ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Giants 2020 Season Thread

Daniel Jones had the most turnovers per game after last week......and now 2 more turnovers.
(Ok sure maybe the fumble wasn't his fault. That terrible INT was.)

Is Jones even the #3 QB in the divison?

If the Giants get the #1 pick that means they went at best 3-13?
Gettleman is gone.
New GM/Judge have to seriously consider Trevor.

Jones would have no connection to either the GM or HC.
He would also most likely have continued his historic turnover stats.

Rebuilds don’t take 4-5 years.
Elite QBs are MVP candidates after 2-3 years.
Mahomes, Lamar, Watson, Dak, Josh Allen (ya he is).
Wentz was MVP leader until his injury in his 2nd year.
Goff went to the SB his 3rd year.

Kyler Murray might be the favorite for MVP this year in his 2nd year (same draft as Jones).

It does take 4-5 years if you don’t know what the hell you're doing .

Daniel Jones had the most turnovers per game after last week......and now 2 more turnovers.
(Ok sure maybe the fumble wasn't his fault. That terrible INT was.)

Is Jones even the #3 QB in the divison?

Ugh as much as I want Jones to work out wtf with these turnovers. I had a feeling they were gonna bench Jones around week 4. I hope Jones works out. If he dosent it sets the franchise back two years. Cmon Jones!!

Ugh as much as I want Jones to work out wtf with these turnovers. I had a feeling they were gonna bench Jones around week 4. I hope Jones works out. If he dosent it sets the franchise back two years. Cmon Jones!!

C'mon OL!!!

Giants season is already over. They played against a team who lost 7 starters last week like they're going 0-17 this year. They might be tanking for Trevor after all.

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Ok I've seen some bad Giants teams dating back to when I 1st started watching them in 1978 as a young boy. This is rivaling some of the worst I've ever seen.

Giants season is already over. They played against a team who lost 7 starters last week like they're going 0-17 this year. They might be tanking for Trevor after all.

They haven't played anyone in the NFC East yet. Weakest division in the league this year year.

Watching the Giants game today I couldn't help but think that they must consider themselves very fortunate that there are no fans in the stands to boo them all game long.
What a bad team.

They haven't played anyone in the NFC East yet. Weakest division in the league this year year.

Um yeah... Giants got blown out by 2nd teamers. How you think they'd do vs Eagles and Cowboys? Even DC would slap them.

Um yeah... Giants got blown out by 2nd teamers. How you think they'd do vs Eagles and Cowboys? Even DC would slap them.

1. I disagree with respect to Philly and DC.

2. Do you think Trevor would have made a scintilla of difference today? I don't. This team has much bigger problems than QB.

1. I disagree with respect to Philly and DC.

2. Do you think Trevor would have made a scintilla of difference today? I don't. This team has much bigger problems than QB.
No. They need all of the o and d linemen they can get. But if Gettleman is fired, the new GM would want his own guy. So theres that possibility if they have the No 1 pick.

How do I find all the posts about the "improved culture" the Giants were getting from trading away "distractions"?

Well the Special Teams coach to Head coach route surely isn't working. Hey, someone had to try it, so the other 31 teams know what not to do. It's time for Gettleman to retire and focus on his health.

How do I find all the posts about the "improved culture" the Giants were getting from trading away "distractions"?

just saw this . I didn’t follow the Tate-Ramsey saga. But I did hear the fox announcers cryptically say the two had issues. But that was all they said and didn’t even give basic information as to what those issues were or are. Weak . What the is the point of announcers

just saw this . I didn’t follow the Tate-Ramsey saga. But I did hear the fox announcers cryptically say the two had issues. But that was all they said and didn’t even give basic information as to what those issues were or are. Weak . What the is the point of announcers

I saw online.
Something about Ramsey having 2 kids with Tate's sister.
But they broke up over the summer or something.

Nice premeditated fight.
Great "culture".

I saw online.

Nice premeditated fight.
Great "culture".

Yes . That’s how I found out too. My point is those announcers shocks have at least touched on it

Reactions: NickRU714
I saw online.

Nice premeditated fight.
Great "culture".
He got Tate's sister pregnant and left her right after they found out. Real stand up guy that Jalen Ramsey. Pretty much a scumbag who's lucky he's good at playing with a ball.

Reactions: Section124
I saw online.

Nice premeditated fight.
Great "culture".
Did you see Ramsey body slam Tate during the game? I don't think that reflects on the "Giants" culture. Ramsey is a dick.

Reactions: koleszar
I actually think the team is playing very hard. They just don't have the talent. That is on Gettleman. He sucks.

Next 3 weeks against the NFL East, and we find out just how bad they are. I saw improvement this week on both sides, but they are short of talent. The OL getting 4 games together didn't hurt, but they in particular have talent issues.

I like Jones but he needs to figure out how to finish drives and how to finish games. Not crazy to think we could be 2-2 right now. I know he's getting no help from the running game and the WR's are a weak bunch as well, but we've been right there a couple times and he wasn't able to make a play, and even worse turned the ball over.

Wonder how much of not learning to win games dates back to his time at Duke.

D has been solid in 3 of the 4 games this years.

I like Jones but he needs to figure out how to finish drives and how to finish games. Not crazy to think we could be 2-2 right now. I know he's getting no help from the running game and the WR's are a weak bunch as well, but we've been right there a couple times and he wasn't able to make a play, and even worse turned the ball over.

Wonder how much of not learning to win games dates back to his time at Duke.

D has been solid in 3 of the 4 games this years.

Think not finishing drives and games might have something to do with getting no help from the running game and a weak group of receivers?

Think not finishing drives and games might have something to do with getting no help from the running game and a weak group of receivers?
The interception in the red zone near the end of the game today was on him. The pick in the red zone in game 1 was on him.

And let's not forget the fumbling.

I noted the lack of help he is getting, but there are certainly legit criticisms of how Jones is playing this season.

The interception in the red zone near the end of the game today was on him. The pick in the red zone in game 1 was on him.

And let's not forget the fumbling.

I noted the lack of help he is getting, but there are certainly legit criticisms of how Jones is playing this season.

Brady threw a pick 6 yesterday. Yes, he has to improve his protection of the ball. He should recognize he's going to get blind sided in the pocket a lot more than the average NFL QB.

With the Giants OL, I think there has been a classic case of asking players to do things they aren't good at. How did Solder star at NE and suck for NYG? The NFL is in love with zone blocking, but a lot of OL suck at it. They might master it in practice, and fool coaches into thinking they have things down, but other coaches know how to confuse them and stuff them. NE uses zone blocking but in the no huddle where defenses cant scheme

Harry Hiestand is available for OL Coach.

Hire him and the line will be fixed.

But OL must be a PRIORITY always for the psych and ego of the QB to be the STAR.

When the Gints were good with Eli they had the OL to protect him and make him millions.

In defense of OC Garrett, I'm almost certain OC Kill and OC McN ran similar plays and they were "great" offensive coordinators........

Interception at the end of the game was a really good play / diving catch by the DB.....that being said, Jones could have ran for the 1st down....then had several plays to throw to the end zone to finish out the game. Giants have a tough schedule this year, so not expecting much the rest of the way.....hopefully I'm wrong.

Interception at the end of the game was a really good play / diving catch by the DB.....that being said, Jones could have ran for the 1st down....then had several plays to throw to the end zone to finish out the game. Giants have a tough schedule this year, so not expecting much the rest of the way.....hopefully I'm wrong.

Next 3 weeks against the NFC Least

ADVERTISEMENT