ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't have a cohesive plan, they just react on pure impulse. i constantly ask who will be the new Cashman and get crickets each time.. So good luck.
Get the guys from Tampa, Red Sox, SF. The best thing about front office people is they don't count against the cap. The Yankees have destroyed player development.

Get the guys from Tampa, Red Sox, SF. The best thing about front office people is they don't count against the cap. The Yankees have destroyed player development.
Now that's an answer I can get behind. The question is, which one is the next big thing. That's what we need. The last thing we need is to get someone who'll crack under the pressure of NY.

Now that's an answer I can get behind. The question is, which one is the next big thing. That's what we need. The last thing we need is to get someone who'll crack under the pressure of NY.
All of them are not being paid like Cashman. You can't get behind the Tampa team group?? They are one of the cheapest salary teams, yet they are there every year. If Hal wants to stay under the cap those are the people that are getting it done.

You are getting all the guys from Tampa, Boston and SF. Now that is the well thought out plan I was looking for. Never disappointed

First I will respond to your last statement. Cashman is considered a joke in that circle. Big pockets zero results. Nobody will hire him because he had a big payroll then most of the rest and Houston, Tampa and ****ing Boston has passed the Yankees.
Just Gallo is your only problem?? How about Sanchez?? How about Voit?! How about Bruce? How about Stanton? How about Torres? How about Kluber? I can fill this thread on Cashman failures. Remember who started on this team in April? Jay Bruce! Give me the 10 best Cashman moves this year. The guy is a sybermetrics clown and sucks as GM

Every GM in baseball is a sabermetrics guy at this point.
So you wanted to get rid of Voit after 22 HRs in 60 games?
The Yankees made the WC because of how good Stanton was.
Torres' issues at SS carried over to the plate, probably shouldn't play there ever again.

Who cares if others hire Cashman?
His scouting group hasnt developed players since 2016. JUDGE
No stud starting pitching developed? SEVERINO
Where is the Wanda Franco? Playing 2nd
Why do they have no speed, have all righty hitters until the trade deadline that are all the same type and are easy to pitch to?
Why do they strike out so much? Everyone strikes out a lot now. TB had more and they were the best team in the AL
WHy is there no youth on the team? They're not an old team. Torres is still young
Why did they have to desperately sign broken down piitchers? Broken down pitchers are cheap
Why did their star hitters regress the last few years/
Why didnt they realize Torres could not play short? It's a mental thing, not an ability thing
With a huge budget why did they waste so much $? Cole stinks without the sticky stuff

Pathetic Cashman. Im done with them.
Some of you tolerate this garbage mgmt
Answered some of your questions.

You complained about Cashman and sabermetrics, you do realize that Tampa, Boston and SF are heavily invested in saber, right?

You complained about Cashman and sabermetrics, you do realize that Tampa, Boston and SF are heavily invested in saber, right?
You do know that each teams use different values right?? Are Tampa, Sox etc full of home run or just strike out players? Those teams actually developed players. Their philosophy of how to use sybermetrics is drastically different then Cashman's. And Stanton had a good 2nd half of season in his 4 years with the Yankees and you are all excited about it. God.

All of them are not being paid like Cashman. You can't get behind the Tampa team group?? They are one of the cheapest salary teams, yet they are there every year. If Hal wants to stay under the cap those are the people that are getting it done.
I clearly said that I could get behind a Tampa Bay person.

You do know that each teams use different values right?? Are Tampa, Sox etc full of home run or just strike out players? Those teams actually developed players. Their philosophy of how to use sybermetrics is drastically different then Cashman's. And Stanton had a good 2nd half of season in his 4 years with the Yankees and you are all excited about it. God.
Stanton was good in his first year in NY, hurt his 2nd and 3rd and good in his 4th.
Tampa had more Ks than the Yankees this year so yeah they strike out a lot, they had the same number of HRs. Tampa led the league in Ks last year, too. They don't care about Ks.

Stanton was good in his first year in NY, hurt his 2nd and 3rd and good in his 4th.
Tampa had more Ks than the Yankees this year so yeah they strike out a lot, they had the same number of HRs. Tampa led the league in Ks last year, too. They don't care about Ks.
Team batting averages. Top 3 in all of baseball. Houston, Toronto, Boston. #23 the NY Yankees even behind the Mets. Contact teams.
Strikeout %
#1 Houston 19.6%
#2 Toronto 20.1%
#25 NY Yankees 24.5%

Last edited:
Team batting averages. Top 3 in all of baseball. Houston, Toronto, Boston. #23 the NY Yankees even behind the Mets. Contact teams.
Strikeout %
#1 Houston 19.6%
#2 Toronto 20.1%
#25 NY Yankees 24.5%
Tampa Bay #28
Milwaukee #24
Atlanta #23
San Francisco #22
LA Dodgers #17

Tampa Bay #28
Milwaukee #24
Atlanta #23
San Francisco #22
LA Dodgers #17
So you have one on that list worse then the Yankees and they didn't survive the playoffs either and spent $67 million vs the Yankees $231 million. Who is considered the better organization??

Didn't San Francisco win more games this season than any other team ?
Weren't the Dodgers next ?
Didn't Atlanta win the NL East ?
Tampa had the most wins in the American League ?
Strikeout % didn't seem to slow those teams down much.

Didn't San Francisco win more games this season than any other team ?
Weren't the Dodgers next ?
Didn't Atlanta win the NL East ?
Tampa had the most wins in the American League ?
Strikeout % didn't seem to slow those teams down much.
This is why I don't enjoy baseball as much as I once did. It's either home run or strike out. The upper-cut swing we see so much is all or nothing. I was elated last night when the Braves got the winning run into scoring position with a steal, and I was similarly happy several nights ago when the Red Sox actually had a batter lay down a sacrifice bunt to move a runner to second. But those are throwbacks; they're not the way the game is played these days.

Reactions: RW90
I watched some of the NL game last night and when Freddie Freeman stepped up to the plate the announcer said that he had struck out the previous SEVEN at bats. I don't watch much baseball in the league where pitchers bat, but isn't he a perennial all-star and one of the best hitters in the game ?
Maybe the pitching has gotten better.

Last edited:
I watched some of the NL game last night and when Freddie Freeman stepped up to the plate the announcer saaid that he had struck out the previous SEVEN at bats. I don't watch much baseball in the league where pitchers bat, but isn't he a perennial all-star and one of the best hitters in the game ?
Maybe the pitching has gotten better.
Unlike you, I watch more National League than American League baseball. That's because I'm in the Philadelphia viewing area. FWIW, I'm not fond of the DH rule, but reasonable minds can differ. Each approach has both pros and cons.

Pitching appears better because an upper-cut swing is, as I said, all or nothing, so pitchers get more strikeouts than they used to. This is also why batting averages are down across baseball. A batter with an upper-cut swing has less probability of getting a hit than a conventional batter, even though the batter with an upper-cut swing is more likely to hit a home run.

Reactions: Tango Two
It''s always good to have a succession plan as you get older. Glad he finally accepted it.

Unlike you, I watch more National League than American League baseball. That's because I'm in the Philadelphia viewing area. FWIW, I'm not fond of the DH rule, but reasonable minds can differ. Each approach has both pros and cons.

Pitching appears better because an upper-cut swing is, as I said, all or nothing, so pitchers get more strikeouts than they used to. This is also why batting averages are down across baseball. A batter with an upper-cut swing has less probability of getting a hit than a conventional batter, even though the batter with an upper-cut swing is more likely to hit a home run.
Pitching is also better. How many relievers now throw in the upper 90s compared to 20 or 30 years ago?

Reactions: Kbee3
Nah. Just not as obsessed with winning as his father was.
Obbessed? He could care less about winning it all as long as the $ keep rolling in. However, not getting home playoff games impacted his wallet so another year of that may make him consider a change.
He and his sisters are nothing like their father. Both good and bad. The bad for Yankees fans is they don't really care about championships or baseball for that matter. They have no passion for it. It's just a business. A majority of sports owners are like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RUSeaGirtMA
He's got a .601 record as a manager. Fans would be singing his praises anywhere but in Yankeeland, where fans think they have a divine right to win every year.
I've said it here before, Casey Stengel couldn't win with the 2021 roster.

No cliche ‘divine right’ - rather, Yankees fans expect excellence, and rightfully so. That will never change.

They focus on winning championships. So while it’s nice that Boone’s .601 winning percentage over four years is the 10th best in MLB history, that hasn’t translated into championships.

Comments above about Hal in it for the business and lacking passion are also spot on.

I'm curious for all the new launch angle guys- why is it that the greatest HR hitters in the history of baseball all say to swing down for power and yet, these new guys with the uppercuts are not matching what many of the greats did?

I'm surprised I'm apparently the first to post this about the Yankees deciding not to renew some of their coaches, including third base coach Phil Nevin. It is speculated this means that Boone is going to return. https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...-come-back-from-their-nlcs-deficit-vs-braves/
I thought it was posted already
He's got a .601 record as a manager. Fans would be singing his praises anywhere but in Yankeeland, where fans think they have a divine right to win every year.
I've been very consistent over the last few years. Boone isn't the problem. He does what he is told to do.

I don't understand why all the Yankees fans keep saying "Hal's not focused on winning" like it's a bad thing.
In every "Mike Trout staying with the Angels" thread, Trout's "loyalty" is lauded instead of "chasing championships".

Hal is clearly loyal to Boone and all he's done for the Yankees.
What's the problem?

I don't understand why all the Yankees fans keep saying "Hal's not focused on winning" like it's a bad thing.
In every "Mike Trout staying with the Angels" thread, Trout's "loyalty" is lauded instead of "chasing championships".

What's the problem?
"all he's done for the Yankees" ?????
I'm a life-long Yankees fan who admittedly has tired of Boone's act. What exactly had he done for the Yankees ?
Who was the last Yankees manager that didn't bring home a World Series championship during his time as the leader of the Bronx Bombers ? We needed new leadership

Reactions: MitchLL

What's the problem?
Sarcasm or stupidity??

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT