ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Jets 2020 Season Thread

Agree. How can Darnold be successful with the Jets with this OL and WR’s? They look like the worst team in the NFL right now.

Fire Gase during the season and let Joe Douglas rebuild Jets from the ground up.
The thing is, you can ruin a young QB and the Jets seem to be well on the way to that with Darnold.

Yes, their line sucks and he gets too much pressure, but it was a bad sign on Sunday that he did badly on plays even where he didn't (probably because playing for the Jets has trained him to worry about the pressure on every play).

Gase has to go, tthen the strategy needs to be:

• If Darnold leads this team with this schedule to enough wins that one of the top QBs isn't available to them in draft, then you use the picks to continue to build around him

• If they end up so bad they have a top pick, cut bait and draft another QB.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Same reasons why college coaches at the top of their profession have left for the NFL for decades. Because the NFL is the NFL.
The problem is that the NFL is the NFL, but the Jets organization seems to be playing a different game, known only to them.

The problem is that the NFL is the NFL, but the Jets organization seems to be playing a different game, known only to them.
Talk solace you're not the only one playing a different game. The Giants are there to give you company. I never thought anyone could be worse than Reese but Gettleman is taking the prize in a run away.

Talk solace you're not the only one playing a different game. The Giants are there to give you company. I never thought anyone could be worse than Reese but Gettleman is taking the prize in a run away.

Gettleman is going to give Matt Millen a run for his money as the worst GM of all time.

Reactions: koleszar
Sanu getting lots of playing time for the 49ers just signing him a few days ago. Wearing #14

Half of the 49ers went down with injuries, but they still lead the Jets 31-6.

The Jets are officially on the clock.

Reactions: koleszar
First question for Gase in post-game presser should be - if the 49ers didn't have half their starting team injured, how bad do you think the score would have been?

Stone cold lock of the week was SF -7 over the helpless Jets.

Since the acting Jets owner says that HC Adam Gase is ”brilliant” can we officially blame the current situation on former GM Mike Mccagnan?

Hoping for much better from Joe Douglas. He needs to gut this roster imo.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Stone cold lock of the week was SF -7 over the helpless Jets.

Since the acting Jets owner says that Adam Gase is ”brilliant” can we officially blame the current situation on former GM Mike Mccagnan?
yup easy money.

If the Jets get the 1 pick in the draft next year, would they take Trevor Lawrence? I can’t see how you pass on him because I still don’t see anything with Sam albeit he has no weapons. They ll get offers galore for the 1 pick in the draft but franchise qbs like Lawrence are few and far in between.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
If the Jets get the 1 pick in the draft next year, would they take Trevor Lawrence? I can’t see how you pass on him because I still don’t see anything with Sam albeit he has no weapons. They ll get offers galore for the 1 pick in the draft but franchise qbs like Lawrence are few and far in between.
AZ did it

Arizona did it with Rosen.
They dumped him after 1 year to take Kyler #1 and that is looking like a great decision so far.

Question is how the new HC views Trevor.

Sadly - Giants may have to make the same decision between Trevor and Jones.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Wow, Sanu played A LOT ! Great to see. They sure know he is willing to block to get others open.

Id make a trade down... nothing out of the top 5, but take a 1st, 2nd and bunch of other picks. Really need to rebuild the roster

Jets season is over so look to the future. They already have 4 1s the next 2 years. If you end up with the first pick — and it’s looking that way — it’ll be a tough decision. TL would bring back at least 2 #1s and 2 #2s. If the Jets believe in Darnold they could put 6 more #1 picks on this team before his contract is even up. Even if they don’t build around TL with a bunch of 1s. A rare opportunity. But, Jets need the right HC. Gase won’t make the end of the season. I like the Harbaugh idea.

Reactions: redking
Jets season is over so look to the future. They already have 4 1s the next 2 years. If you end up with the first pick — and it’s looking that way — it’ll be a tough decision. TL would bring back at least 2 #1s and 2 #2s. If the Jets believe in Darnold they could put 6 more #1 picks on this team before his contract is even up. Even if they don’t build around TL with a bunch of 1s. A rare opportunity. But, Jets need the right HC. Gase won’t make the end of the season. I like the Harbaugh idea.
That was my point. You can take TL and have him playing with generally the same roster of retreads and bench fodder, or you can trade down, take the next QB on deck and restock with a few extra premium picks.

Reactions: redking
31 teams with the 1st pick would take Trevor Lawrence but the Jets??? They could be that stupid.

31 teams with the 1st pick would take Trevor Lawrence but the Jets??? They could be that stupid.
Trevor Lawrence would perform in a similar fashion because the talent still stinks as well as the HC and ownership. That's where the problem starts and ends.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT