ADVERTISEMENT

OT: No 4th of July Twilight Zone Marathon this year

bac2therac

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 30, 2001
Belle Mead NJ
What the ****!

Sci Fy did this back in 2011 and fans were outraged. Probably has something to do with 4th of July falling midweek or else they are just idiots

Even though usually Im out doing something else, its always good and a tradition to check in with some episodes with the lights out and the AC cranking..and yes I know Netflix has them, its just isnt the same

Reactions: mildone and zappaa
SyFy is making money hand over fist with their new lineup of shows these past few years. I am guessing this is something that upsets the old-heads more than anyone.

Whoever made the decision to forego the TZ marathon is a bad man.
Anthony should wish him into the cornfield.
I don't know if that has ever been posted here before, but I just became aware of it about a week ago: The kid who played Anthony grew up to be one half of the comic rock duo Barnes & Barnes, best known (at least by me) for Fish Heads (video linked here starring Bill Paxton).

tenor.gif

Someone on e-Bay copied the box set a few years ago,selling them for around $40.The uncut episodes are much better than the ones seen over the air.Plus,the set has all of Serling's next week teasers.

It's not the same.
I used to watch Honeymooners/Odd Couple on MeTV on Sunday Nights. They discontinued that great 1-2 punch. I don't feel inclined to search out episodes on Netflix/wherever. Creature of habit.

you don't search out tz episodes. go random, just like you get in the marathon. works well.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Well an even bigger question is "where is Central Jersey?"
Does that even exist.

I'll take a stab: Is it between the Pork Roll/Taylor Ham line dividing the state?
I'd say they call it Pork Taylor down there, but that just sounds wrong.

Reactions: Knight Shift
FWIW, I just scrolled through the scheduled programming for Decades Channel (ch. 112 on Optimum) and found nothing for Twilight Zone on 7/4. Maybe it was a late addition after SyFy dropped it?

Decades does have a Tarzan marathon this weekend, so there's that.

bummed for a few minutes.......

but, to be honest... I can watch them all on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix.......

and they are on 10 other channels each day (including Sci Fi).... I can live...

but, screw with the New Year's Marathon and they'll be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: fsg2
bummed for a few minutes.......

but, to be honest... I can watch them all on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix.......

and they are on 10 other channels each day (including Sci Fi).... I can live...

but, screw with the New Year's Marathon and they'll be hell to pay!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed. 4th is too much an outdoor holiday to spend much time watching tv. but new year's day was basically invented to sit on the couch nursing a hangover while watching cfb interspersed with TZ episodes.

Reactions: ru75
I don't know if that has ever been posted here before, but I just became aware of it about a week ago: The kid who played Anthony grew up to be one half of the comic rock duo Barnes & Barnes, best known (at least by me) for Fish Heads (video linked here starring Bill Paxton).
wow.. I know I had heard the fish heads song somewhere.. but damn that is a freaky little video... and that "Anthony" was a part of that.. soo RANDOM! love it

For the last time.. Central Jersey is a real place that South Jersey folk call "North Jersey".. but the people that live there want nothing to do with "North Jersey".. or "South Jersey" for that matter... and most of it is really "The Shore" and people who wish they were at "The Shore".. but need an easier drive to work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT