ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Cashman started as a good GM and has turned into a horrible GM. Good? On the 2021 team what was a good pick up? I can give 5* worse pickups.
Positives:

Clay Holmes - 1.61 ERA for Yanks
Wandy Peralta - 2.95 ERA for Yanks

Middle of the Road:

Anthony Rizzo .249 average, 8 HR's for Yanks

Negatives:

Joey Gallo - .160 BA, 13 HR's and 88 K's for Yanks

That doesn't exactly scream horrible to me. It screams, my time has run out here, maybe it's time for a fresh perspective and new blood for the Yankees.

You do realize that if Cashman leaves say next year at the end of his contract, 75 percent of the teams in MLB would immediately try to hire him, right? There's also the problem of who exactly are the Yanks going to hire as his replacement when needed. It's a 50/50 shot you get someone good, it's less than that to hire someone spectacular.

Positives:

Middle of the Road:

Negatives:

That doesn't exactly scream horrible to me. It screams, my time has run out here, maybe it's time for a fresh perspective and new blood for the Yankees.

You do realize that if Cashman leaves say next year at the end of his contract, 75 percent of the teams in MLB would immediately try to hire him, right? There's also the problem of who exactly are the Yanks going to hire as his replacement when needed. It's a 50/50 shot you get someone good, it's less than that to hire someone spectacular.
First I will respond to your last statement. Cashman is considered a joke in that circle. Big pockets zero results. Nobody will hire him because he had a big payroll then most of the rest and Houston, Tampa and ****ing Boston has passed the Yankees.
Just Gallo is your only problem?? How about Sanchez?? How about Voit?! How about Bruce? How about Stanton? How about Torres? How about Kluber? I can fill this thread on Cashman failures. Remember who started on this team in April? Jay Bruce! Give me the 10 best Cashman moves this year. The guy is a sybermetrics clown and sucks as GM

Reactions: NickKnight 1
First I will respond to your last statement. Cashman is considered a joke in that circle. Big pockets zero results. Nobody will hire him because he had a big payroll then most of the rest and Houston, Tampa and ****ing Boston has passed the Yankees.
Just Gallo is your only problem?? How about Sanchez?? How about Voit?! How about Bruce? How about Stanton? How about Torres? How about Kluber? I can fill this thread on Cashman failures. Remember who started on this team in April? Jay Bruce! Give me the 10 best Cashman moves this year. The guy is a sybermetrics clown and sucks as GM
I was responding about the 2021 pickups, not everything that happened in the past. Stanton didn't have a bad year. Yes, a lot of that list underachieved.

At what point do you need to pass some blame onto the players? I have said this before, I have no problem with canning him but you better have a better plan in place. You never mention what that should be.

Reactions: rubaseball78
I was responding about the 2021 pickups, not everything that happened in the past. Stanton didn't have a bad year. Yes, a lot of that list underachieved.

At what point do you need to pass some blame onto the players? I have said this before, I have no problem with canning him but you better have a better plan in place. You never mention what that should be.
Ok 2021 pickups were.
DJ, Gardner, Kluber, Wilson, O'Day, Taillion, Bruce, Warren, Peralta, Rizzo and Gallo. The first 3 plus Rizzo no problem with but most underperformed. The rest terrible. Jay Bruce and Joey Gallo are poster child of all that is wrong with Cashman. Huge flaws, big strikeouts and he desires that type player simply because they hit an occasional big homer.
I would normally blame the players but the organization is teaching every player to swing for the fences and forget about consistent contact. Why would you ever want to change DJ's swing? Gio's swing? This organization thinks they can win playoff games just by hitting home runs. How has that worked out for the last few years?

Ledger has an article online that is subscriber only that recommends Theo Epstein as the heir apparent for Cashman., However, he takes over after Cashman's contract runs out after next season. What do you think of that?

Ledger has an article online that is subscriber only that recommends Theo Epstein as the heir apparent for Cashman., However, he takes over after Cashman's contract runs out after next season. What do you think of that?
My immediate reaction is that it would be a terrible idea to have a lame duck for a year. Nothing will happen for that year to fix what's wrong with the Mets.

You in the know on this because you're hanging out with the MLB owners?
Don't be lazy. Do your own research before you respond with a stupid comment. Try MLB Network earlier this week. Tampa, joins Houston and Red Sox in being better at improvement year by year then the big spending Yankees.

My immediate reaction is that it would be a terrible idea to have a lame duck for a year. Nothing will happen for that year to fix what's wrong with the Mets.
Mets? Wrong thread.
Anyway Cashman is a lame duck GM and sounds like Boone is just getting a year extension.

Don't be lazy. Do your own research before you respond with a stupid comment. Try MLB Network earlier this week. Tampa, joins Houston and Red Sox in being better at improvement year by year then the big spending Yankees.
I believe he was referring to “your” statement that “he is considered a joke in those circles”. That would imply you know this first hand.
I’m curious as well, how are you aware he is considered a joke “in those circles”

Try fvcking reading next time before you make a stupid non sequitur response that makes no sense (not to worry, I realize you're slow so I'll give you a few minutes to google what non sequitur means).

So lets try this again ........you made a definitive statement that "Cashman is a joke in those circles" and "no one will hire him". Lets hear your sources. We'll wait.

Try fvcking reading next time before you make a stupid non sequitur response that makes no sense (not to worry, I realize you're slow so I'll give you a few minutes to google what non sequitur means).

So lets try this again ........you made a definitive statement that "Cashman is a joke in those circles" and "no one will hire him". Lets hear your sources. We'll wait.
Keep waiting. Can't you read. I gave you the source. What a complete lazy jackass.

2 sac flies in a career seems impossible for a guy that hits a lot of fly balls.
Go figure, for the life of me, I can't make sence
of it. Maybe when he has a man in scoring position, he gets nervous and strikes out?

I think when the Yanks decided to stop spending over the limit is when Cashman started to go down hill even faster. I don't believe there is a team
out there that will give him the spending money he use to get from the Yankees.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Yeah, I got my threads mixed up. But the point is the same: it would be a terrible mistake. No team should have a lame duck running it.
Looks like the Yankees are at GM and Manager unless Cashman talks Steinbrenner into an extra year for him and 2 for Boone.

I think when the Yanks decided to stop spending over the limit is when Cashman started to go down hill even faster. I don't believe there is a team
out there that will give him the spending money he use to get from the Yankees.
I think there was a bigger point. The last year of Giradi managing. He hung Joe out to dry on the replay fiasco in the playoffs. Yet it was Cashman's team the told Joe not to challenge. Admitted by Cashman months later. He wanted to get rid of Giradi as manager as Joe never was a 1000% sybermetrics guy.

Keep waiting. Can't you read. I gave you the source. What a complete lazy jackass.
Hahaha his definitive resource is that he read it somewhere. Priceless

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Positives:

Middle of the Road:

Negatives:

Who cares if others hire Cashman?
His scouting group hasnt developed players since 2016.
No stud starting pitching developed?
Where is the Wanda Franco?
Why do they have no speed, have all righty hitters until the trade deadline that are all the same type and are easy to pitch to?
Why do they strike out so much?
WHy is there no youth on the team?
Why did they have to desperately sign broken down piitchers?
Why did their star hitters regress the last few years/
Why didnt they realize Torres could not play short?
With a huge budget why did they waste so much $?

Pathetic Cashman. Im done with them.
Some of you tolerate this garbage mgmt

LOL....is there ever an exchange on this board where you don't resort to derogatory put downs? Is it lack of self control or perhaps you have some kind of anger issues?

Back to the point as it appears you are either not able to follow a logical progression or purposely obfuscating because you've been called out .

Your posting implies that you are claiming that MLB network specifically said that "Cashman is a joke....." and that "no one will hire him"? How 'bout you prove it with a link or reference to the exact comments?

Reactions: RUfinally2008
Could be wrong but reading the tea leaves seems like they'll keep Boone with a whole new staff and Cashman definitely staying on as well.

Thames (hitting)) and Nevin (3rd base) - arguably two of the worst coaches in baseball - will be shown the door. Thank God!

Unfortunately it appears that Hal wants to keep Boone.

Cardinal's fire Mike Schildt. Wow.
Yes, it's amazing to fire a manager whose team went on a 17-game winning streak at the most important time of the year. The cbssports piece I saw said there were "philosophical differences," whatever that means. I've always considered the Cardinals a very well-run organization; they are not afraid to trade players who have excelled if the team thinks they are on the downswing. They are totally unlike the Phillies, who stayed with their core much too long. Branch Rickey once said that it's better to trade a player one year too early than one year too late; the Cardinals exemplify that philosophy.

Yes, it's amazing to fire a manager whose team went on a 17-game winning streak at the most important time of the year. The cbssports piece I saw said there were "philosophical differences," whatever that means. I've always considered the Cardinals a very well-run organization; they are not afraid to trade players who have excelled if the team thinks they are on the downswing. They are totally unlike the Phillies, who stayed with their core much too long. Branch Rickey once said that it's better to trade a player one year too early than one year too late; the Cardinals exemplify that philosophy.
I would give anything to see a Yankees/Cardinals or Yankees/Giants World Series in my lifetime.

Reactions: WhiteBus
I would give anything to see a Yankees/Cardinals or Yankees/Giants World Series in my lifetime.
Good luck to you! Being as old as I am, I have been able to see both: in 1962 between the Yankees and the Giants, and in 1964 between the Yankees and the Cardinals.

Good luck to you! Being as old as I am, I have been able to see both: in 1962 between the Yankees and the Giants, and in 1964 between the Yankees and the Cardinals.
I missed by 3 and 5 years! Well…likely wouldn’t have remembered either lol!

I missed by 3 and 5 years! Well…likely wouldn’t have remembered either lol!
I know how you feel. I was five years old when Don Larsen pitched his perfect game in the 1956 World Series, but I was not aware of it at the time. For that matter, I was not quite three months old when Bobby Thomson hit the shot heard 'round the world.

I'm curious for the posters who are very quick to just say tear it down and rebuild with new GM, Manager, get rid of any number of 10 or so I have seen some of you mention, etc...
What would be your realistic plan on this rebuild? Keeping in mind, the Yankees would never accept a couple of years at the bottom to rebuild. You need to still make the playoffs next year- deal within your contracts, and make all these moves you want Hal to make from top to bottom. Who do you keep, extend, QO, trade or just release. Who and how are you replacing them?

Would love to hear some realistic views that make sense instead of gone gone gone gone

I don't know your team and the contracts or farm system well enough to give my view but really would love to hear some well thought out moves if it were your team. Thanks

Reactions: retired711
I know how you feel. I was five years old when Don Larsen pitched his perfect game in the 1956 World Series, but I was not aware of it at the time. For that matter, I was not quite three months old when Bobby Thomson hit the shot heard 'round the world.
Dad was at Larsen's perfect game. IIRC he was a sophomore at Rutgers College at the time!

Reactions: retired711
I'm curious for the posters who are very quick to just say tear it down and rebuild with new GM, Manager, get rid of any number of 10 or so I have seen some of you mention, etc...
What would be your realistic plan on this rebuild? Keeping in mind, the Yankees would never accept a couple of years at the bottom to rebuild. You need to still make the playoffs next year- deal within your contracts, and make all these moves you want Hal to make from top to bottom. Who do you keep, extend, QO, trade or just release. Who and how are you replacing them?

Would love to hear some realistic views that make sense instead of gone gone gone gone

I don't know your team and the contracts or farm system well enough to give my view but really would love to hear some well thought out moves if it were your team. Thanks
I'd take the guy St Louis just fired (Schildt??) and replace Boone in a heartbeat. Boone's "everything will be okay" attitude, IMHO, just sucks. Cashman and the stupid analytics - WITH THIS ROSTER - make zero sense whatsoever. Change needs to be made one way or the other: either change the roster or ditch the analytics (IMHO).

They don't have a cohesive plan, they just react on pure impulse. i constantly ask who will be the new Cashman and get crickets each time.. So good luck.

They don't have a cohesive plan, they just react on pure impulse. i constantly ask who will be the new Cashman and get crickets each time.. So good luck.
Thanks to you, I now know what the expression "get crickets" means. Thanks for enhancing an old man's vocabulary!

i constantly ask who will be the new Cashman and get crickets each time.
Me not out recruiting from MLB front offices doesn't have any impact on Cashman not deserving to be resigned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT