ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2020-2021 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would love to know what other teams offered. It didn’t sound like he was going to get anything close to $11 mil.
regardless- he is a much needed piece for the Yanks if he gets back to form and gives you at least 175+ innings.

If they reach the Series,they'll win it as their last Series loss while a Democrat was President was in 1964.

During Game 7 that year,it was announced that Soviet leader,Khrushchev was removed from office.The joke going around was that Russia just heard that the Reds didn't make the Series.

Would love to know what other teams offered. It didn’t sound like he was going to get anything close to $11 mil.
regardless- he is a much needed piece for the Yanks if he gets back to form and gives you at least 175+ innings.
Well he is a recent 2 time Cy Young award winner. Even if they overpaid him, you still have to kiss the ring sometimes. Besides, if you could have said the Yanks would sign DJ and Kluber for 26 million this season, I would have thought you were crazy at the end of last season .

Reactions: fsg2 and T2Kplus20
Well he is a recent 2 time Cy Young award winner. Even if they overpaid him, you still have to kiss the ring sometimes. Besides, if you could have said the Yanks would sign DJ and Kluber for 26 million this season, I would have thought you were crazy at the end of last season .
Any idea where their 21 budget total is now?

Really have to give DJ some props- he most likely left 3-5mil per year on the table to help the team...That is big time.
Anyway- Would have loved Kluber and props to him for the $11 mil- didn't think he would get much more than a "show me" contract that could have come out on the high end of 15 mil or so if he hit everything but only a 6-8 mil base

Last edited:
DJ was a must sign no brainer.
Simplify the game and make believe you’re the short stop for the opposition.
Tying run at 3rd base, less that 2 outs, one run game...who in the Yankee lineup do you least want to see at the plate.
This is against the oppositions best strikeout closer.
Sanchez will let more runs in than he drives in. Not just with passed balls, but by not allowing pitchers to throw their best breaking ball in the dirt.
Nothing worse for a pitcher than being afraid the Catcher can’t get block a ball in the dirt

Not interested in Walker. I’m fine with Montgomery, German, Severino and Garcia battling for the 3-5 spots.

Rumors of Walker to Yanks still in play. Also rumors of trade to acquire Castillo for Andujar, Frazier and one or two of the young starters (maybe Schmidt).

Rumors of Walker to Yanks still in play. Also rumors of trade to acquire Castillo for Andujar, Frazier and one or two of the young starters (maybe Schmidt).
The rumors of Walker are a joke coming from Walker himself as a joke. He is friends with Hicks and is just having Twitter fun.

Reactions: biker7766
Castillo would be a great addition and under team control which allows to add a very solid starter without going over the cap...Frazier would be the toughest player to give up but...getting a SP like this under control would be worth it...
Maybe it gets my Met's to make a consideration of JD Davis and others for a guy like this. lol

I think Frazier is going to have a great career, he has talent.
Decent player but not exactly above Avg in any single particular area.
Average fielder, .260-.270 hitter 20-25 HR doesn’t steal much and Bb/K ratio pretty bad for not being a power hitter.
though, I do admit, I would like to see 500 AB’s in a season to see if playing consistent and knowing he is in the lineup each day helps him.
I could see a “Conforo” ceiling but has a long way to go.. But would trade in a second for a proven SP

In 2020 Sanchez hit .147 in 156 at bats with 23 hits, 10 hrs & 24 rbi's, striking out 64 times. He just got a $1.35 million raise from $5 mil up to $6.5 mil. Not bad work if you can get it. And oh yeah, he's a shoemaker behind the plate.

An illustration of just one of the many things wrong with the modern game.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
I had no idea he hit .147, yeesh, that's Joe Shlabotnik's numbers.

Does anyone know what the minimum tender would have been to avoid free agency and get him into arbitration. Hard to believe he would have gotten much of a raise after last season.

What’s worse is there’s not a pitcher on the team that wants him to catch them.
Do you think in your Father's day he would ever have seen the back of a plate? Would have had to buy a ticket to get into the ball park.

Do you think in your Father's day he would ever have seen the back of a plate? Would have had to buy a ticket to get into the ball park.
I can only relate to my day, but if you’re asking me if Catfish, Guidry, Righetti or Goose would let him catch them, the answer is no.

Last edited:
Reactions: NickKnight 1
He wouldn't have been able to catch on any of the good semi pro teams I played on in my day. Those guys were good receivers.

Saw an SNY article about the Yankees being frontrunners for Jameson Tallion from PIttsburgh. He's a good pitcher but I think it's a risk if he can thrive in NY or not. Could solve our starting pitching problems and keep us under the cap though. .

Saw an SNY article about the Yankees being frontrunners for Jameson Tallion from PIttsburgh. He's a good pitcher but I think it's a risk if he can thrive in NY or not. Could solve our starting pitching problems and keep us under the cap though. .
I've seen that in a few places as well. However this off season reports of where players are going have been awful. NY Post is all in that this trade will happen.

If they get to the Series at anytime during the next 4 years,they'll win it-unless they play the Cardinals.They are 20-1 vs non-Cardinal opponents in the Series whenever a Democrat is President.

141481260_3612040185576342_8778629366271131791_o.jpg

They only kicked in a little under a million to get this done. Now they have close to 12 million on the books to play with. Lefty bat is a must. Maybe a reliever.

Reactions: MitchLL
They only kicked in a little under a million to get this done. Now they have close to 12 million on the books to play with. Lefty bat is a must. Maybe a reliever.

Rumor is that they are talking to Gardner about bringing him back for some of that salary. Personally, hope they go in a different direction.

Several on here refused to believe that the Yankees were serious about the staying under the payroll tax. Yesterday's giveaway of Adam Ottavino to the Red Sox clears up that issue loud and clear. Simply a salary dump to make more room under the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT