ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2020 season

To be clear if I were the Yanks I'd think that's absolutely a bad deal for them. Mets is a no brainer I just don't know where he would play. Also I'm still not sure what Wacha and Porcello are really going to give us this year.
Three guys (Matz, Wacha, Porcello) for the last two rotation spots. At least one should have a decent season. If we get lucky, maybe 2 out of the 3 will. None of the three are actually bad options for the back of a rotation.

Three guys (Matz, Wacha, Porcello) for the last two rotation spots. At least one should have a decent season. If we get lucky, maybe 2 out of the 3 will. None of the three are actually bad options for the back of a rotation.

Wacha was really bad last year and Porcello not much better past few years. We'll need a rebound from one of them for sure if not both.

Made the playoffs in 8 of those last 10 years. There is no argument just stupid statements from dumb ass Mets fans.
Yankee fans aren't the problem on this thread. They should ban a few Mets fans on here. I think we are all tired of them showing us how stupid there are and bring nothing of value to any thread especially baseball.
When I say relevant....Yankees are always going to be relevant one way or another...but as a fan of a team like the Yankees- it has been said many times that winning the WS is the only goal each year. Making the playoffs is good but without a WS appearance, it is diminished.
I would trade the Yankee fortunes with the Met fortunes any day. There has only been one WS with a NY team in it over the past decade. That makes NY pretty irrelevant in that time frame.

Lol. Your delusional. Mets fans really embarrassing themselves in this thread. It’s sad to read. I always thought that players/back office poll a few years ago was a joke when it had Mets fans as voted least informed and most obnoxious (or something along those lines). But reading these threads is mind boggling in misinformation.

you got one poster saying the Yankees haven’t been relevant the last few years (@yesrutgers01 who we all know isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer) and another saying the Yankees wouldn’t be competitive in the NL east. What world are these people living in?

As stated to WB who has been pretty good in the Met's thread over the years...By relevant, I am talking a factor in the WS. Making the playoffs has never been the goal of the Yankees, getting another ring is. The Met's only made it once and they played poorly. It makes all of NY less than relevant in baseball over the past decade.
Bolded- check your fingers for cuts.

When I say relevant....Yankees are always going to be relevant one way or another...but as a fan of a team like the Yankees- it has been said many times that winning the WS is the only goal each year. Making the playoffs is good but without a WS appearance, it is diminished.
I would trade the Yankee fortunes with the Met fortunes any day. There has only been one WS with a NY team in it over the past decade. That makes NY pretty irrelevant in that time frame.
Bullcrap. The Yankees even in their last non playoff year were more relevant than the Mets as that was the begining of the youth movement with Judge and friends. They have had big runs in the playoffs and even without a WS win they have been a huge national story for the past 4/5 years.

Bullcrap. The Yankees even in their last non playoff year were more relevant than the Mets as that was the begining of the youth movement with Judge and friends. They have had big runs in the playoffs and even without a WS win they have been a huge national story for the past 4/5 years.
Ok- enjoy the playoffs with no rings...not comparing to my Mets because I’ll take the playoffs but if you are a Tankee fan, you can’t tell me you are ok not making the WS for a decade.
I’ll call BS if you tell me you are

Ok- enjoy the playoffs with no rings...not comparing to my Mets because I’ll take the playoffs but if you are a Tankee fan, you can’t tell me you are ok not making the WS for a decade.
I’ll call BS if you tell me you are
Doesn't make them irrelevant! Those are completely two different things. To call them irrelevant the last 10 years is a complete joke.

Doesn't make them irrelevant! Those are completely two different things. To call them irrelevant the last 10 years is a complete joke.
Ok- so out of the 32 teams, how many have been in the WS since 2010? 13 different teams. 7 teams more than once. 7 teams 2+ WS, 6 teams 1 WS...so, anyone else, is toward bottom half of MLB for being relevant...

Ok- so out of the 32 teams, how many have been in the WS since 2010? 13 different teams. 7 teams more than once. 7 teams 2+ WS, 6 teams 1 WS...so, anyone else, is toward bottom half of MLB for being relevant...
If you make the playoffs in 8 of the last 10 years you can't be considered irrelevant. I don't know why you can't understand that besides hating on the Yankees and trying to say the Mets were better in that time frame. Sorry over the last 10 years the Yankees were more relevant.

Reactions: superfan01
Lol. Your delusional. Mets fans really embarrassing themselves in this thread. It’s sad to read. I always thought that players/back office poll a few years ago was a joke when it had Mets fans as voted least informed and most obnoxious (or something along those lines). But reading these threads is mind boggling in misinformation.

you got one poster saying the Yankees haven’t been relevant the last few years (@yesrutgers01 who we all know isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer) and another saying the Yankees wouldn’t be competitive in the NL east. What world are these people living in?
Who said they wouldn't be competitive? I said they wouldn't be the favorites. Yankee fan reading comprehension is not the best I guess.

If you make the playoffs in 8 of the last 10 years you can't be considered irrelevant. I don't know why you can't understand that besides hating on the Yankees and trying to say the Mets were better in that time frame. Sorry over the last 10 years the Yankees were more relevant.

Jeepers WB- I already said I would trade the Yankees years for the Met years. I am saying that between both teams- neither have made a significant splash in baseball in the past decade. Making the playoffs for the Yankees mean nothing without a ring to show for it. For 10 years, NY baseball has ended with a loss for both teams...

Jeepers WB- I already said I would trade the Yankees years for the Met years. I am saying that between both teams- neither have made a significant splash in baseball in the past decade. Making the playoffs for the Yankees mean nothing without a ring to show for it. For 10 years, NY baseball has ended with a loss for both teams...
World Series in 2009. ALCS in 2010, 2012 and 2017 is nothing?? I thought you were smarter than that. Now you are just trolling.

And the Mets haven't been in a youth movement? Oh, sorry, I forgot, I'm one of the posters that doesn't bring anything to any thread and should be banned,yea,OK.

Forget it, he wants you to kiss his ring,rings/lol

First and foremost- we are in the Mets thread. Even trying to give the Yankees the respect they deserve but Yankee fans can’t stand that they haven’t even made a WS in a decade.
Great that your team has made the post season so often...you have not finished in the top 2 in any year since 2009. You spend more money than anyone and still have not found your way to the WS in a decade. Sorry if the truth hurts. Now, before you say it again, your team has had better results then ours has...make you happy now. But we also know we have one of the worst owners and front office in baseball.
So, now you don’t have to compare again, did it for you but doesn’t change the fact the Yankees have not made the WS in a decade.
The cool thing is that both teams find themselves in pretty good shape for the future. I’m now more interested to see how it plays out this decade.

First and foremost- we are in the Mets thread. Even trying to give the Yankees the respect they deserve but Yankee fans can’t stand that they haven’t even made a WS in a decade.
Great that your team has made the post season so often...you have not finished in the top 2 in any year since 2009. You spend more money than anyone and still have not found your way to the WS in a decade. Sorry if the truth hurts. Now, before you say it again, your team has had better results then ours has...make you happy now. But we also know we have one of the worst owners and front office in baseball.
So, now you don’t have to compare again, did it for you but doesn’t change the fact the Yankees have not made the WS in a decade.
The cool thing is that both teams find themselves in pretty good shape for the future. I’m now more interested to see how it plays out this decade.
And still you don't get it. Not winning a WS doesn't mean a team is irrelevant. Right?? Or did you come down with a bad case of stupid??

Are you sure we are in a Mets thread? Certainly does not seem like it.

From SNY Mets blog:
6 things to know about Tuesday's game...

1) Noah Syndergaard got the start for the Mets and had an up-and-down performance Tuesday. Despite striking out five batters in 3.0 innings on the mound, Syndergaard gave up two earned runs on two hits -- which ended up being too much for the Mets to come back from.
2) Robert Gsellman and Jeurys Familia were among the other pitchers to enter the game. Gsellman struggled in 2.0 innings, allowing one earned run and two hits while striking out none. Familia had himself a quieter outing, striking out a batter and retiring the other two in his 1.0 inning.
3) Jeff McNeil continued making his case for the leadoff spot come Opening Day, picking up another two hits (one home run) in three at-bats.
4) Brandon Nimmo and Pete Alonso each secured a hit Tuesday -- something that has come easier to Nimmo than it has to Alonso, who is struggling at the plate this spring.
5) Wilson Ramos, Michael Conforto and Jake Marisnick combined to go 0-for-7 at the plate.
6) After giving up two runs in the ninth to widen the Marlins' lead to 6-1, the Mets loaded the bases with two outs in the bottom of the frame to make things interesting. But David Thompson hit a grounder to short in the game's final at-bat to end any chance of an extremely late comeback.

Are you sure we are in a Mets thread? Certainly does not seem like it.

From SNY Mets blog:
6 things to know about Tuesday's game...

1) Noah Syndergaard got the start for the Mets and had an up-and-down performance Tuesday. Despite striking out five batters in 3.0 innings on the mound, Syndergaard gave up two earned runs on two hits -- which ended up being too much for the Mets to come back from.
2) Robert Gsellman and Jeurys Familia were among the other pitchers to enter the game. Gsellman struggled in 2.0 innings, allowing one earned run and two hits while striking out none. Familia had himself a quieter outing, striking out a batter and retiring the other two in his 1.0 inning.
3) Jeff McNeil continued making his case for the leadoff spot come Opening Day, picking up another two hits (one home run) in three at-bats.
4) Brandon Nimmo and Pete Alonso each secured a hit Tuesday -- something that has come easier to Nimmo than it has to Alonso, who is struggling at the plate this spring.
5) Wilson Ramos, Michael Conforto and Jake Marisnick combined to go 0-for-7 at the plate.
6) After giving up two runs in the ninth to widen the Marlins' lead to 6-1, the Mets loaded the bases with two outs in the bottom of the frame to make things interesting. But David Thompson hit a grounder to short in the game's final at-bat to end any chance of an extremely late comeback.
No its not

So- with our lineup- what do you guys have for where we bat Nimmo/McNeil/Rosario?
I'd like to see Nimmo leadoff and McNeil as number 2 with Rosario batting 7 in front of Cano. We could switch them at 7/8 but would rather have Rosario's speed in front.
My lineup as of now
Nimmo
McNeil
Davis/Cespedes
Alonso
Conforto
Ramos
Rosario
Cano

Maybe the best lineup we have ever fielded from top to bottom - 5 guys that should be 20-45 HR's and all 8 could go over 15 HR and most likely everyone .260 or better

Reactions: tico brown
I'd move Conforto into the 3 and put Ces or Davis 5. We all know Cano is going to be in the 2 spot though.

I'd move Conforto into the 3 and put Ces or Davis 5. We all know Cano is going to be in the 2 spot though.
Swapping Conforto to 3 makes sense too.

and too funny about Cano- I’d love to see if BVW bats him 3rd again. I’ll be honest though, if Cano is hitting 7/8, he would actually be a positive in the lineup...

Swapping Conforto to 3 makes sense too.

and too funny about Cano- I’d love to see if BVW bats him 3rd again. I’ll be honest though, if Cano is hitting 7/8, he would actually be a positive in the lineup...

100% agreed. If Rosario looks good I'd wonder if they tinker with SP 8th and Rosario in the 9 spot also.

If healthy- here are also my realistic numbers I would like to see from each spot.

My lineup as of now
Nimmo .400+ OBP 100 R 20 HR
McNeil .310+ BA 100 + R 20+ HR 75 RBI
Davis/Cespedes 290 + BA 30HR 100+ RBI
Alonso 35-45 HR 100+ RBI
Conforto 35 HR 90-100 RBI
Ramos .270 BA 12-15 HR 70+ RBI
Rosario .285+ BA 15+ HR 20+ SB
Cano .270 BA 12-18 HR

Reactions: Knight Shift
Would the boldest prediction ever be I name Jeff McNeil as NL MVP? I love him so much.
Who would be the MVP if Alonso drives McNeil home so much?

But my bold prediction is Yo winning the Comeback Player of the Year for obvious reasons.

Yeah whatever. Like that has a chance of happening!!
Can we just get back to talking baseball?
Why, because there is no chance in hell that our poor Mets could ever be in more WS than the Yankees over a whole decade?

This is the Met’s thread I believe...we have one of our best teams ever- rival that of the mid 80’s...So it isn’t unrealistic that the Mets could actually be pretty darn good...Alonso, McNeil, Rosario, Nimmo, Conforto, deGrom etc
We actually have a lot to look forward to.

Why, because there is no chance in hell that our poor Mets could ever be in more WS than the Yankees over a whole decade?

This is the Met’s thread I believe...we have one of our best teams ever- rival that of the mid 80’s...So it isn’t unrealistic that the Mets could actually be pretty darn good...Alonso, McNeil, Rosario, Nimmo, Conforto, deGrom etc
We actually have a lot to look forward to.
Didn't you have all those guys last year?? How did that work out? Your last great team was 2007 and let me say the Mets were relevant. At least to the epic collapse. I know you like to talk about epic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT