ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Atlanta is walking away from Freeman, then the Mets should be wary of what is left in the tank. Atlanta does an excellent job of getting the most out of a player and walking away at the right time.

Why do so many of you want a senior citizen team? How many old guys are you going to sign?

Dom Smith gives you more flexibility, and he is cheap.

You guys want Bryant, Freeman, but you forget the Mets are stuck with Cano. How many big contracts do you want to be stuck with and the guys who are not starters? Cano is not a starter anymore. Freeman is not going to start over Alfonso.

What do you care about the contracts? It's not your money, right. If Cohen is ok with taking on these contracts and pay the luxury tax, then so be it. Cohen is not the Wilpons.

Freeman is going to get 500-600 AB’s for the next 4 years if no injuries. He is a no brainer for any team that signs him.
That might be true, but not every player is a fit for you team. When building a team it's like putting a puzzle together. The pieces have to fit so you can complete the puzzle. Where does Freeman fit without hurting Alonso's growth or JD at DH?

What do you care about the contracts? It's not your money, right. If Cohen is ok with taking on these contracts and pay the luxury tax, then so be it. Cohen is not the Wilpons.
Bad contracts hurt you in the long run.

Signing every old player prevents the development of young guys.

Rich people stay rich because the don't make dumb moves while spending all their money.

Building winning teams is about getting the fits. Not every star fits the criteria.

That might be true, but not every player is a fit for you team. When building a team it's like putting a puzzle together. The pieces have to fit so you can complete the puzzle. Where does Freeman fit without hurting Alonso's growth or JD at DH?
I really don’t think we would be signing Freeman anyway. And I agree about Alonso- but I don’t think JD would stop the Mets from doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT