ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ gas tax going up more than 9 cents beginning in October

This increase is legally mandated. By law, the gas tax must meet certain revenue targets. These were not met due to the pandemic.

Do you really think once this pandemic is over it'll go down? This is the Dems new slush fund for their pet projects. Some will go for infrastructure but it'll get pilfered for other things. This tax is nothing more than a scam pushed by Dem, Boss Sweeney.

Do you really think once this pandemic is over it'll go down? This is the Dems new slush fund for their pet projects. Some will go for infrastructure but it'll get pilfered for other things. This tax is nothing more than a scam pushed by Dem, Boss Sweeney.
Everything a dem does is a scam
Everything a repug does is for the betterment of the country

TRENTON, N.J. — Democratic Gov. Phil Murphy’s administration says New Jersey’s gas tax is going up 9.3 cents a gallon, a roughly 22% increase.

OH MY GOD GAS IS ….STILL GONNA BE WELL UNDER $3 A GALLON (which is still around the cheapest in history in real $ terms).

Reactions: Kbee3 and Greg2020
It's mandated by law, not his call.
Yes , I was very much against this tax increase and even signed a petition opposing it . But I do feel there is a way the people in Trenton could have paused it for a while until things got better in this state. After all they always find a way or reason to increase taxes.

Reactions: drewbagel423
The way things are going, expect licenses and registrations for bicycle riders before too long. In Florida, with so many demands for bike paths and bike lanes and bike safety, taxpayers are pushing for bike riders to start throwing in to pay for their demands, including bridge tolls, bike licenses and registrations.

Reactions: beaced and LC-88
The way things are going, expect licenses and registrations for bicycle riders before too long. In Florida, with so many demands for bike paths and bike lanes and bike safety, taxpayers are pushing for bike riders to start throwing in to pay for their demands, including bridge tolls, bike licenses and registrations.
Now you just gave JC mayor Fulop an idea, if he hadn't thought of this already.

Reactions: Greg2020

Sounds like a good plan actually. License would be stupid, but registration and tolls make sense. Seems a win for everyone - better infrastructure for cyclists, less taxpayer money to build it.

Sounds like a good plan actually. License would be stupid, but registration and tolls make sense. Seems a win for everyone - better infrastructure for cyclists, less taxpayer money to build it.
And I nominate the Garden State Parkway... The New Jersey Turnpike... the Jersey City Expressway of bike paths, from Montclair to Jersey City.

Reactions: Greg2020
This increase is legally mandated. By law, the gas tax must meet certain revenue targets. These were not met due to the pandemic.
Yep, anyone who remembered that part of the law knew about 5 months ago that this was going to happen. It's also funny to see the Democrats and Republicans pointing fingers at each other over this when it was both of them. The Democrats in the legislature pushed the bill through and then Republican Christie signed it.

Three things-
1. You would need a government body to be in charge of collecting fees and issuing registrations

2. You would need someone to enforce these laws. Would police now need to pull over bikers?

3. You are trusting Trenton to use this revenue to go to the purpose it was collected for.

Reactions: JETMET12
Three things-
1. You would need a government body to be in charge of collecting fees and issuing registrations

2. You would need someone to enforce these laws. Would police now need to pull over bikers?

3. You are trusting Trenton to use this revenue to go to the purpose it was collected for.
On #2 , social workers would be assigned the task. We all know they would be able to do this job.

Yeah I saw, states would still need to vote individually to make it legal, but this would make it much easier. Doesn’t matter because Republicans will never pass it.

NJ will be legalizing come November though.
Is it on the ballot in NJ this year?

You know this is going to fluff BS like paying for private school for top state gov officials’ children. I know one person from in the Christie admin who used funds for stuff like this along with the rest of the staff. Someone else paid for their $100k+ wedding with state funds lol.

You know this is going to fluff BS like paying for private school for top state gov officials’ children. I know one person from in the Christie admin who used funds for stuff like this along with the rest of the staff. Someone else paid for their $100k+ wedding with state funds lol.
+1
Trenton will waste whatever money that comes in. Legalized weed in NJ will be a clusterf and meaningless for the overall state budget.

Reactions: goru1869
I call bs

Name names because what you accused them of is a crime

ADVERTISEMENT