ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Non-political Amy Flood

She chose to stay in Middlesex because she did not want to take the kids out of the school system. Usually when he comes home we see him around the town.
I’m sure he suspects that bama isn’t a long term thing. Make your money, put some guys in the nfl and use that to land your next permanent gig closer to home.

Flood was like the cool uncle to Schiano’s strict dad, which is why the players, past and present, loved him. Problem was that the cool uncle isn’t the best guy to run a program, especially at Rutgers. Program wise, he was too laid back. Recruiting wise he was the set up man when he needed to be a closer. Good assistant, which is fine, you can still make a heck of good living, but only a special few are ready to be a head coach.
The old mods had a great take on the situation. They said something to the effect of, Flood loved the idea of being called a head coach and all the accolades and perks that came with it. He just didn't like the work required to be one.

The old mods had a great take on the situation. They said something to the effect of, Flood loved the idea of being called a head coach and all the accolades and perks that came with it. He just didn't like the work required to be one.
That's pretty good. I know nothing about the guy's work ethic or the hours he put in, but when reports began to come out about how much more relaxed, laid back and fun things had become, I said "uh oh". When ALL the former players spoke up about how much they loved him, I said double "uh oh".

Lol. No one sane actually wants to raise a family in Alabama with kids and schools

Id imagine his kids would go to private school. And to be honest, Birmingham is one of my favorite US cities. It’s a beautiful state.

Did we ever get a reliable answer as to why Schiano didn't bring him to Tampa?

How is anyone still asking this question?
[/QUOTE]

yesrutgers01 - It's a valid question and you didn't answer it. Place yourself back in time to when Schiano was leaving for Tampa. Flood was his named assistant head coach at Rutgers since 2008 and Schiano took almost everyone else but Flood including non-coaching staff. Why was that?? Did Flood reject an offer? Did Greg not offer him a job?

How Flood behaved after Schiano left is not relevant to the question.

Parents need to step up and make sure their kids are learning. Which is actually a good lesson for a regular year.

Understand that about an hour ago, I received a statewide emergency alert about record cases and hospitals being near capacity. Those cases have been on rapid rise since they opened schools in mid-Aug and have now sent things back to scary March levels ...before the expected worst hits in winter.

Parents should stop complaining and step outside their bubble because opening schools like normal isn't a great alternative.

My kids have been going to PUBLIC school every day in-person since before Labor Day with no shut down. It just proves it can be done and when everyone involved is acting responsibly and trying to do the right thing for the kids.

I can only hope you didn't get a Rutgers degree, since if you did, you just devalued it. Yes, transmissions from young children (<12) are considerably less than from older children for reasons that have not been completely elucidated yet, but older children shed the virus at similar rates as adults, so should be just as infectious. And while transmissions in schools are significantly lower than some expected they're not zero. Also, "proving" a transmission is from person x to y is actually very difficult, but the 2nd link details a study which pretty conclusively showed this in an Israeli school. To think that infected children couldn't infect adults is beyond ludicrous.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02973-3

https://rutgers.forums.rivals.com/t...es-interventions-and-more.198855/post-4641773

https://www.nj.com/education/2020/1...-19-in-school-outbreaks-nj-officials-say.html
I come to football message boards so I can read what pompous dipshits who post spurious articles from dubious sources have to say about "science". Dummies who say things like "I can only hope you didn't get a Rutgers degree, since if you did, you just devalued it." Thanks Fredo.

One of your sources is a post by you. Hysterical.

I come to football message boards for teams I have no affiliation with to troll because I have nothing else going on. In fact, I have multiple screen names so I can exponentially increase my trolling including trolling myself. My tag line highlights that I am an internet tough guy, in order to further highlight my trolling tendencies.

FIFY

Reactions: RU848789
Flood was like the cool uncle to Schiano’s strict dad, which is why the players, past and present, loved him. Problem was that the cool uncle isn’t the best guy to run a program, especially at Rutgers. Program wise, he was too laid back. Recruiting wise he was the set up man when he needed to be a closer. Good assistant, which is fine, you can still make a heck of good living, but only a special few are ready to be a head coach.
Rutgers OL Coaches
2002 Joe Susan
2003 Mario Cristobal
2004 Rod Holder
2005- Kyle Flood

Despite having many NFL-quality OL .. Flood's OL gave up a ton of sacks in 2010.. long after he should have been able to put his stamp on the program. That said.. Nick Saban is no idiot. Flood's there for a reason. Saban and Bama name can recruit by itself.. All Flood has to do is be likable and teach the techniques.. the rest is on autopilot there.

I come to football message boards so I can read what pompous dipshits who post spurious articles from dubious sources have to say about "science". Dummies who say things like "I can only hope you didn't get a Rutgers degree, since if you did, you just devalued it." Thanks Fredo.

One of your sources is a post by you. Hysterical.

Would far rather be thought of as pompous by a few abject morons than to be, well, an abject moron, like yourself. And by the way, the post of mine that I referenced contained the source post/scientific paper I discussed in that post, which is why I linked it, just in case someone might want to learn a little bit about viral transmission epidemiology. I'm guessing that's a no for you though.

Flood always struck me as an amiable guy who is a career assistant type. He was elevated to Head Coach to keep the recruiting class in place when Schiano went to Tampa Bay during a limited recruiting timeline to signing day. IMO he did ok with using Schiano's recruits - but was not able to secure and sustain bringing in as high a level of recruits which eroded overall team talent over time. If I recall, Flood had a certain ability to identify hidden gem type recruiting talent before their rankings exploded and was able to get on potential recruits early......but more often then not, could not close the deal and would lose out to other programs by committment and signing day.

Reactions: BossNJ
My kids have been going to PUBLIC school every day in-person since before Labor Day with no shut down. It just proves it can be done and when everyone involved is acting responsibly and trying to do the right thing for the kids.

No one suggested it couldn't. But it's definitely not a given.

I've watched two local high schools close since my last post. And the country hit a new case record.

Right. The flood’s actually liked the area and wanted to be at rutgers. Unlike another coach . Kyle was just not a good HC .
Flood was a better coach at game time than the guy he replaced. But with all the other
Stuff he was way over his head.

I think Flood got a bad rap. Schiano took every coach with him and Floyd got the head job because he was the only coach left. He might not have been cut out to be a head coach but the players liked him and he tried his best. He was not Schiano and seems to have been a bit lax. Everyone is different. He did make a couple of mistakes but he has been doing a decent job at Alabama. He probably should have only been an assistant coach. I am glad that his wife won.

Flood took a nice house and didn’t maintain it . It became an eyesore . Ash moved in and blighted the whole neighborhood.

Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Ash moved into Flood's house?
Yep. Flood let termites eat away at the lumber in the walls. Ash came in, said, “This thing is a mess. I’m too good for this house.” The swung a sledgehammer at everything without checking if they were load bearing walls. He collapsed the whole building then stood there with a look of confusion (constipation?) on his face and proclaimed himself savior.

Yep. Flood let termites eat away at the lumber in the walls. Ash came in, said, “This thing is a mess. I’m too good for this house.” The swung a sledgehammer at everything without checking if they were load bearing walls. He collapsed the whole building then stood there with a look of confusion (constipation?) on his face and proclaimed himself savior.

Then he realized he lacked even the most basic construction skills.

Reactions: RUSK97
Would far rather be thought of as pompous by a few abject morons than to be, well, an abject moron, like yourself. And by the way, the post of mine that I referenced contained the source post/scientific paper I discussed in that post, which is why I linked it, just in case someone might want to learn a little bit about viral transmission epidemiology. I'm guessing that's a no for you though.
Next week we can discuss black holes and fluid mechanics on a football message board, Madam Scientist. Can't wait for your next post referencing yourself as a source. You're an intellectual giant! All should reference your posts.

Last edited:
What is my other screen name? I'm curious to know. I'm also now 52-0 and that doesn't even count my alter ego, super secret other name. For all I know, I could be 167-0.

All that matters is you are 0-1 against me

All that matters is you are 0-1 against me
Nope. Now 2-0. And I'm 198-0 against you with my other screen name. I think I will create another screen name to torment you. Prepare for torment!

Last edited:
Flood always struck me as an amiable guy who is a career assistant type. He was elevated to Head Coach to keep the recruiting class in place when Schiano went to Tampa Bay during a limited recruiting timeline to signing day. IMO he did ok with using Schiano's recruits - but was not able to secure and sustain bringing in as high a level of recruits which eroded overall team talent over time. If I recall, Flood had a certain ability to identify hidden gem type recruiting talent before their rankings exploded and was able to get on potential recruits early......but more often then not, could not close the deal and would lose out to other programs by committment and signing day.
You are right but let me fill in some blanks.
Coach Flood was promoted over his head. As we knew then and it has been proven out, he is a world class OL coach. The arguement of doing ok with Schiano recruits is sort of good until you watch and see that Schiano is doing good with Ash recruits. So, the current coach does have a big part to play regardless of who recruited the players. Heck- Flood had one hell of a 2014 even a couple of years with himself at the helm...even Schiano recruits were his players at that point. Flood is and was a really nice respectful man. I think he actually started very well with recruiting too but we had such a issue with a AD that came from a questionable environment who didnt want him and would do anything to cuckhold him if she could. Flood, was also a victim of a HC that did not mentor anyone to be good enough to take his place either. What pissed me off with Flood is that instead of having the balls to stand up to Julie and hold his convictions, he decided to keep the big paycheck and do her bidding. Looking the other way on drug tests is not Flood in any way that knows the man, short cutting, taking in thugs and letting them do as they please, is also not his way. But, this idiot gave up, collected his check and walked away from who he was. He really needed a mentor and a strong person to turn to for guidance. Not someone that told him what to do and follow it regardless of the consequences because he was afraid to lose his job. He never would have led us to any great heights but he didnt have to be someone's lacky. That is what he did. That is on him. But, he could have been much better under a different circumstance.
And yes, he was not only liked but very well respected by both the offensive and defensive players during his time under Greg.
I think Flood got a bad rap. Schiano took every coach with him and Floyd got the head job because he was the only coach left. He might not have been cut out to be a head coach but the players liked him and he tried his best. He was not Schiano and seems to have been a bit lax. Everyone is different. He did make a couple of mistakes but he has been doing a decent job at Alabama. He probably should have only been an assistant coach. I am glad that his wife won.
I think you are trying to be nice but the facts are wrong. Flood was already named HC when Greg came back and took the other coaches. He wasn't left behind. BTW- Greg wanted to go to Tampa and get a bunch of "NFL" coaches - they black balled him and he had to come back to us...at that point, Flood would have been one of his first choices to come with him as an OL coach.

Reactions: Plum Street
ADVERTISEMENT