ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

You really need to check any list of most popular and/or most valuable sports teams and check out where the Yankees are on said list.
Then check out where the Mets are ranked. Allow yourself some time when checking for the Mets.
It's good to be the king.

because, like yourself, many people just root for a team with a history of winning, makes yourself feel more important. There is a reason there are so many Tom Brady Patriots fans in 2020 and not a damn fan you could find pre 2000

because, like yourself, many people just root for a team with a history of winning, makes yourself feel more important. There is a reason there are so many Tom Brady Patriots fans in 2020 and not a damn fan you could find pre 2000
100% correct. I always enjoy the Yankee fans throwing out the #27, as if they were even around for even 1/4 of those.

100% correct. I always enjoy the Yankee fans throwing out the #27, as if they were even around for even 1/4 of those.
IMG_4090_1200x1200.JPG

Reactions: Kbee3
I give them good runs in the 70’s and 90’s too.
Yankees do have a great history and tons of championships but let’s be real, they have been =|< relevant compared to the Mets since 2010...
lol. What are you smoking? Have you watched tge last 3 seasons. Yankees have also made the playoffs how many times vs Mets in that period. Get lawst with this garbage. Mets Barely are. 500’club and Yankees winning 100 games multiple years in a row. When was the last time the Mets even won 100 games. Pathetic.

Your team is the laughingstock of the league. Has been for 30 years. Go hire and fire another manager before the season.

You really shouldn't talk about things you know nothing about. I'm 70 years old. When I first started following MLB there was exactly ONE team in the area. And one team regularly on tv. The New York Yankees. The Giants and Dodgers had already left for the west coast and the joke that was the Mets hadn't been created yet. Besides, the Yanks had Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris. I was a huge Mantle fan. One of the greatest times in my life was going back and forth daily with my cousin, who was a big Maris fan as the M and M boys battled to catch Babe Ruth's 60 hr record.
I can't tell you how many times I got a good laugh the following year...and many thereafter...at the joke that was this new team in New York
Casey, Choo Choo, Ed Cesspool, and the Amazins. I still can't figure why anyone would root for that team in Flushing when they could root for the most storied franchise in baseball right up in the Bronx.
BTW, 2000 may have been my favorite year.

Its funny that the Mets fans cry about Yankee fans coming to the Mets thread and complain, even get people locked out of the Mets thread but practically beg them to comment by posting dumb ass shit like the Yankees are just an average team over our lifetime. In my lifetime they have been in the World Series 15 times and have won 9. Have been in the playoffs 32 times in my 58 years on earth. The Mets have just 2 World Series wins and a laughingstock 9 appearances in the same timeframe. Just 9!!
What a bunch of whinning ass clowns some of you are!

You really need to check any list of most popular and/or most valuable sports teams and check out where the Yankees are on said list.
Then check out where the Mets are ranked. Allow yourself some time when checking for the Mets.
It's good to be the king.

Do you get a percentage of the value of the Yankees?

I think its hilarious that the same asshats who are in this thread talking crap are the same ones who are crying whenever a NY Met is even mentioned in their Yankee thread.
To be fair there are 2 Mets fans that bait the Yankees fans in both threads. For one guy, it’s what he lives for. Just a fact. I wish people had more to do in their lives than to troll other fanbases.

Back to the Mets.

Yanks might be interested in Matz. Would you deal him? I wouldn't and I'm not even that high on him but would hate to kill the depth of the staff.

Last edited:
Back to the Mets.

Yanks might be interested in Mara. Would you feel him? I wouldn't and I'm not even that high on him but would have to kill the depth of the staff.
I certainly wouldn't feel him. I'm sure he would kick my NY Yankee ass!! :Laughing

lol. What are you smoking? Have you watched tge last 3 seasons. Yankees have also made the playoffs how many times vs Mets in that period. Get lawst with this garbage. Mets Barely are. 500’club and Yankees winning 100 games multiple years in a row. When was the last time the Mets even won 100 games. Pathetic.

Your team is the laughingstock of the league. Has been for 30 years. Go hire and fire another manager before the season.
Since 2010- Yankee WS appearances = 0 Met WS appearances =1
Both teams have been pretty much irrelevant

Its funny that the Mets fans cry about Yankee fans coming to the Mets thread and complain, even get people locked out of the Mets thread but practically beg them to comment by posting dumb ass shit like the Yankees are just an average team over our lifetime. In my lifetime they have been in the World Series 15 times and have won 9. Have been in the playoffs 32 times in my 58 years on earth. The Mets have just 2 World Series wins and a laughingstock 9 appearances in the same timeframe. Just 9!!
What a bunch of whinning ass clowns some of you are!
Anyone that says the Yankees have just been an average team over the past 30 years is an idiot. Over the past 10...there could be an argument lol

If the Yankees were in the NL east they would not be the favorites. Yankees benefit from a joke of an AL east/AL in general this year.
Lol. Your delusional. Mets fans really embarrassing themselves in this thread. It’s sad to read. I always thought that players/back office poll a few years ago was a joke when it had Mets fans as voted least informed and most obnoxious (or something along those lines). But reading these threads is mind boggling in misinformation.

you got one poster saying the Yankees haven’t been relevant the last few years (@yesrutgers01 who we all know isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer) and another saying the Yankees wouldn’t be competitive in the NL east. What world are these people living in?

Reactions: Kbee3
Back to the Mets.

Yanks might be interested in Matz. Would you deal him? I wouldn't and I'm not even that high on him but would hate to kill the depth of the staff.
Andujar's name was mentioned. As a Mets fan, I would make that trade in a second.

Andujar's name was mentioned. As a Mets fan, I would make that trade in a second.
I'd trade Matz for a bag of balls in a second. This kid has to be the most overrated pitcher in NY who has gotten more chances than most. At least with Wheeler, he finally clicked the last year or two and parlayed that into that contract. Matz is same old same old who shouldnt be complaining about the Mets getting Wacha and Porcello.

Anyone that says the Yankees have just been an average team over the past 30 years is an idiot. Over the past 10...there could be an argument lol
Made the playoffs in 8 of those last 10 years. There is no argument just stupid statements from dumb ass Mets fans.
Yankee fans aren't the problem on this thread. They should ban a few Mets fans on here. I think we are all tired of them showing us how stupid there are and bring nothing of value to any thread especially baseball.

Reactions: Section124
Like it or not Andujar is active trade bait. Is Matz enough. No but the right deal and he is gone.
As a Mets fan, I would make that 1v1 trade in a nanosecond. I dont think that Yankees are that desperate for this lefty without the Mets adding JD or Dom, which I'd keep for the bats off the bench.

To be clear if I were the Yanks I'd think that's absolutely a bad deal for them. Mets is a no brainer I just don't know where he would play. Also I'm still not sure what Wacha and Porcello are really going to give us this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT