ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Free Agency/Trades

newRU

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2006
Jonathan Casillas Pats, New Brunswick

Rumors that the Giants are after him, since he is a local NJ kid anyone know anything about him?

Re: Jonathan Casillas Pats, New Brunswick

Originally posted by newRU:
Rumors that the Giants are after him, since he is a local NJ kid anyone know anything about him?

he is the son of one of my former employees. didn't get an offer from RU so went to Wisconsin. from there he went to the Saints and won a Super Bowl ring in his first year in the pros. Just won his second with the Pats.

Thanks, and not too shabby, two rings is a career in and of itself. Maybe he is about to get some nice money as well. Be neat to have a local kid on the Giants.

Re: Jimmy Graham traded to Seahawks

Lots of movement.

Ngata to the Lions.

Bradford to the Eagles for Foles and picks.

Re: Jimmy Graham traded to Seahawks

Wow. I don't spend my time analyzing each team's cap situation, but I'm surprised the Seahawks have room for him. Maybe from the Percy Harvin move last year?

Too many blockbusters to process right now. But here are a few.

Jimmy Graham to SEA for Unger and picks
Ngata to DET
Sam Bradford to PHI for Foles
Gore to IND
Vereen to NYG

Rumored: Revis to NYJ

The only way this trade really made sense was if it was a part of a move up to get Mariota. Swap first rounders, cut Bradford, whatever. Unless the Titans are selling the farm for Bradford, nothing makes sense YET.

Since there are no first round picks in this deal and the Eagles are giving more picks this maybe the worst trade since Minnesota traded for Herschel Walker

I've been watching the top 10s on the NFL channel....all I keep thinking Is chip kelly is guaranteed to end up on one of them either as one of the greatest geniuses ever. Or more likely as a guy who should have never left college.

Chip Kelly is the best thing to happen to the Giants since Scott Norwood (courtesy of Twitter).

Originally posted by RUMcMahon:
Chip Kelly is the best thing to happen to the Giants since Scott Norwood (courtesy of Twitter).
Doesn't he have a 3-1 record against the Giants? Kelly has been pretty good his first 2 years in the league, so it will be interesting to see what happens this year with all these moves.

Kelly is a hell of a coach. 3 years ago the eagles had the pieces for a great offense. Now I'm not sure they'll have enough offense to win 5 games this year. No receiver, no rb, no qb. Maybe he's planning on 1 upping Belicheck and running an offense with 8 lineman on the field.

OT: Revis back to Jets...

Thoughts?

I have always felt that Revis was a tad overrated and it's a risky signing for a CB whose 30 years old.

However as a Jets fan, I love the aggressiveness.

Now if we can only get a QB....

I love the Brandon Marshall deal......

Re: OT: Revis back to Jets...

Agree with everything you said. Not a big Revis fan overall.

my sources tell me that he is 99% signed with the Giants....so more than rumors at this point. almost a done deal.

Met him last year and he was real nice with the kids.....that's all I got.

If you think he's overrated I guess every talent evaluator and the best football coaches in the world disagree with you. No single player has a bigger impact on the game than Revis.

He got his SB Ring...and now he's got his money. I guess one ring was enough.

not thrilled. Jets need to stop signing aging stars who are past their prime. Try building a fracking team for once.

I don't think Vereen should be considered a block buster, He was 2nd or 3rd best on his team last year.

Kelly has won 20 games in 2 years with Nick Foles and Mark Sanchez at QB. Whether he is a mad scientist or a bad personnel guy remains to be seen but the guy is a great coach.

I don't know how it is a bad move Bradford for Foles and 2nd round pick. Bradford is a former #1 pick and Kelly is a great qb coach and his offense can be a passing offense too. His D should be amazing there year and they are still a bunch under the cap. I'm willing to see how it goes.

Jets also picked up CB Buster Skrine from Cleveland who I like just because of his name. I looked at him and he seems to be a pretty good tackler...I guess he had to be in Cleveland. He's 5-9....I would like to see a 6'2 or 6'3 corner like Browner from NE but they sure don't grow on trees. Browner also holds a little bit.

I understand the Bradford move because:

A) Bradford is more mobile than Foles (he has something of Aaron Rodgers-type mobility)
B) Bradford's potential is higher than Foles' is or likely ever will be
C) This ties back to B in the fact that Kelly's offense relies on the SYSTEM, not the PLAYER; he is the star of that team, not any one guy. Therefore, he can plug any competent QB into his system and he has the utmost faith that said QB will succeed. Bradford is definitely competent and, as mentioned, still has massive potential he can realize in some form if he can adapt to the system. And remember, they still have Sanchize who ran the system well last year, too.

Look, I am a big Giants fan but credit where credit is due: Chip Kelly is a damn good coach. He's gonna spend his $$$ on quality defensive guys and let his system do the talking on offense with lesser quality players who fit what he needs (think Moneyball: traditionally undervalued players who fit what the team wants perfectly, making them more valuable).

you cannot be serious....sam bradford hasnt been healthy his entire career and as a giants fan youre citing that he's more mobile than foles? uhhh yeah maybe in a vacuum, but in the NFL hes made of glass. rolling out sam bradford....is a bad idea. you just compared him to aaron rodgers. ohhhh boy i think something's wrong there. and mark sanchez is mark sanchez lol. no other words needed on that

There's no denying the eagles lost their 3 best playmakers in 3 seasons (djax, maclin, mccoy) that's like the Giants getting rid of Beckham cruz and eli for sh*ts and giggs...theyre going to replace all that production in one offseason using the moneyball mantra? i dont think so...

It's pretty unbelievable the cockiness that kelly is displaying, who does he think he is, some kind of bellichick? your system isn't above the league this is the NFL not Oregon, and teams will start figuring it out epecially now that he has less firepower. kelly has ruined the eagles (thank god) and he's going to be back coaching college in less than 2 years, take it to the bank.

he overpaid maxwell with a contract like hes an all pro when hes a #2 corner who had over the top help from 2 of the best safeties in chancellor and earl thomas...the eagles still have nothing on defense and no secondary

as a giants fan, chip kelly is my hero! and the eagles championship count will remain at ZERO!!
This post was edited on 3/11 12:32 AM by ntlrock1

Originally posted by ntlrock1:
you cannot be serious....sam bradford hasnt been healthy his entire career and as a giants fan youre citing that he's more mobile than foles? uhhh yeah maybe in a vacuum, but in the NFL hes made of glass. rolling out sam bradford....is a bad idea. you just compared him to aaron rodgers. ohhhh boy i think something's wrong there. and mark sanchez is mark sanchez lol. no other words needed on that

There's no denying the eagles lost their 3 best playmakers in 3 seasons (djax, maclin, mccoy) that's like the Giants getting rid of Beckham cruz and eli for sh*ts and giggs...theyre going to replace all that production in one offseason using the moneyball mantra? i dont think so...

It's pretty unbelievable the cockiness that kelly is displaying, who does he think he is, some kind of bellichick? your system isn't above the league this is the NFL not Oregon, and teams will start figuring it out epecially now that he has less firepower. kelly has ruined the eagles (thank god) and he's going to be back coaching college in less than 2 years, take it to the bank.

he overpaid maxwell with a contract like hes an all pro when hes a #2 corner who had over the top help from 2 of the best safeties in chancellor and earl thomas...the eagles still have nothing on defense and no secondary

as a giants fan, chip kelly is my hero! and the eagles championship count will remain at ZERO!!

sorry, another giants fan here, and i'm going to have to disagree. chip kelly has already won many games in the nfl with foles and sanchez at qb. bradford is an upgrade in terms of talent. will he stay healthy? probably not, but foles has been injured almost half his career too - 22 out of 48 games he's been in the league. and we all know mariota is the big play here. if they can't land mariota, bradford/sanchez is better than foles/sanchez.

when's the last time oregon had a top tier running back where they grounded and pounded all game? lamichael james? that's not how kelly runs his teams. why pay money to shady mccoy when they can plug in any serviceable back and spend that cash elsewhere? kelly isn't dumb - he's going to do it his way, so if he wins everyone knows it was because of him. he wasn't brought to the NFL to follow the conventional wisdom. if he fails, he fails (i hope he does), but he will go out swinging.

I'm a NYG fan...

the signing is big for the psyche of team and fanbase...Woody wants to be loved

I think they overpaid but I understand why they did it.....and the negative to NE was
a large added bonus...

I think the qb stinks but the D (after adding another CB at least) will be very good
and I like the agressive Bowles style there....

should double last years wins...even with poor qb

overrated ? if anything Revis is underrated. everyone talks up sherman cause he has a big mouth and talks about how Revis "isnt the same player"...he makes any team instantly better and completely changes an offensive gameplan i.e, a team's top receiver doesnt get targetted whih NEVER happens in today's NFL...could u imagine him playing in the 70s and 80s when DBs could maul WRs?

Originally posted by vm7118:

Originally posted by ntlrock1:

sorry, another giants fan here, and i'm going to have to disagree. chip kelly has already won many games in the nfl with foles and sanchez at qb. bradford is an upgrade in terms of talent. will he stay healthy? probably not, but foles has been injured almost half his career too - 22 out of 48 games he's been in the league. and we all know mariota is the big play here. if they can't land mariota, bradford/sanchez is better than foles/sanchez.

when's the last time oregon had a top tier running back where they grounded and pounded all game? lamichael james? that's not how kelly runs his teams. why pay money to shady mccoy when they can plug in any serviceable back and spend that cash elsewhere? kelly isn't dumb - he's going to do it his way, so if he wins everyone knows it was because of him. he wasn't brought to the NFL to follow the conventional wisdom. if he fails, he fails (i hope he does), but he will go out swinging.
To think Kelly is some kind of genius here is laughable. He took a great team and than tweeked it and than they missed the playoffs. Now he has jettisoned every star on the team and brought in a first round bust.

Ask your self who is the best, most talented, player on the team in the last two years. Whoever you come up with he is on another team right now.

Originally posted by HeyHuey:
Jets also picked up CB Buster Skrine from Cleveland who I like just because of his name. I looked at him and he seems to be a pretty good tackler...I guess he had to be in Cleveland. He's 5-9....I would like to see a 6'2 or 6'3 corner like Browner from NE but they sure don't grow on trees. Browner also holds a little bit.
Skrine will play slot coverage which is where he has some potential due to his quickness. Outside coverage for him has been an adventure not in a good way.

Originally posted by RUCONN:
overrated ? if anything Revis is underrated. everyone talks up sherman cause he has a big mouth and talks about how Revis "isnt the same player"...he makes any team instantly better and completely changes an offensive gameplan i.e, a team's top receiver doesnt get targetted whih NEVER happens in today's NFL...could u imagine him playing in the 70s and 80s when DBs could maul WRs?
+1. Revis is the best cover corner in the game. He's an elite player with great technique. He also works as hard and studies as much as any Corner in the game. The only question becomes age.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT