ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Jets 2020 Season Thread

Tango Two

Aug 21, 2001
North Brunswick, New Jersey
zbelkdbycw4njvitoj4j.jpg

he was cut yesterday, team said unnrelated
I didn't know he JUST got cut, thought he was a e-Jet longer than that, that said, I find it hard to believe its unrelated, has to be a reason the Jets are saying this, I'm sure Bellamy was being investigated for a period of time, someone surly tipped the Jets off what was coming.

I didn't know he JUST got cut, thought he was a e-Jet longer than that, that said, I find it hard to believe its unrelated, has to be a reason the Jets are saying this, I'm sure Bellamy was being investigated for a period of time, someone surly tipped the Jets off what was coming.
Idk they don't have reason to lie about it. He was on the PUP still and they likely saw he wasn't going to be ready and didn't want to pay his ass. Makes sense to me.

Reactions: Ronnie_B
What a f#cking low-life, scamming the CARES Act and deserving Americans. Would be kind of a fun irony if he goes to jail and contracts COVID there.

You want to see the performance of a team w/o an offensive line? This is it. Makes me worry about Rutgers.

This is going to be a long, rough season for the Jets. Adam Gase is the NFL version of Ash.
At least Rutgers has the defense that Ash was a very effective DC and they just predicted incorrectly that he could make the jump to Head Coach and run a program.

The Jets hired Gase AFTER they saw what happened at Miami, where he lost the team and players were clamoring to get out of there.

So far, Darnold hasn't shown he's improving as a 3rd year starting QB. Gase is supposed to be an offensive guru. Gase seems to be on the same level as Ash's offenses at Rutgers. Gase can't blame anyone other than himself for the performance of his team. A typical expectation of NY teams. They are overvalued franchises that always underperform.

Gase is awful. Someone explain to me how Sam is the answer. I just don’t see it. Either get him a new HC or weapons but I keep waiting for him to make a step up and it doesn’t happen.

Gase is awful. Someone explain to me how Sam is the answer. I just don’t see it. Either get him a new HC or weapons but I keep waiting for him to make a step up and it doesn’t happen.
First game of the year with no preseason, a totally revamped OL, and his most dangerous weapon gone. I am willing to give Sam a bit more slack. (Not that I get a vote.) If a month from now we are having this same discussion, that would be seriously no bueno.

First game of the year with no preseason, a totally revamped OL, and his most dangerous weapon gone. I am willing to give Sam a bit more slack. (Not that I get a vote.) If a month from now we are having this same discussion, that would be seriously no bueno.
Fair assessment but when I see much more potential and productivity from Josh Allen and Daniel Jones, it’s worrisome. It may not be Sam but his HC and lack of weapons which to the life of me I can’t understand why they didn’t try to upgrade much more in the draft and free agency.

Could've been worse. Could've drafted Josh Rosen. Which I admit is what I wanted them to do - wouldn't have had to trade up!

Gase is a nightmare. He's supposed to be putting Darnold in the best position to succeed. He's doing the opposite. As a lifelong Jets fan and STH since 1987, the organization is so inept. Darnold is young (23) and will be a top-notch QB in the league. It won't be with the Jets if Gase remains at the helm.

Jets should be trying to contact Urban Myer and dump Gase.Agree 100% that the owners of Jets didnt go out and upgrade the OL or WR position thru free agency.
Jets= Mets.

Jets Mets and Knicks...they never cease to entertain by their ineptness

True. Yet he's somehow managed to get 2 NFL head coaching jobs.
Perhaps Gase is great at interviews?

"I Interviewed a number of candidates after filtering through that, and I will tell you, it just became clear very early in that process that Chris Ash was the right person," Hobbs said. "In 25 years in higher education, he's the single best interview I've had with any individual. And I say that not because it was a polish or like an interview technique."

😀

Reactions: RU_kidding_me
As a Dolphins fan it pains when to say this, but the Jets have to be the odds on favorite in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes, forget they're a terrible team, but coming in they have the second toughest schedule in the NFL, it's brutal actually. Based on what I saw Sunday, I just don't see them winning more than two games.

We can close this thread now. Season is over unless gase is fired.
I think it can get real ugly Sunday for the Jets, the Niners are an angry bunch after a bad loss and if they whip the Jets, you might see the cord get cut then.

I think it can get real ugly Sunday for the Jets, the Niners are an angry bunch after a bad loss and if they whip the Jets, you might see the cord get cut then.
You think it could be that quick? I figured earliest would be after game 4.

Jets should be trying to contact Urban Myer and dump Gase.Agree 100% that the owners of Jets didnt go out and upgrade the OL or WR position thru free agency.
Jets= Mets.

Agree. How can Darnold be successful with the Jets with this OL and WR’s? They look like the worst team in the NFL right now.

Fire Gase during the season and let Joe Douglas rebuild Jets from the ground up.

Agree. How can Darnold be successful with the Jets with this OL and WR’s? They look like the worst team in the NFL right now.

Fire Gase during the season and let Joe Douglas rebuild Jets from the ground up.
And rb situation... bell was a hail mary attempt at solving the position that hasn't worked. But to have an ancient backup rather than a younger understudy is idiotic.

Great spread if you want action on the niners.

Hehe...the jets are like the knicks of the NFL...so fun to watch.

They hired away Miami’s crappy coach and they have more than earned their mocking!

Reactions: T2Kplus10
ADVERTISEMENT