ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFC East

I don't think Wentz is all that great. He's got a track record of being injury-prone, if I recall in college too, and Phillys offense has been noticeably worse since the departure of Frank Reich (who has Colts looking fantastic). Could be the rust as Wentz knee injury often takes a year to get fully back, but certainly not looking like Watson in Houston...

Agree. Play calling seems to have changed from last year to this.

Last year they were very aggressive. I think also last year the O Line was much better than this year.

Eagles have only themselves to blame. Even with all the injuries, the losses to Tampa, Tennessee and Carolina were inexcuseable. Plus the home loss to Dallas. Losing all four of those games put them where they are.

Wentz will be fine after an offseason to recover further. Giants fans should not get their hopes up.
Very true. A lot of what-ifs this year, but they still have a pulse.

Reactions: RM60
Not all that great? As a second year player, Wentz was favorite to win league MVP last year had he not been injured against the Rams in game 13.

You're right though about this year's Eagles...the reasons are plentiful including coaching losses.
Wentz really hasn't been great. Considering his weapons (Ertz, Jeffrey, Agular, Golden Tate, Jordan Matthews, etc) he really has no excuse.

You compare his weapons to throw to to say Dak's? Outside of Cooper and the RB every weapon Wentz has is better than what Dak is working with. Dak has no TE, his #2 receiver is Michael Gallup, Cole Beasely... meh. point being Dak Prescott (who the media loves to roast) has won more with less this year than Carson, and no I don't believe Dak is a great QB.

ACL's are a tough injury to come back from for a QB. Wentz hasn't been nearly as mobile this year and that's hurt him.

ADVERTISEMENT