ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Draft

This kid is tough but not very quick

Sounds like a good match for the 700lb Clemson DT they drafted. Obviously the Giants are trying to tip towards a retro aughties run stop defense. Guess they are more afraid of Zeke than Dak. Maybe they can lure Butch Wolfolk out of retirement

The way Arizona handled speculation on who their #1 pick would be and Rosen rumors , made sure other teams knew thay could wait and get AZ to commit to a deal like AZ gave them.
To add insult to injury, the Dolphins' originally were talking about giving their 2nd round pick when it was #48, but seeing how desperate they were to trade,the Dolphins set the Saints the 48th and 116th overall picks for the 62nd and 202nd picks this year, plus a 2020 second-round pick. Then traded that 62nd choice and a 2020 fifth rounder for Rosen.

Seems like the Card GM needs to learn not to show his hand and maybe come out with a better deal next time he needs to trade a player.
This trade was good for Miami, because Arizona handled drafting Murray so ineptly and in the process made it impossible for Josh to want to stay a Cardinal, making trading Rosen right away a must.
Thanks for your insight as to how that trade developed.

Div-2 Charleston player drafted before a RU player.

Temple has a few guys drafted too.

This didn't happen under Greg.

When I get a chance I'm going to track Rutgers guts in the NFL...by year, Drafted vs, free agent.

I get the feeling that teams don't think there's any reason to draft a rutgers player anymore. You can get then on the market.

The draft the past few years is an indictment on our talent level

I notice the RU DB draftees were all flagged for injuries. NFL page said Austin's injuries raised "beet red flags." You have to wonder what multiple seasons of offensive invisibility, and prolonged defensive beatdowns does to these guys (who can be a bit slight at college level). The secondary gets especially pounded with weak interior game

No Nebraska player drafted this year, first time since 1962. I'm somewhat surprised nobody took a flyer on Ozigbo who had a good year last year and is a hard runner. That'll change as Coach Frost is on the right track

Other draft streaks that ended include Purdue, Virginia Tech and Louisville.

I believe the top 2 teams were Bama with 11 players and OSU with 9 players drafted. Pretty much tells the story on why we see the same teams at the top every year. It all comes down to talent

Agreed. Only surprises on the list is Maryland seems to have a lot of talent but not the results. tOSU, Penn State and Michigan are the most talented teams in the B1G. Michigan State had a down year.

But the rest of the teams with 0-2 picks are where they are because of their relative lack of talent compared to their B1G brothers. Nebraska and Purdue will likely fix that.

Northwestern usually has 1-3 draft picks, yet they consistently put up decent seasons.

tOSU with 9
Penn State with 6
Michigan with 5
Iowa with 4
Wisconsin with 4
Maryland with 4

Rutgers with 2
Michigan State with 2

Illinois with 1
Indiana with 1
Minnesota with 1
Northwestern with 1

Nebraska with 0
Purdue with 0

I believe the top 2 teams were Bama with 11 players and OSU with 9 players drafted. Pretty much tells the story on why we see the same teams at the top every year. It all comes down to talent
Not that it's a big deal, but Alabama had "only" 10 drafted - not 11. Oklahoma followed OSU with 8 taken. Once again, it's all about talent

Last edited:
Watching the Raiders/Cards preseason game. Kyler Murray looks like crap, very small and a poor passer. Perhaps it's just a bad game, but he has bust written all over him.

Reactions: ashokan
Watching the Raiders/Cards preseason game. Kyler Murray looks like crap, very small and a poor passer. Perhaps it's just a bad game, but he has bust written all over him.

He looked like a little kid back there. When DL get in his space he cant see anything but shoes lol

Reactions: T2Kplus10
He looked like a little kid back there. When DL get in his space he cant see anything but shoes lol
Very true, not sure how this is going to work. I also think he received 3 offsides penalties for slapping his hands just before the snap.

Very true, not sure how this is going to work. I also think he received 3 offsides penalties for slapping his hands just before the snap.
Murray looked horrible. Jones for the Giants doesn't have zip on the ball but has great touch and can fit it into tight windows. He looks 100 times better than Murray. I mean he has a long way to go to justify the #6 pick but so far he's making me eat my words from draft day. I've been pleasantly surprised thus far.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Murray looked horrible. Jones for the Giants doesn't have zip on the ball but has great touch and can fit it into tight windows. He looks 100 times better than Murray. I mean he has a long way to go to justify the #6 pick but so far he's making me eat my words from draft day. I've been pleasantly surprised thus far.

I was distracted while watching the game. I glanced at TV and saw a Giant QB lose the ball to Bear who ran it downfield. I was like "Ah typical Eli flub. Then I saw it was Jones. Even Jones mistakes look like Eli

I was distracted while watching the game. I glanced at TV and saw a Giant QB lose the ball to Bear who ran it downfield. I was like "Ah typical Eli flub. Then I saw it was Jones. Even Jones mistakes look like Eli
O he definitely plays like an Eli clone, just with better touch. Scrambling and holding onto the ball in the pocket isn't a strong suit. Which I'm surprised at since he rushed for quite a bit at Duke. Hopefully he learns to hold onto the ball as he had two fumbles last night.

ADVERTISEMENT