ADVERTISEMENT

OT: New York Yankees 2021-2022 Off Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have a problem with midgets? Btw- honest truth- when responding to your dumb posts, I just assume it was in the Met’s thread. You do tend to flame more on there than post on the Yankee thread.
So, my apologies to making my post in the Yankee’s thread…
BTW. Go count my posts in the current Mets thread.

Back to Yankees baseball and away from the shit Queens team clowns. Frazier, Odor and Wade cut off the 40 man roster. Designated for assignment. Someone will pluck Frazier off the Rule 5. The other 2??

Reactions: T2Kplus20
Back to Yankees baseball and away from the shit Queens team clowns. Frazier, Odor and Wade cut off the 40 man roster. Designated for assignment. Someone will pluck Frazier off the Rule 5. The other 2??
Frazier is the type of guy that will have a nice 12-15 year career outside of NY

Frazier is the type of guy that will have a nice 12-15 year career outside of NY
I agree but I think the health issues is going to severely limit his production and career length. Too bad as his potential was very high when he got to NY.

The Yankees gave him plenty of chances. They pretty much handed him the left field job at the start of the season.
Just one less under .200 hitter now that they cut him.
Time to get rid of Sanchez and Hicks.

Need upgrade at catcher, shortstop, and left field.
And a #1 starter.
We have a number one starter we need a legit 2 or 3 starter plus a legit shortstop and first baseman.

At some point you just have to move on from players that don't live up to their potential. Let them try to flourish somewhere else. Sanchez is the next to move on from, as long as we get a decent replacement catcher.

BOB KLAPISCH of NJ.com had a long article
in todays Star Ledger. Clint Fraizier has been
given his out right reasons by the Yanks.

All the "experts" keep saying that Sanchez will remain with theYankees because there aren't any better options out there right now.
First off all he isn't a catcher.
2nd he will cost too much.
Can find plenty of .200 hitting catchers who could actually catch.
Bring back Austin Romine. He is a free agent.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
First off all he isn't a catcher.
2nd he will cost too much.
Can find plenty of .200 hitting catchers who could actually catch.
Bring back Austin Romine. He is a free agent.
First off...I'm in favor of shipping Sanchez out of town. I just said that in all of the articles I've read lately concerning changes that the Yankees may make this offseason they all claim that he's staying at least for 2022.
That the possible replacements weren't any better than Gary.
I wasn't too happy about the news either.

First off...I'm in favor of shipping Sanchez out of town. I just said that in all of the articles I've read lately concerning changes that the Yankees may make this offseason they all claim that he's staying at least for 2022.
That the possible replacements weren't any better than Gary.
I wasn't too happy about the news either.
Name a top 5 catcher free agent that isn't upgrade from Sanchez. The narrative that they can't find a better replacement is a bunch of crap

Reactions: NickKnight 1
On a day where the Mets landed one of the free agent stars of this all finally2008 wants to talk about is Yankees fan. Such a troll. BTW how many screen names has he had?? I'm guessing a dozen. Besides he isn't even a Rutgers fan.

Too funny. What a troll 2008 and actually fell for that!! 🤣 More concerned about Yankees fans. Hysterical.

On a day where the Mets landed one of the free agent stars of this all finally2008 wants to talk about is Yankees fan. Such a troll. BTW how many screen names has he had?? I'm guessing a dozen. Besides he isn't even a Rutgers fan.

Too funny. What a troll 2008 and actually fell for that!! 🤣 More concerned about Yankees fans. Hysterical.
Being a Yankee thread, would rather talk Yankee's here and really not a fan of 2008 when he does troll in here. But...Are you actually talking about his posts in the Met's thread in this thread? I was trying to find what he had said in here on the day we signed either Marte or Mad Max...

So the Yankees add no one and tender contracts to Voit and Sanchez. I thought they were going to make big improvements.

So the Yankees add no one and tender contracts to Voit and Sanchez. I thought they were going to make big improvements.
Dropping Sanchez and getting nothing in return
would be a great improvement.
Here is a guy who is on second base. the ball
is hit to short and walks right into the ball
in the short stops hand. Within a week he does
the same thing again. This guy is the same as
Fraizer, neither are major league players.

Dropping Sanchez and getting nothing in return
would be a great improvement.
Here is a guy who is on second base. the ball
is hit to short and walks right into the ball
in the short stops hand. Within a week he does
the same thing again. This guy is the same as
Fraizer, neither are major league players.
Actually, the play that did it for me was the one where he looked like he just was introduced to baseball. The one where the throw was there in plenty of time, but somehow the runner slid in safe at home...with Sanchez basically acting as if it was a force out.
Alas, it looks like the Yanks are gonna give him another year and wait for Austin Wells.

Actually, the play that did it for me was the one where he looked like he just was introduced to baseball. The one where the throw was there in plenty of time, but somehow the runner slid in safe at home...with Sanchez basically acting as if it was a force out.
Alas, it looks like the Yanks are gonna give him another year and wait for Austin Wells.
I'm hoping that the Sanchez and Voit moves are for trade bait to NL teams once the DH is confirmed in the new deal.

I'm hoping that the Sanchez and Voit moves are for trade bait to NL teams once the DH is confirmed in the new deal.
That is a great thought, Makes sense as a home for Gary. He can DH in the weaker league.
Won't Have to play defense, and we will be rid
of him. This is called killing 3 birds with one stone.

Reactions: Kbee3 and WhiteBus
Hey, watch your language. LOL

Reactions: Kbee3
Couple things from me...
1. MLB network just had a piece on that the NYY are really pushing for Freddie Freeman. They said he wants a six year deal around $180 M. Might be something to this, because to me, FF going back to the Braves seemed like a no brainer.

In regards to Sanchez, I had hoped they could dump him on the Marlins in a trade, but the Marlins traded for Stallings. Maybe the D-backs need a catcher, if you want to call him that.

As far as SS, with Seager gone, is Correa the target? I have a feeling the Mets are gonna make one more big splash and I think it will be Correa.

Couple things from me...
1. MLB network just had a piece on that the NYY are really pushing for Freddie Freeman. They said he wants a six year deal around $180 M. Might be something to this, because to me, FF going back to the Braves seemed like a no brainer.

In regards to Sanchez, I had hoped they could dump him on the Marlins in a trade, but the Marlins traded for Stallings. Maybe the D-backs need a catcher, if you want to call him that.

As far as SS, with Seager gone, is Correa the target? I have a feeling the Mets are gonna make one more big splash and I think it will be Correa.
Not sure Correa would be willing to play 2nd or 3rd. Plus, I believe you give up a pick for him and I do not believe the Met's want to do that.
Getting rid of Sanchez may be tough even if the NL goes to the DH. Unless a team feels like his bat will get back to 3 years ago if he doesnt have to worry about playing the field.
I would enjoy watching FF at Yankee stadium. He is one of the top players and what a top notch person as well. I just don't see him leaving Atl and is just driving his price up but would be huge for the Yanks if you could pull it off.

Couple things from me...

Guessing that they might be looking for a short term SS stop gap as they have 3 Top SS prospects. Also they had to tender a Qualifying offer to Sanchez until they secure his replacement. Might not come until after the lockout ends.

I think the lockout is directly impacting the Yankees offseason plans. Not knowing what the tax limit is or what penalties there are for exceeding it will be makes it hard when your owner is not willing to spend crazy like Daddy.
I can see the Freeman thing happening, but they still need another starting pitcher desperately.

I think the NYY might be active on the trade side more than the FA market.

But everything is now on hold for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT