ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NFL Says All Fans Will Be Required To Wear Masks At Games This Season

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
If fans are able to attend NFL games this year, they will all be wearing masks while inside the stadium. The NFL announced the new policy on Twitter.

"For those wondering, yes, it is league-wide: fans at NFL games this season will be required to wear face coverings," Brian McCarthy, the league's vice president of communications, wrote.

It remains unclear if fans will be able to attend games in person this year. The NFL has not instituted a league-wide policy and is instead, leaving the decision up to individual teams.

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/con...e-required-to-wear-masks-at-games-this-season

Reactions: beaced
I'm ready with my Giants "big blue" game day gear if the limitation on fan attendance is ever changed in N.J.

s-l640.jpg

The only call to make, really, given the overwhelming scientific and epidemiological evidence in favor of universal masking. It's why I think we could safely have 10-20% attendance, at least, at outdoor sporting events with absolutely strict mask rules in place (including fines).
Agree completely

Wake me up when the NFL gets back to being the National Football League.

No fans, kneeling, no contact, choosing a political side.

Not for me.

it shouldn't be about "choosing a political side"...

but sadly it is and I respect your decision that it's not for you.

Reactions: Greg2020
it shouldn't be about "choosing a political side"...

but sadly it is and I respect your decision that it's not for you.

No sports league should choose to align with either political side.

It's bad business, I have chosen to walk away from the NFL as a consumer, won't buy anything nor watch the games. Maybe that changes down the road, I'll see.

The only call to make, really, given the overwhelming scientific and epidemiological evidence in favor of universal masking. It's why I think we could safely have 10-20% attendance, at least, at outdoor sporting events with absolutely strict mask rules in place (including fines).
So you believe 5-10k in Rutger’s stadium would be feasible ? That is a bold statement and by the way , who exactly will enforce this rule ? Will that be the “ yellow jackets “ or the Rutger’s / Middlesex County police? People complained before and definitely more so now about the police and their over exuberance. Family, cheerleaders , dance team and band could and should be allowed. As for students and fans not so sure how that works . If we spaced seats and aisles throughout , the max I see would be nearer 5k but right now I don’t see that happening. We all miss our sports but if anyone tests positive those “ trackers” will have a very tough time locating and enforcing quarantines.

Wake me up when the NFL gets back to being the National Football League.

No fans, kneeling, no contact, choosing a political side.

Not for me.
Ahhhh remember when sports was a refuge from the insanity of the every day? I know it’s been a while.

Even college has gone this route. A&M is in the middle of a donor implosion as I type...10s of millions gone because the starting QB went all woke and demanded some statue be taken down and calling for the defunding of the corps of cadets (other than the service academies, no one commissions more officers into the armed forces than A&M.) That little bomb went off very badly and it’s been downhill ever since. Now the AD and dumbass school president are panicking because they know what’s unfolding; they can do the math. The most profitable AD (revenue vs expenses) is about to go in the opposite direction.

Sadly A&M is reaping what their woke-ish selves sewed.

I can't see how the NFL could do it any other way - go to a game, wear a mask. Simple as that. If you can't put up with the mask, stay home.

No sports league should choose to align with either political side.

I completely agree with this.

Ahhhh remember when sports was a refuge from the insanity of the every day? I know it’s been a while.

Even college has gone this route. A&M is in the middle of a donor implosion as I type...10s of millions gone because the starting QB went all woke and demanded some statue be taken down and calling for the defunding of the corps of cadets (other than the service academies, no one commissions more officers into the armed forces than A&M.) That little bomb went off very badly and it’s been downhill ever since. Now the AD and dumbass school president are panicking because they know what’s unfolding; they can do the math. The most profitable AD (revenue vs expenses) is about to go in the opposite direction.

Sadly A&M is reaping what their woke-ish selves sewed.

morons

Okay so then why only 20%? If everyone is in masks, and most are sitting with people they'd be with, regardless, why not 100%? Or maybe something like 50-80%? I'm not even gonna get into the Monmouth Park thing, which I'm sure has been discussed, lol!

(I challenge you to answer this question in less than 5,000 words :Chop banana:)

Last edited:
Reactions: RUhasarrived
If fans are able to attend NFL games this year, they will all be wearing masks while inside the stadium. The NFL announced the new policy on Twitter.

"For those wondering, yes, it is league-wide: fans at NFL games this season will be required to wear face coverings," Brian McCarthy, the league's vice president of communications, wrote.

It remains unclear if fans will be able to attend games in person this year. The NFL has not instituted a league-wide policy and is instead, leaving the decision up to individual teams.

https://koanewsradio.iheart.com/con...e-required-to-wear-masks-at-games-this-season
That is going to play hell with te beer drinking

Okay so then why only 20%? If everyone is in masks, and most are sitting with people they'd be with, regardless, why not 100%? Or maybe something like 50-80%? I'm not even gonna get into the Monmouth Park thing, which I'm sure has been discussed, lol!

(I challenge you to answer this question in less than 5,000 words :Chop banana:)

Because cloth masks, which most wear, are not 100% effective at trapping virus-laden droplets expelled by an infected person, especially from yelling, which will certainly be frequent at a football game. This significantly raises the risk of transmission vs. being on a subway, for example, where people generally aren't yelling or even talking, so some physical distancing would likely be needed in addition to mask wearing. How much distancing is a bit of a guess, which is why I was going with 10-20%. Less than 100 words, lol.

Reactions: Greg2020
Because cloth masks, which most wear, are not 100% effective at trapping virus-laden droplets expelled by an infected person, especially from yelling, which will certainly be frequent at a football game. This significantly raises the risk of transmission vs. being on a subway, for example, where people generally aren't yelling or even talking, so some physical distancing would likely be needed in addition to mask wearing. How much distancing is a bit of a guess, which is why I was going with 10-20%. Less than 100 words, lol.

lol I'm impressed!

I agree with it. It shouldn’t be a political issue because it started with the CDC. One side say nobody needs masks and if you’re worried stay home. The other side is now saying everyone needs masks and if you don’t want to wear one stay home: I don’t know for sure if they are game changers but for the time being it is something we should do when in large crowds. Unite don’t divide.

ADVERTISEMENT