ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NHL Playoff Thread

Nothing will age you faster than a Game 7 Stanley Cup Playoff game if you're a fan of one of the team's playing in it. Flyers have all the momentum now with Hart playing out of his mind. Tremendous series by both teams, and I bet the winner takes out the Bolts in the ECF.

Nothing will age you faster than a Game 7 Stanley Cup Playoff game if you're a fan of one of the team's playing in it. Flyers have all the momentum now with Hart playing out of his mind. Tremendous series by both teams, and I bet the winner takes out the Bolts in the ECF.

Three game 7s coming in next two days. Can't wait to watch all of them. Each has a ton of interesting storylines.

Certainly proves its not the number of shots but the quality of shots that win you a hockey game. Isles allow too many Flyer shots with traffic in front of the goal tender. Don't seem to be able to clear guys out of the way. The margin for error is gone. Play your best or go home Saturday night.

Giving up 4 goals is not playing out of his mind. Sure the Isles has a lot more shots but their shot total was normal for a game. That being said, I love game 7's. Will be fun to watch.

Giving up 4 goals is not playing out of his mind. Sure the Isles has a lot more shots but their shot total was normal for a game. That being said, I love game 7's. Will be fun to watch.

This is a difference between looking a the total and watching the game. I'm obviously biased but Hart played well. He had almost no chance on any of the goals he gave up last night and made several high quality saves. Overall he had a .925 save percentage and +0.80 goals saved above expectation.

Weird game with the Flyers jumping out hot, the Islanders dominating for most of the game until overtime, then the Flyers crushing them in the 2nd OT. To win game 7 Flyers need to get the power play on track and somehow control the Barzal line.

Flyers vs Islanders in 20 min. Think the keys from my last post still stand, Flyers need to score on the PP and control Barzal's line. Interesting developments tonight, Greiss in goal and Couturier back from injury.

Looking good for the Isles. 4-0 with under 5 to play. If Eberle could bury a finish it would a larger lead. Smothering Defense.

Nice to see the Islanders knock off Philly! Washington was wrong about Trotz and Devils were wrong about Lou.
The Devils were not wrong about Lou, his time there was done and our farm system was in a shambles, problem with Lou is he hates rebuilding and he also hates marketing his players.

Last edited:
Reactions: goru1869
The Islanders are a fun team to watch. Well coached with Trotz; great unity and teamwork and Barzal is a stud!

They showed great character dominating game 7 after 3 crushing OT losses.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
Nice to see the Islanders knock off Philly! Washington was wrong about Trotz and Devils were wrong about Lou.

If anyone was wrong about Lou it was the Leafs. Imagine how they were feeling about seeing the Isles success in their building with Matt Martin and Leo Komorov playing regularly under Lou while JT and the rest of the Leafs could only watch after another disappointing end to the season.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Feels so go to be wrong. As an Isles fan it was starting to look like a horrible way to end a season on a 3 game slide after yet another OT loss in game 6. But boy did they play to their strengths last night. Most pundits have Tampa in 6 today and I can't disagree but let's drop the puck and find out!

Reactions: rurichdog
Feels so go to be wrong. As an Isles fan it was starting to look like a horrible way to end a season on a 3 game slide after yet another OT loss in game 6. But boy did they play to their strengths last night. Most pundits have Tampa in 6 today and I can't disagree but let's drop the puck and find out!
Tampa is a very good team, but they royally tanked last year, so who knows.

Trotz is a class act and I hope the Isles take out the Lightning in the ECF. Flyers finally have a goalie to build around for the first time since Hextall and need to now build around him. I think Fletcher will start to try to move away from the vets who have been underachievers for years like JVR and Voracek.

As a Devils fan the Lou-Greene connection has me rooting for the Isle's.

Pretty dominant last night. Does Philly have talented players? Wouldn't know it watching that game. Meanwhile Barzal creates in silky fashion with consistency. The busted up face only adds to the story. The Brassard to Greene play was a beaut as well.

Pretty dominant last night. Does Philly have talented players? Wouldn't know it watching that game. Meanwhile Barzal creates in silky fashion with consistency. The busted up face only adds to the story. The Brassard to Greene play was a beaut as well.

How about the Bailey to Nelson pass as well? Noteworthy how well Andy Greene has fit in on defense. I keep thinking they will give him a game of rest to also keep Boychuck sharp but no sign of that yet. The tightest turnaround of the playoff for them tomorrow night given the need to travel to Edmonton today. Would be surprised if Greiss is not in net again tomorrow.

They do but the way this Islanders team plays defense, they're going to make good offensive players disappear.

How about the Bailey to Nelson pass as well? Noteworthy how well Andy Greene has fit in on defense. I keep thinking they will give him a game of rest to also keep Boychuck sharp but no sign of that yet. The tightest turnaround of the playoff for them tomorrow night given the need to travel to Edmonton today. Would be surprised if Greiss is not in net again tomorrow.
Greene has been given a pretty light workload, so I don't think he'd need a rest, I do see your reasoning for getting Boychuck some play, but Greene has been too good to take out of the lineup right now. And I'm not even talking about his goals.

Semi related, I think it's stupid and obnoxious that they keep piping in crowd noise for the games. It's dumb and takes away from the game IMO

I think the only "positive" from this game is that it only counts as one loss.
Interesting Final 4. Dallas with some ‘rent-a-veteran‘ players...Vegas continuing the best opening run of an expansion team in any sport ever....Isles with Trotz’s disciplined style...Tampa Bay just loaded with top tier talent with Stamkos lurking and trying to get healthy enough to play in the Finals (if they make it).

Ouch is this one gonna sting for the Isles & their fans. Going to be hard to regroup after tonight.

Ouch is this one gonna sting for the Isles & their fans. Going to be hard to regroup after tonight.
Brutal loss. They rebounded and played such a strong game only to have it slip away with one little mistake at the end.

They're a well coached team, but to play such a strong game and let it slip away after a blow out can be demoralizing.

They had chances but could not put the puck in the net. I knew they were in trouble when they did little with a 5 on 3 late in third period. Time to shuffle the lines a bit. Hard hitting game and I was happy with the physical nature of the Isles play after BN got leveled against the boards. Another wasted PP after that. Surprised to see Ladd get a start. Tampa is a good team.

They had chances but could not put the puck in the net. I knew they were in trouble when they did little with a 5 on 3 late in third period. Time to shuffle the lines a bit. Hard hitting game and I was happy with the physical nature of the Isles play after BN got leveled against the boards. Another wasted PP after that. Surprised to see Ladd get a start. Tampa is a good team.
Islanders power play has been atrocious all year, even going back to last year, iirc. Lou really needs to address this.

Took me awhile to find the game last night. Not sure why it was on USA Network. This series is getting nasty with some genuine bad blood starting to show and borderline dangerous hits. Better keep your head up tomorrow afternoon. Thought the Isles were dead after allowing the Lightining to tie it up in the third. But they found a way to rebound. Tampa still looks like the better team. Assume they will be at full strength tomorrow.

Isles manage to stave off elimination last night, and did it in overtime too! Still not confident they can go the distance, but they're still alive.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT