ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Now that most of us are home, besides checking this board what are you reading/watching

I’m watching it in German with English subtitles. I suppose I could switch to the dubbed but this is fine.

I prefer the subtitles, I've watch Netflix's "The Rain", in Danish with the English subtitles.

Also renting on Google Play the latest version of the Finnish war movie classic "Unknown Soldier". May get to it this weekend.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
Home working all day extended hours. Actually putting in longer hours now that working from the office to to managing the effect of Corona virus on operating our 35 plants in the US.

Reactions: thegock
Altered Carbon on Netflix. Start with Season 1 and you have to give it a couple of episodes to figure out what's going on.

Not for the kids.

No votes for Peaky Blinders?

Peaky Blinders was great, after a couple episodes to figure out the characters I flew through all the seasons.

Just finished season 1 of Secret City on Netflix. Pretty good. Australian, Chinese, USA, spy conspiracy murder coverups etc, mostly from the view of a female journalist trying to find the truth.

Will watch season two next.

Reactions: tico brown
Bojack Horseman is amazing, give it a chance (your wife/girlfriend won’t like it)

Other mandatory TV is
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Wire

yet to start:
Narcos
Ozark
Peaky Blinders

Reactions: Jm0513
Bojack Horseman is amazing, give it a chance (your wife/girlfriend won’t like it)

Other mandatory TV is
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Wire

yet to start:
Narcos
Ozark
Peaky Blinders

I can recommend "The Wire", Bosch, Goliath, and The Hunters with Pacino hasn't knocked it out of the park, but OK

Alan sepinwall has a thread on twitter where people tell him what they’ve seen and liked and he gives them recommendations. He started doing weekly reviews at the sopranos outset and continues. I always read his recaps after watching an ep. catching up on better call Saul and mr robot now

Read this. LINK
Easy, quick inspirational read. Written by a friend who was a couple of years behind me in high school.

Just watched The English Game on Netflix. Enjoyed it. 6 episodes around 50 minutes each.

So far:

"Contagion" after the press conference Wednesday 3/11/20

"Zombieland" after the press conference Friday the 13

"Double Tap" after the press conference Thursday 3/19/20 (didn't actually watch it until after I went out and got two MORE months of non perishable food, cuz tRump is the Idiot in Charge.

"Shaun of the Dead" on tap for tonight.

Watched the first episode of the Netflix Aaron Hernandez documentary. Wow, what a f'ed up family.

Reactions: Jm0513
Finished Lonesome gods by Louis L’Amour and well on my way through Zane Greys The Rainbow Trail. My first book by both authors. Have enjoyed both, but this Zane Grey book is GREAT !!!

I just started binge watching The Walking Dead a few days ago... I'm doing it after work hours.

It's probably not the best thing to start watching during a global pandemic... but almost done season 2 and so far it's really good, and obviously crazy.

You WILL be disappointed the further you go.

Reactions: colbert17
You'll love "Annals..."

1.jpg

Reactions: thegock

Other mandatory TV is
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
The Wire

yet to start:
Narcos
Ozark
Peaky Blinders

Done
Done - new season is on now.
Done

Done X 2
Done
Done

What else ya got?

I have been studying for the CPP exam given by ASIS. It’s a ton of information but retirement is as soon as 10 months away.

Still fallback to Cheers (pre-Kirsty Alley) or Frazier episodes when we can't decide what to watch. Even better not having to watch them in any particular order.

Been catching up on a lot of movies that I have had on the list for awhile. The most compelling thing I have watched so far is Downfall. It is about the last ten days of WWII in Hitlers bunker below the reichs chancellory. It is told from the point of view of his last secretary who stayed with him until after he committed suicide.
For anyone who is a WWII history buff this is a story told by Somone who was there for it all. All in German but even with subtitles a very compelling movie.

Reactions: phs73rc77gsm83
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT