ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Need upgrade at catcher, shortstop, and left field.
And a #1 starter.
I should know better than to argue with a Yankees fan, but Gerritt Cole isn't a #1 starter? He was hurt in September, remember. Who better do you think you're going to get?

I should know better than to argue with a Yankees fan, but Gerritt Cole isn't a #1 starter? He was hurt in September, remember. Who better do you think you're going to get?
It’s tongue and cheek. I’m pissed too.

Need new catcher. Resign rizzo. Get a CF who hits above .199.

It’s tongue and cheek. I’m pissed too.

Need new catcher. Resign rizzo. Get a CF who hits above .199.
I never know when Yankee fans are tongue in cheek -- as you know, some believe that the Yankees have a divine right to be champions. I do agree that the Yankees have some real holes to fill.

There will be few changes. They will stay below the tax cap. It’s Hal’s and the family’s business, and it’s doing well financially. Cashman is their boy and goes nowhere. They’re far behind the Red Sox as a baseball org. Boston will be competing for, and can win, it’s fifth - fifth! - World Series title since the Yankees’ grand choke in 2004. Under multiple different front offices. Yanks 1 in 21 years, and they’ll need a major reorg for next season. Yet little will change as Yankee fans will keep paying big bucks as they always do, even after last night’s absolute embarrassment and dysfunction.

I should know better than to argue with a Yankees fan, but Gerritt Cole isn't a #1 starter?
While Cole may be a #1 starter, I do question if he will ever be a #1 starter on a WS winning team. On a good note for the followers of this thread, the Yankees are one of the few teams that have the resources to possibly provide him with the support to win one.

Simple stuff:

Cashman = GONE
Boone = GONE
Analytics = F'ING GONE
Sanchez = GONE
Voit = GONE
Gallo = GONE
Gardner = Retired

Keep Rizzo, move Torres back to 2nd. DJ to 1st.

Need = SS, CF, and C

I'll post about pitchers later.

While Cole may be a #1 starter, I do question if he will ever be a #1 starter on a WS winning team. On a good note for the followers of this thread, the Yankees are one of the few teams that have the resources to possibly provide him with the support to win one.
Not sure about Cole yet. He needs an offseason to learn to pitch without spider-tact or whatever he was using. Not an easy change to make on the fly.

Where is Rizzo playing if DJ is at 1B? DH? You're going to play Stanton in the OF all year? Cutting Hicks and that big money as well or he goes to CF?

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Where is Rizzo playing if DJ is at 1B? DH? You're going to play Stanton in the OF all year? Cutting Hicks and that big money as well or he goes to CF?
Forgot to mention:

Hicks = GONE

Stanton has proven to be fine in the OF. Urshela, DJ, and Rizzo can cover 3b, 1b, and DH. Also remember, the Yankees always have injuries now, so everything would work out fine.

There will be few changes. They will stay below the tax cap. It’s Hal’s and the family’s business, and it’s doing well financially. Cashman is their boy and goes nowhere. They’re far behind the Red Sox as a baseball org. Boston will be competing for, and can win, it’s fifth - fifth! - World Series title since the Yankees’ grand choke in 2004. Under multiple different front offices. Yanks 1 in 21 years, and they’ll need a major reorg for next season. Yet little will change as Yankee fans will keep paying big bucks as they always do, even after last night’s absolute embarrassment and dysfunction.
2004 ruined baseball forever. The Curse was such a interesting side story for MLB and the Yanks blew that series in the most epic way possible.

Not sure about Cole yet. He needs an offseason to learn to pitch without spider-tact or whatever he was using. Not an easy change to make on the fly.
He pitched very well without it this season. His problems began with a leg issue and because they got off to a terrible start and they couldn't rest him down the stretch.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Yeah...I should know enough not to post so soon after a horrible loss.
With Cole, Severino, Taillon, Montgomery, German, Cortez, Gil, and maybe King, Kluber, or Schmidt the Yankees have other positions much more in need of upgrades.

Reactions: retired711
With Cole, Severino, Taillon, Montgomery, German, Cortez, Gil, and maybe King, Kluber, or Schmidt the Yankees have other positions much more in need of upgrades.
The pitching isn't the problem. Figure out the offense.

Get rid of Kluber. Why bother spending any money on an injury risk? We already have enough on this team.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
need pitching and ball players, we've got two and one is practically a senior citizen! I'd literally start over, all new rotation, go back to quality mid relief arms, stop worrying about power and get hitters who can actually run the bases, field and have baseball sense on the field

I"d also outlaw the shift. That $hit was created for the same reason it was brought back and died in the 40s as baseball self corrected.

need pitching and ball players, we've got two and one is practically a senior citizen! I'd literally start over, all new rotation, go back to quality mid relief arms, stop worrying about power and get hitters who can actually run the bases, field and have baseball sense on the field

I"d also outlaw the shift. That $hit was created for the same reason it was brought back and died in the 40s as baseball self corrected.
No reason to ban the shift. Players should be able to hit the other way. Those that do never get the shift. One demential playerd don't belong in the Major Leagues. They are supposed to be the best players in the world. Sybermetrics has turned MLB into a softball beer league.

Amazing stat just heard on MLB network. In defense of Nevin sending Judge home they said that Gallo wasn't even close to a good chance to get him in on a sac fly. Joey Gallow has just 2 sac flies in his CAREER!! 👀 He had a teammate on Texas that had two in one inning this year.

Simple stuff:

Cashman = GONE
Boone = GONE
Analytics = F'ING GONE
Sanchez = GONE
Voit = GONE
Gallo = GONE
Gardner = Retired

Need = SS, CF, and C

if you are keeping Rizzo why would DJ move to first?

Amazing stat just heard on MLB network. In defense of Nevin sending Judge home they said that Gallo wasn't even close to a good chance to get him in on a sac fly. Joey Gallow has just 2 sac flies in his CAREER!! 👀 He had a teammate on Texas that had two in one inning this year.
2 sac flies in a career seems impossible for a guy that hits a lot of fly balls.

2 sac flies in a career seems impossible for a guy that hits a lot of fly balls.
It's an eyebrow-raising stat for sure, but it's sort of meaningless without knowing the number of plate appearances Gallo has had with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Have to assume it's a lot more than two, but who knows?

It's an eyebrow-raising stat for sure, but it's sort of meaningless without knowing the number of plate appearances Gallo has had with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 outs. Have to assume it's a lot more than two, but who knows?
127 PA for on 3rd, <2out.

That's a decent list of pitchers, but a group that will win a WS.

It’s impossible Class, as an eighth hitter in 1983, I led the entire National League in intentional walks with 19.
Prett much all with a man on third and less than Two out.
That doesn’t include the times I didn’t get walked

Simple stuff:

Cashman = GONE
ENTIRE COACHING STAFF= GONE
Analytics = F'ING GONE
Sanchez = GONE
Voit = GONE
Gallo = GONE
Gardner = Retired

Need = SS, CF, and C

Fixed it.

Seriously though of Batting Coach Marcus Thames is brought back, along with whatever idiot coached 3rd this season, we will know within 100% certainty ownership no longer cares.

Hal is clearly just cashing the checks at this point. Yanks aren't going anywhere until they get an actual GM.

Reactions: RUSeaGirtMA
Hal is clearly just cashing the checks at this point. Yanks aren't going anywhere until they get an actual GM.
You can't say that Cashman is not a good GM. However, you can see that he's not the right GM for this team at this point. He's done more good than bad overall and if he gets a fresh start somewhere else, will probably do very well.

You can't say that Cashman is not a good GM. However, you can see that he's not the right GM for this team at this point. He's done more good than bad overall and if he gets a fresh start somewhere else, will probably do very well.
Good GM. Royally sucks as a wannabe manager with his stupid analytics.

Reactions: Rhuarc
No Cashman started as a good GM and has turned into a horrible GM. Good? On the 2021 team what was a good pick up? I can give 5* worse pickups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT