ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith Law of The Athletic (paywall) has listed his Top 50 Free Agents. Lots of Mets:

#5 - Stroman
#9 - Baez
#18 - Syndergaard
#21 - Conforto
#40 - Villar
#46 - Hill

No mention of Loup.

Keith Law of The Athletic (paywall) has listed his Top 50 Free Agents. Lots of Mets:

#5 - Stroman
#9 - Baez
#18 - Syndergaard
#21 - Conforto
#40 - Villar
#46 - Hill

No mention of Loup.
my take:
Sign Stroman
Sign Baez
QO Syndergaard - he would be crazy not to take it. and if he doesn't- get the pick
QO Conforto but don't pursue him as a FA. Take the pick
Sign Villar
Goodbye to Hill
Loup NEEDS to be signed

And then go after KBryant and S Marte - neither would cost a pick and is money only
Maybe push for a veteran SP in the same situation as well. Someone traded last year.

I can't get through to you guys that you're encouraging someone who is coming here just to provoke a response. Stop answering him if you want him to go away.
Wait, remember the days when Mets fans were blamed for going to The Dead Zone to provoke them? That was bull$hit then and it's Bull$hit now. They are miserable as the once Entitled Fan Base has fallen further and further behind the truly elite baseball franchises, and yes, we all know the Mets aren't one.

Wait, remember the days when Mets fans were blamed for going to The Dead Zone to provoke them? That was bull$hit then and it's Bull$hit now. They are miserable as the once Entitled Fan Base has fallen further and further behind the truly elite baseball franchises, and yes, we all know the Mets aren't one.
You have to cut them slack…all those championships when you could catch a flight with a bottle of shampoo in your carry-on spoiled them.
and now into their 2nd decade without even getting to the WS. All they have left is to bust on the Met’s.

You have to cut them slack…all those championships when you could catch a flight with a bottle of shampoo in your carry-on spoiled them.
and now into their 2nd decade without even getting to the WS. All they have left is to bust on the Met’s.
LMAO, you put it a lot better than I did, either way, it seems they're the last to realize they are a has been. Now Carnac the Magnificent would say "we were the never weres", there, I said it before The 3 Amigo's did.

Boston Globe reporting that Raquel Ferriera has declined to interview for the Mets GM position. Will stay with Sawx.

I am certain the Mets will find someone who will be permitted to take this job, and will then actually take it. But I know not when, or more importantly, who.

Boston Globe reporting that Raquel Ferriera has declined to interview for the Mets GM position. Will stay with Sawx.

I am certain the Mets will find someone who will be permitted to take this job, and will then actually take it. But I know not when, or more importantly, who.
Well- if you are a woman in baseball, are you really going to take a job reporting to Sandy?
This man hired Porter and Callaway.

I don't know if it's Sandy or not but something is definitely up.
Something is definitely up when National sportswriters are criticizing the Mets for firing front office people after their DUIs while Henry Ruggs is a current topic.

I don't know if it's Sandy or not but something is definitely up.

I think for whatever reason Cohen is being blackballed. If that really is the case Cohen should channel his inner Al Davis and go rogue.
I believe it is a combo of both.
Cohen came on the scene and acted like a hedge fund bully and didn't realize that in this old boys club of owners, money doesn't always talk.
Then you have Sandy. I don't think his reputation does him any favors. Porter and Calloway- and you know damn well he had heard all the things Calloway was doing while here but as an old boys club member- he looked the other way. And then you know there is no way he isn't going to still have a major influence on decisions. Why would one of the best of the best have him casting a shadow on them. Cohen isn't going anywhere- he really does have to get Sandy the hell out of town.

Reactions: tico brown
I believe it is a combo of both.
Cohen came on the scene and acted like a hedge fund bully and didn't realize that in this old boys club of owners, money doesn't always talk.
Then you have Sandy. I don't think his reputation does him any favors. Porter and Calloway- and you know damn well he had heard all the things Calloway was doing while here but as an old boys club member- he looked the other way. And then you know there is no way he isn't going to still have a major influence on decisions. Why would one of the best of the best have him casting a shadow on them. Cohen isn't going anywhere- he really does have to get Sandy the hell out of town.
Can't argue with any of that. The thing is though, Cohen hand-selected Sandy precisely BECAUSE he was a well-respected member of the old boys club. Cohen intuited (correctly IMO) that having Sandy on board might convince the other owners that he planned to "build a winner the right way" and not just spend his way to a championship. Cohen needed that to get confirmed.

I just don't see Cohen throwing Sandy overboard now.

Last edited:
1986 was soooo long ago.
BTW, why would anyone have a botttle of shampoo in their carry-on ?

Dream world for Mets fans.
cohen insulted and pissed acts like Bobby Axlerod.
“what good is F@&k You money if you never say F@&k you !”

Signs.. Baez Bryant Strohman and another pitcher

1986 was soooo long ago.
There are kids in Jr HS that never saw the Yankees as Champs. And we agree- 1986 was way to long ago. I think that is where you fail. As Met’s fans, we actually agree. But we also find it funny as hell that you guys act as though it is 2000.
mid you don’t get the shampoo comment, then change it to a bottle of anything over a couple of ounces.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Not sure what prompted me to look this up, but the Mets have the 9th longest championship drought: (Asterisk indicates franchise has never won.)

1) Cleveland - 73 years
2) Washington Senators/Texas - 61 years*
3) Seattle Pilots/Milwaukee - 53 years*
4) San Diego - 53 years*
5) Seattle - 45 years*
6) Pittsburgh - 42 years
7) Baltimore - 38 years
8) Detroit - 37 years
9) NY Mets - 35 years

However, if we go by World Series APPEARANCES, the Mets have only the 21st longest drought.

There are kids in Jr HS that never saw the Yankees as Champs. And we agree- 1986 was way to long ago. I think that is where you fail. As Met’s fans, we actually agree. But we also find it funny as hell that you guys act as though it is 2000.
mid you don’t get the shampoo comment, then change it to a bottle of anything over a couple of ounces.

1986 was soooo long ago.
Nuff said, subtract 4 or 5 titles then get back to me.
Yankees-Syringe.jpg

Reactions: redking
Not sure what prompted me to look this up, but the Mets have the 9th longest championship drought: (Asterisk indicates franchise has never won.)

1) Cleveland - 73 years
2) Washington Senators/Texas - 61 years*
3) Seattle Pilots/Milwaukee - 53 years*
4) San Diego - 53 years*
5) Seattle - 45 years*
6) Pittsburgh - 42 years
7) Baltimore - 38 years
8) Detroit - 37 years
9) NY Mets - 35 years

However, if we go by World Series APPEARANCES, the Mets have only the 21st longest drought.
You know that isn't correct. there have only been 9 other teams to be in the WS since the last time we were. Including KC who were in it with us.
And up until last year- LA Doggers were too far behind us. Plus, Rockies have never won one

But still- it sux

It was the Braves' destiny to win the World Series. They won 44 games before the All-Star break, which should have been a tribute to number 44 Hank Aaron. After the break, the Braves won 44 games to make the playoffs. The Braves won game 6 of the World Series during the 44th week of the MLB season.
Wow, that's incredible.

And the Mets will screw that up and not sign the draft pick next year.

Pedro Feliciano, former NY Mets reliever, dies at age 45, report says

Feliciano was a left-hander for the Mets from 2002-10, then again in 2013. He earned the nickname "Perpetual Pedro" for his consistent usage out of the bullpen over nine seasons with the Mets.

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/sto...ormer-ny-mets-pitcher-dead-age-45/6340434001/
Very sad news...RIP. Only 45 years old.

In 2006, we met Pedro of all places at a rest area along I95 in Maryland en route to a Mets at Nats game.

My 10 year old son at the time recognized Pedro and he was very gracious and friendly taking pictures with us.

Very durable dependable pitcher who I believe is the last pitcher to pitch in 90 games in a season.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Hate to see Conforto go but it's time to clean house. We didn't win with Conforto.

Conforto is a terrific player when he does not have the pressure of being a 3-4-5 hitter.

Put him in a good lineup in the 6 hole and he'll excel.

NYP reporting that Luis Rojs will become 3B coach for Skankees. Hope he also becomes Consigliere Bench Coach to Boone. That would be a deadly duo....:)

Nuff said, subtract 4 or 5 titles then get back to me.
Yankees-Syringe.jpg
Funny thing is that the only person in MLB charged and convicted of supplying steroids and human growth hormone and other drugs worked for the Mets! Everytime Mets fans bring up this topic they conveniently forget Kirk Radomski. The Mets were the most juiced team in baseball and still sucked.

Reactions: Kbee3
Don't know if this was posted. Looks like a great documentary on Gil Hodges.
He is back on the Hall of Fame ballot and hopefully he finally gets in. This documentary and a ton of very vocal support especially from Vin Scully.

Kirk Radomski
Why do you make us do this...anyway - "As for performance-enhancing drugs, Radomski told ESPN.com that the only Mets he supplied during his clubhouse days in New York were Lenny Dykstra and David Segui, though he writes that his plea agreement with the government states that he didn't begin distributing until after he left the Mets." ~ Radomski and per Radomski - Radomski supplied the drugs to personal trainer Brian McNamee, who has testified that he provided performance enhancers to Roger Clemens, Andy Pettitte and Chuck Knoblauch.

Just thought it may be good to provide some info with a source rather than your non stop trolling- and yes, you have stepped above the 3 Amigos.

What a mess this off-season is for Mets.
How is Cohen any different then Wilpons?
everything is the same

• Sad
Reactions: redking
No POBO being hired now. Only a GM. Alderson sandwich has been a problem. What a mess Cohen created quickly.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT