ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Non-political Amy Flood

RUSK97

Heisman Winner
Dec 28, 2007
CNJ
Running for Middlesex city council. Just drove through there and saw her signs. For some reason I assumed she and family moved to Atlanta/Tuscaloosa with Kyle, but I guess they stayed and he comes home...in the offseason? Is there really ever an offseason? Being married to a coach isn't easy in more ways than one.

Ok a non-politcal thread saying someone is running for political office ?? Hmm
Yes, the flood’s kept their middlesex mansion as the home base for family . They made lots of money off rutgers (some would say underserved, some would say deserved) and can have a few bases. But the middlesex one is the biggest .

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Do her signs say:

58621_h.jpg

Or: I will do a better job than Kyle as head coach?

Best of luck to her, and to Coach.

Flood was a decent gameday coach but a bad recruiter. Ash was a decent recruiter but a bad gameday coach. That said at least Flood kept the Chop, the Homer Hazel award and other Rutgers football traditions, and didn’t come in and blow up the place and then lose 78-0 after doing that

Virtual schooling in NJ is not working out so well, kids getting cheated
Says who?
I have a couple opinions on that. My niece was sent to us 3 weeks ago by her frustrated single mother who is a nurse and her 12 y/o daughter would do anything possible to not do her school work. Failing each virtual class with her best grade being a 55. Even had what was a .08 in Math(which I thought sucked bad enough but knew a couple of good grades could at least get her to a 2.0 fairly quickly)- joke on me... .08 was out of a 100 score
she was missing 21 assignments and quizzes. Keep in mind at that point, she had maybe 23 school days.
Well, we have been pushing her and I set her desk next to mine in my home office. I helped her get through all of her missing assignments and how to email teachers if she has a question or if there is an assignment she did but still appears to be missing.
3 weeks later- lowest grade is now up to a 68...All others are over 85.
But I have noticed, teachers will give them class work and then just give the answers without explanation. I see assignments where the examples they give them are actually incorrect. My niece learns more from me going over homework with her than what she learns from teachers.
On the other hand- if she was in school- I don't believe she would be doing as well because I would not be there to monitor what she is doing or to make sure she is actually paying attention.

Her teachers seem very lazy to me

Ash was a descent recruiter?
WTF
I'd say he was a decent talent evaluator but not a good recruiter. He got in early with under-the-radar recruits who later blew up, but most of these guys flipped on him. If you can't seal the deal, then you're not a good recruiter.

Despite some football related issues the Floods are a wonderful family who were very charitable with their time and we're outstanding members of the community.And yes, til Greg 2.0 proves me wrong, Flood is the BEST game day coach in my lifetime at Rutgers. Players loved him, he believed in them and took chances on 4th down, and they played fast and loose. His first year w

Reactions: ScarletDave
Despite some football related issues the Floods are a wonderful family who were very charitable with their time and we're outstanding members of the community.And yes, til Greg 2.0 proves me wrong, Flood is the BEST game day coach in my lifetime at Rutgers. Players loved him, he believed in them and took chances on 4th down, and they played fast and loose. His first year w
Not disputing he’s a good guy or member of the middlesex community , I don’t care . I am sure there are lot of good guys in middlesex . He did not play fast and loose in 2012 when he squandered the most talented defense we ever had . I didn’t mind he was willing to break rules in order to win (barnwell) .
But I said it in February 2012 and many times since : Flood is a Dud!

Not disputing he’s a good guy or member of the middlesex community , I don’t care . I am sure there are lot of good guys in middlesex . He did not play fast and loose in 2012 when he squandered the most talented defense we ever had . I didn’t mind he was willing to break rules in order to win (barnwell) .
But I said it in February 2012 and many times since : Flood is a Dud!

Did we ever get a reliable answer as to why Schiano didn't bring him to Tampa?

Can't blame Flood, he should not have been hired and was a last ditch option by an administration that was not prepared. He was a lousy recruiter but better game day coach than many realize
I think besides being a good game day coach, Flood was also good with the media. That's it. That's all I have. 😀

ADVERTISEMENT