ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, Brewers are hard core. I am wondering if they said to Stearns and Arnold, "Look, we're going to deny permission for them to talk to you, but we are going to give you xyz." Otherwise, I don't think that's the best rep to have as an organization.

Reactions: Plum Street
Man, Brewers are hard core. I am wondering if they said to Stearns and Arnold, "Look, we're going to deny permission for them to talk to you, but we are going to give you xyz." Otherwise, I don't think that's the best rep to have as an organization.
Mark Attanasio, the Brewers owner, kinda views himself as the Charlie Finley of his day. He is the ringleader of the small market owners, and vocal defender of their interests. He despises how the large market clubs have used their financial clout to poach small market teams of their talent. For his free agent players, there's nothing he can do about it. For his management talent, there is.

My guess is that he is the one and only owner who would deny one of his employees a major promotion.

Mark Attanasio, the Brewers owner, kinda views himself as the Charlie Finley of his day. He is the ringleader of the small market owners, and vocal defender of their interests. He despises how the large market clubs have used their financial clout to poach small market teams of their talent. For his free agent players, there's nothing he can do about it. For his management talent, there is.

My guess is that he is the one and only owner who would deny one of his employees a major promotion.
That's funny coming from him since he took advantage of the Marlins fire sale a few years ago to land Yelich in a lopsided trade.

Reactions: FrankZ
Yeah Cohen has been losing my faith more and more as his ownership tenure has gone on. Not because of the Sandy stuff but because wtf does Christie know about baseball? Absolutely nothing.

Yeah Cohen has been losing my faith more and more as his ownership tenure has gone on. Not because of the Sandy stuff but because wtf does Christie know about baseball? Absolutely nothing.
😏
chris-christie-batting.jpg
Chris-Christie-in-a-baseball-uniform-8.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Morrischiano
Good call.

Reactions: RUPete
Do guys not want to work for Cohen? Do guys not want to work for Sandy? Is it both? I've never seen anything like this.

Do guys not want to work for Cohen? Do guys not want to work for Sandy? Is it both? I've never seen anything like this.
I've seen it reported that Cohen is the problem, and none of the candidates had any concerns with Sandy.

But I have also seen that at least one candidate was concerned about being "the meat in an Alderson sandwich".

I hear quite a bit from "talking heads" that the problem is Cohen and not Sandy. While Cohen does seem to be a bit of a loose cannon- my take is "are you sh$tting me" I am sorry but it is a SA issue, not the owner.

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Make Boras the GM. Maybe we will then be able to sign some of his clients. In all seriousness, I cannot recall a team ever having such a hard time finding front office help. Speculation on my part, but maybe the word is out around the league that you don't want to work for Cohen.

Make Boras the GM. Maybe we will then be able to sign some of his clients. In all seriousness, I cannot recall a team ever having such a hard time finding front office help. Speculation on my part, but maybe the word is out around the league that you don't want to work for Cohen.
Could this be tied to the White Sox (owner) who NEVER wanted Cohen as the owner of the Mets? It might be a smear campaign to undermine the organization due to pure hate. Ownership of a professional team is a small elite club. Cohen is the new guy on the block. It took Jerry Jones a long time before he was accepted as one of the inner circle guys in the NFL. Working his Cohen's financial businesses is different than working for a sports organization. There is no real history to say Cohen is a b*tch to work with or be around.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Could this be tied to the White Sox (owner) who NEVER wanted Cohen as the owner of the Mets? It might be a smear campaign to undermine the organization due to pure hate. Ownership of a professional team is a small elite club. Cohen is the new guy on the block. It took Jerry Jones a long time before he was accepted as one of the inner circle guys in the NFL. Working his Cohen's financial businesses is different than working for a sports organization. There is no real history to say Cohen is a b*tch to work with or be around.
I have never heard of so many clubs refusing their people to interview for a promotion. I actually, didn’t think they were allowed to.
And there have been much worse owners- they just have to pay more. But we aren’t even getting that opportunity. So, I agree with you, I believe the other owners are behind this.

Cohen is becoming a clown 🤡

Why do you block all these interviews? Deep pockets and a hunger to win spells trouble and a threat to these other teams. They know that Cohen will go to lengths that they never had to concern themselves with under the previous ownership.

Mets problems will not go away until Sandy goes away. I’ve never seen another pro org go through this.

The buried lede in this article is that Sabean is not in consideration. Not surprising IMO. Sabean is old school, and old school is not what Cohen is looking for.

Looking to me like they will promote from within, which could work, I suppose. Or not.

Reactions: Morrischiano
Could this be tied to the White Sox (owner) who NEVER wanted Cohen as the owner of the Mets? It might be a smear campaign to undermine the organization due to pure hate. . . .
The amount of nonsense that is just mused into existence in this thread is breath taking.

Of course he won’t get hired but Ron Washington is as good as candidate as any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT