ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Novavax vaccine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heart issues are not serious?
Remember when the wilting flowers were screaming the sky is falling about this and athletes during the height of the pandemic?
Any heart issue is serious.

I mean the vax side effects. It’s very unlikely the two are linked. They wouldn’t push the meeting back if there were serious issues with the vax.

Ridiculous post trying to connect holidays to vaccines, first of all, and your implication that vaccine safey hasn't been monitored, analyzed and communicated very well to date is way off base - the US's VAERS system is incredibly thorough with even extraordinarily rare vaccine side effects being discovered (anaphylaxis, clotting and now, potentially, myocarditis). I'm hoping for your sake that you overcame your hesitancy and got vaccinated.
Thanks for the usual lecture. I made no connection- the CDC canceled an emergency meeting. In most people's worlds of medicine and emergencies, they don't cancel work because of a holiday.
tenor.gif

Reactions: bac2therac
MDs agree-you don't skip an emergency meeting for a holiday.

Didn't you call people who worried about this exact issue in relation to Covid "wilting flowers"? But are up in arms about a meeting getting pushed back 3 business days?

I too think "Juneteenth" is a limp reason to cancel, but the sky ain't falling.

Didn't you call people who worried about this exact issue in relation to Covid "wilting flowers"? But are up in arms about a meeting getting pushed back 3 business days?

I too think "Juneteenth" is a limp reason to cancel, but the sky ain't falling.
Then we agree. The wilting flowers reference was to someone downplaying the issue. Any heart issue is serious. They should have met today. Juneteenth is tomorrow. Celebrations scheduled in Asbury Park/Neptune, and it sounds like a nice time.

Ridiculous post trying to connect holidays to vaccines, first of all, and your implication that vaccine safey hasn't been monitored, analyzed and communicated very well to date is way off base - the US's VAERS system is incredibly thorough with even extraordinarily rare vaccine side effects being discovered (anaphylaxis, clotting and now, potentially, myocarditis). I'm hoping for your sake that you overcame your hesitancy and got vaccinated.
Fact

They postponed an emergency meeting for a holiday created two days ago

So ...is Juneteenth going to become a legit holiday that regular businesses close down for or just one of those Colombus Day types that only public workers get off?

I definitely root for the former, along with an observation to the Monday after the 3rd Sunday of the month - father's day done right.

Ayes?

MDs agree-you don't skip an emergency meeting for a holiday.

I see you and bac are posting more anti-vaxx talking points. It was first billed as an "emergency" meeting, but the CDC has clarified that saying it's a "COVID vaccine meeting" and will simply be folded into one of theree Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) meetings held every year (one was already scheduled for next week) to discuss a variety of vaccine issues and not just for COVID vaccines. Postponing that meeting for a few days means nothing. And, by the way, tons of government doctors in places like the NIH, CDC and FDA have been working incredible hours throughout COVID, led by Dr. Fauci, who is still putting in 70-80 hour weeks, every week.

With regard to the actual myocarditis risk, even if the myocarditis cases are deemed to be causally related to the mRNA vaccines (jury is still out - part of why they're having the meeting), we're still talking about an exceedingly rare side effect (maybe 20 in 1MM young people), which self-resolves in the vast majority of cases, as per the except below from an NPR article. But like any side effect, it needs to be thoroughly investigated, like they all have, so far.

Paul Offit, professor of pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of an FDA vaccine advisory committee, says there likely is a causal link between the heart inflammation some doctors are seeing in these teens and the second dose of vaccine. "I think it's real," he says, but he hastens to add that the effect is exceedingly small – based on the data collected so far, maybe one in 50,000 vaccinees between the ages of 16 and 39. "And the good news is at least so far it looks to be transient and self-resolving."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...izer-covid-vaccine-teens-symptoms-myocarditis

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-cdc-meeting-myocarditis-heart-inflammation/

Last edited:
Thanks for the usual lecture. I made no connection- the CDC canceled an emergency meeting. In most people's worlds of medicine and emergencies, they don't cancel work because of a holiday.
tenor.gif
Yes, you made the connection - own it. And as I just posted, it is not an emergency meeting (even if it was billed like that at first).

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/acip/meetings/index.html?ACSTrackingID=USCDC_11_7-DM59845&ACSTrackingLabel=ACIP: June 18, 2021 COVID-19 meeting is being rescheduled&deliveryName=USCDC_11_7-DM59845

Last edited:
I got the Pfizer but test show that I don't have any antibodies -due to chemo, radiation, immuno suppressing anti-rejection drugs for stem cell transplant. I asked if we should try the JnJ drug since it uses a more tradition approach and my docs said no. We're just going to wait for the data to develop and my immune system to get more normal to try again. 95% effective still means a lot of people walking around susceptible or active carriers.

I see you and bac are posting more anti-vaxx talking points. It was first billed as an "emergency" meeting, but the CDC has clarified that saying it's a "COVID vaccine meeting" and will simply be folded into one of theree Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) meetings held every year (one was already scheduled for next week) to discuss a variety of vaccine issues and not just for COVID vaccines. Postponing that meeting for a few days means nothing. And, by the way, tons of government doctors in places like the NIH, CDC and FDA have been working incredible hours throughout COVID, led by Dr. Fauci, who is still putting in 70-80 hour weeks, every week.

With regard to the actual myocarditis risk, even if the myocarditis cases are deemed to be causally related to the mRNA vaccines (jury is still out - part of why they're having the meeting), we're still talking about an exceedingly rare side effect (maybe 20 in 1MM young people), which self-resolves in the vast majority of cases, as per the except below from an NPR article. But like any side effect, it needs to be thoroughly investigated, like they all have, so far.

Paul Offit, professor of pediatrics at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia and a member of an FDA vaccine advisory committee, says there likely is a causal link between the heart inflammation some doctors are seeing in these teens and the second dose of vaccine. "I think it's real," he says, but he hastens to add that the effect is exceedingly small – based on the data collected so far, maybe one in 50,000 vaccinees between the ages of 16 and 39. "And the good news is at least so far it looks to be transient and self-resolving."

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...izer-covid-vaccine-teens-symptoms-myocarditis

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-19-vaccine-cdc-meeting-myocarditis-heart-inflammation/
Wtf is anti vaxx talking point?

Im calling out the poltical bullcrap infecting sciences every move

Its an issue for a young woman who died..they need to get on it

Dr Fauci..haha..the guy is losing credibility by the day even among those non political

I think the domestic demand for the Novavax vaccine is understated because people have painted anyone hesitant to take the modified rna and viral vector vaccines as crazy anti-vaxxers.

Given that the protein subunit method has been used in a few other vaccines for a while, this vaccine delivers a finite amount of spike protein rather than getting your body to produce an undetermined amount, and there is less concern with the adjuvant used, the Novavax vaccine has the opportunity to make inroads with those previously unwilling to take the three already offered.

Novavax needs to do a good PR job to get the differences in their offering out to the public.
Hopefully it is available here soon for the remaining vaccine hesitant folks. The funny thing is, while the approach Novavax uses has been around for awhile, it has been a target for antivaxxers as well. I’m sure the low-life antivaxxers will move on to Novavax just as fast (some in this thread). Just a really sad group of individuals.

Hopefully it is available here soon for the remaining vaccine hesitant folks. The funny thing is, while the approach Novavax uses has been around for awhile, it has been a target for antivaxxers as well. I’m sure the low-life antivaxxers will move on to Novavax just as fast (some in this thread). Just a really sad group of individuals.

I agree, LeBum James is a low life

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT