ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Mets 2022-2023 Off Season Thread

He could go into the hall and, if he does, it'll almost certainly be as a Met. So bring him back. I know I'm in the minority, but I never really cared much about the Houston thing. Just more interesting history to the game.

He could go into the hall and, if he does, it'll almost certainly be as a Met. So bring him back. I know I'm in the minority, but I never really cared much about the Houston thing. Just more interesting history to the game.
Beltran got railroaded, plain and simple...All other coaches and players involved are back with no negative feelings anymore- Hell, Cora brought it to Boston with him.

I am not sure how he would have done as our manager and glad we have Buck- but Beltran is such a knowledgeable baseball person and it seems he still relates to players- he is a perfect hire for us.

Reactions: AntiG
I'm with you on that. I just assume everyone is cheating.

We'll need surprising performances from the young hitters slotted into the batting order at DH, 3B or catcher, othewise the Mets may be on the market midseason or earlier for a bat or two.

We'll need surprising performances from the young hitters slotted into the batting order at DH, 3B or catcher, othewise the Mets may be on the market midseason or earlier for a bat or two.
I still think 3B is going to be just fine. DH is the issue. And if both of those two work out, then our Catchers don’t have to hit.

The issue is that we are looking to beat the top teams, and a number of them don't have holes in the lineup at, say, catcher, that we have had.

The issue is that we are looking to beat the top teams, and a number of them don't have holes in the lineup at, say, catcher, that we have had.
They gave a hole at closer…LF was really weak and I assume Grissom is going to be SS? They had him and Harris light it up- do both stay that strong or Sophomore slump?

As it stands now, nine players on the Mets 40 man roster are scheduled to play in the WBC:

USA
Pete Alonso
Jeff McNeil
Adam Ottavino
Brooks Raley

PUERTO RICO
Edwin Diaz
Francisco Lindor

VENEZUELA
Eduardo Escobar
Jose Quintana
Omar Narvaez

Plus a few minor leaguers.

A few Mets who had previously stated their intention to play, have backed off. Among them are Brandon Nimmo, Starling Marte, and Mark Vientos.

Question- Atl/NYM/Philly
I still see so many people with Atl as the front runner. And yes, they won 101 games last year like us. But…did they actually get better this year, or worse? You can argue with losing thei SS, they may be worse.
Same with us, not sure if we got better but I don’t think it is worse.
Philly- that 100 % got better. If they are close by the time Harper gets back- they worry me most.

Khalil Lee has cleared waivers and has been assigned to Syracuse. So the Mets have not completely cut ties.

How could you do that ?
Do what,hire Beltran? Didn't the Yankees hire him after the Mets cancelled his hire as Manager? People pay the price for they're mistakes and after his cheating helped axe the Yankees chances at a Ring for your team to hire him begs the question,"how could you do that"? LFGM

Do what,hire Beltran? Didn't the Yankees hire him after the Mets cancelled his hire as Manager? People pay the price for they're mistakes and after his cheating helped axe the Yankees chances at a Ring for your team to hire him begs the question,"how could you do that"? LFGM
Cora actually still sort of brags about it and he was back much sooner as well as their then manager.
Everyone from that scandal is back and either on the field or dugouts and Beltran was left holding the bag for all of them.

I believe he will be great in the front office and glad we have him on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUfinally2008
Yes. Being cheap as always. Cohen should just pay Keith on the side for something to make up the difference.
IDK. We don't know what Keith is asking. Unlike Cohen (but like the large majority of franchise owners) the Wilpons actually need their property to turn a profit. Can't blame them for that.

Does the broadcast team actually move the needle ratings-wise? Do people actually make their decision on whether to watch the Mets game based on whether Keith is on that night? I love GKR. I can't stand Todd Zeile. But if Zeile is broadcasting, I will still watch.

My point is that I doubt that Keith Hernandez drives the revenue stream. As we all know, that is the Wilpons #1 concern.

• Angry
Reactions: RUfinally2008
IDK. We don't know what Keith is asking. Unlike Cohen (but like the large majority of franchise owners) the Wilpons actually need their property to turn a profit. Can't blame them for that.

Does the broadcast team actually move the needle ratings-wise? Do people actually make their decision on whether to watch the Mets game based on whether Keith is on that night? I love GKR. I can't stand Todd Zeile. But if Zeile is broadcasting, I will still watch.

My point is that I doubt that Keith Hernandez drives the revenue stream. As we all know, that is the Wilpons #1 concern.
People do watch more because of the 3 guys as a team. They really make the experience that much more enjoyable.
But you are right, it really doesn’t move it a ton.

People do watch more because of the 3 guys as a team. They really make the experience that much more enjoyable.
But you are right, it really doesn’t move it a ton.
Wish we could wipe away the stain of the Coupons! The leftover residue from the jealousy of current MLB owners wanting no part of Uncle Stevie. He had to jump through so many hoops for them he just figured he'd buy SNY at a later date. It's coming and so are the Championships.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Two Rutgers guys and this guy,love it.
ny-sports-mets-pat-mahomes-jersey-20181021

ADVERTISEMENT