ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NJ weather: Tropical storm could bring flooding, rip currents in the next few days

It is always fun when Tango or another poster starts a weather thread first. You can see the juvenile pettiness is #'s posts.
The juvenile behavior went both ways.. always.. and it wasn't always the principles doing it. Strange, that was. I suppose with every pissing match some people will pick sides.

you know.. I kept thinking the poster who started weather threads back then had a name starting with T... maybe it was Tango. At the time I took exception to mocking a reference to weather.com, that certainly has weather professionals making forecasts.

To me, that kind of mockery read like justification for making a new weather thread and claiming that space.. and, clearly, that's what happened. My recollection was confirmed by RU#s and DJSpanky but still questioned.

I do forget who called whom "snow-weenies".

DECADES

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus10
No one discussed what the weather would be for gameday until you came along. That's your argument?

So you didn't see a weather thread citing weather.com and say.. I can do better?

It wouldn't surprise me that your weather thread didn't follow what you did with CoVid. With CoVid, there was a thread on the CE board where you mocked people as alarmists. Then, when you realize it really is a big deal.. you go to the football board to start a thread... which was a good idea. But that's how I think you became the weather guy and why some people resented you for it.

Not me.. because I did then what I am doing now.. merely pointing out that you people are nuts about crap like this. You and BAC are two of a kind in that regard. You tuned your weather reports as the date drew near and then took credit for getting things right.. while simultaneously saying you don't make predictions, just report what others are saying.. yet still taking the kudos when people say you "nailed it". BAC does the same thing with his NCAA field predictions.. sometimes saying that he got them all correct last year not mentioning how many of his earlier versions were wrong. Same for the weather forecasts.. or tropical storm season forecasts..guesses.. or the millions of coming CoVid deaths.. etc etc.

Just look at these weather threads.. you say the storm is unlikely to produce 2 inches or more and would start a thread if need be. You barely mention the possibility of 4-8 inches. BAC mocks you saying the storm is unlikey to take a dangerous path inland. You resent that.. properly.. but still don't commit to saying it is likely.. nor do you start a weather thread.. clearly indicating you find it highly unlikely... AGREEING with BAC. THEN.. when the unlikely happens.. you come back to mock BAC... when you agreed with him. And others joined you mocking BAC and his brother.

You really cannot make this stuff up. It is quite the show. You are all nuts... and that's my job.. pointing that out.

Most people remember things they "do" much better than things they maybe read about. I've been doing weather emails for coworkers and friends/family since the late 90s, right around the time the original Rutgersfan.com message boards were created, so yeah, I remember it all pretty well. Obviously people talked about gameday weather back then, usually in the game prediction threads, but there's zero doubt in my mind that I was the first one who started doing gameday weather threads, which led to also doing winter weather threads.

But I'll never be able to prove it, so it's an academic argument, which is part of the reason I've always been so annoyed when message boards don't have or lose stored threads (and which is also why I'm glad I at least have all my winter storm emails from back then). Same with COVID, since now I can't "prove" that you're off-base on that too. Back in late January, I didn't think COVID would be as bad as the flu, but I always said it might be very bad (I hate absolutism, which you ought to know) and I mostly just mocked babybull, who posted about 9 nutty conspiracies about the virus that needed mocking, although he did get the very fast spread around the world right (I think that was just by chance though since he always believes in the craziest outcome). The new thread was mostly started to try to keep at least one thread on useful info/data (most were not) and it worked for awhile.

And on this storm, I made a comment about a low probability/high impact outcome on Monday, because people often like to know such things. But it wasn't until Thursday that the models really started showing the storm blowing up and dropping 2-4" or more on this area, which is when I would've started a thread. I had zero issue with Tango starting it, though, especially since I've been pretty preoccupied with COVID. My only issue really was the snark I got on Monday, so I gave him some snark back when that low probability event he absolutely dismissed, largely came to fruition. I think you're reading way too much into the rest.

Most people remember things they "do" much better than things they maybe read about. I've been doing weather emails for coworkers and friends/family since the late 90s, right around the time the original Rutgersfan.com message boards were created, so yeah, I remember it all pretty well. Obviously people talked about gameday weather back then, usually in the game prediction threads, but there's zero doubt in my mind that I was the first one who started doing gameday weather threads, which led to also doing winter weather threads.

But I'll never be able to prove it, so it's an academic argument, which is part of the reason I've always been so annoyed when message boards don't have or lose stored threads (and which is also why I'm glad I at least have all my winter storm emails from back then). Same with COVID, since now I can't "prove" that you're off-base on that too. Back in late January, I didn't think COVID would be as bad as the flu, but I always said it might be very bad (I hate absolutism, which you ought to know) and I mostly just mocked babybull, who posted about 9 nutty conspiracies about the virus that needed mocking, although he did get the very fast spread around the world right (I think that was just by chance though since he always believes in the craziest outcome). The new thread was mostly started to try to keep at least one thread on useful info/data (most were not) and it worked for awhile.

And on this storm, I made a comment about a low probability/high impact outcome on Monday, because people often like to know such things. But it wasn't until Thursday that the models really started showing the storm blowing up and dropping 2-4" or more on this area, which is when I would've started a thread. I had zero issue with Tango starting it, though, especially since I've been pretty preoccupied with COVID. My only issue really was the snark I got on Monday, so I gave him some snark back when that low probability event he absolutely dismissed, largely came to fruition. I think you're reading way too much into the rest.
To summarize:

tenor.gif

Reactions: RocktheRac
Did somebody post something? I can't imagine how crushed T would be if I actually put him on ignore, lol...
If you weren't so sensitive and easy to instigate I would have moved on a long time ago. But.....here we are. Mildone tried to troll me for a while, but I ignored him for a year and he finally learned and moved on. However, we are now buddies on the new board.
HA!

If you weren't so sensitive and easy to instigate I would have moved on a long time ago. But.....here we are. Mildone tried to troll me for a while, but I ignored him for a year and he finally learned and moved on. However, we are now buddies on the new board.
HA!

You'll turn on him soon - it's simply your nature - and that board's gain is, well, this board's gain, too...

ADVERTISEMENT