheap again.
Second who has more baseball knowledge than any investors he is lining up. He will control the team as he is controlling the people that are investing. And Arod has a lot more $ to put into the bid than Jeter does.

First off those were Scott Boras demands. Not Arod's. And most were denied later. And the Mets were stupid enough to give up during the first and only meeting with his agent. A meeting where the Mets left before money was even discussed. And who are you f-ing kidding?? The Mets were never going to even come close to the deal he signed. The Mets had the meeting with the agent just to say "we tried" Typical Mets bullcrap. Cheap again.
Second who has more baseball knowledge than any investors he is lining up. He will control the team as he is controlling the people that are investing. And Arod has a lot more $ to put into the bid than Jeter does.
His way of still competing with Jeter,lol. Those two had the most phony relationship as teammates I've ever seen. ARod knew he was a better SS, by far, Jeter was way to vain to admit it. In this case, Arod deferred to a lesser player to try and win his teammates over. Before YOU say it, yes Jeter is a HOFer, and ARod won't ever be, but we all know why.

His way of still competing with Jeter,lol. Those two had the most phony relationship as teammates I've ever seen. ARod knew he was a better SS, by far, Jeter was way to vain to admit it. In this case, Arod deferred to a lesser player to try and win his teammates over. Before YOU say it, yes Jeter is a HOFer, and ARod won't ever be, but we all know why.
Arod was by far the most player in the clubhouse. Jeter was loved by the core 4.
The question will be does Arod want to be Front Office type. That would require him moving to NYC. With his family now I don't see them moving to NYC. Or just controlling owner similar to Jeters status.

Wil or canl there a Steve Cohen/Alex Rodriguez partnership in the making to finally dethrone The Wilpons?

Arod was by far the most player in the clubhouse. Jeter was loved by the core 4.
The question will be does Arod want to be Front Office type. That would require him moving to NYC. With his family now I don't see them moving to NYC. Or just controlling owner similar to Jeters status.
Can I safely say you forget to insert"hated"? He was by far the most- - -player in the clubhouse

So if the sale to *anyone* goes through, the Wilpons would continue to own SNY?

Boras, with No input from ARod,really? Come on.

ADVERTISEMENT