ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Jets 2020 Season Thread

Jets calling time outs. Gase trying to milk every possible second out of his tenure as Jet coach.

I don't remember any Jets team worse than this one. I blame China.

Not trying to shovel dirt on the Jets, but:

The 1996 New York Jets season was the franchise's 27th season in the National Football League and the 37th overall. They failed to improve upon its league-worst 3–13 record from 1995 as they finished 1–15, which is the worst record in franchise history. This led to the firing of head coach Rich Kotite before the season ended with a record of 1–15.

I don't remember any Jets team worse than this one. I blame China.

You're probably right. I always thought the 1-15 Kotite Jets of 1996 were the worst but I went back to look at that squad. In addition to their one win , seven out of their 15 losses were by 7 points or less. Don't see that happening with this team.
After watching him for two years what exactly does Adam Gaze do on the sidelines? Whenever they showed him last year he was staring out to the field playing with his beard. This year, because of the masks, he can't do that so all you see him do is write on his playsheets. In two years I can count on the fingers of one hand when I actually saw him talking to a player.
Clueless.

Not trying to shovel dirt on the Jets, but:

The 1996 New York Jets season was the franchise's 27th season in the National Football League and the 37th overall. They failed to improve upon its league-worst 3–13 record from 1995 as they finished 1–15, which is the worst record in franchise history. This led to the firing of head coach Rich Kotite before the season ended with a record of 1–15.
That was the Keyshawn Johnson "Just give me the damn ball" year. Then came Parcells and we were happy for awhile.

Looks like the JETS just sent everyone home. Might be best for fans to have a few days reprieve from watching them this weekend.

• Haha
Reactions: anon_ivydyf0amkzay
Constant Gloom and Doom until the next dem pres victory.

Risky way to live ur life imo.
Worrying about touchdowns and field goals in the midst of the greatest pandemic in this country in 100 years is just plain stupid.

Worrying about touchdowns and field goals in the midst of the greatest pandemic in this country in 100 years is just plain stupid.
Come on. What you're suggesting is that no one should take interest in anything other than Covid related issues. That life shouldn't go on until the pandemic is over. With your thinking we'll have more suicides than Covid deaths in a matter of months.

Come on. What you're suggesting is that no one should take interest in anything other than Covid related issues. That life shouldn't go on until the pandemic is over. With your thinking we'll have more suicides than Covid deaths in a matter of months.
I spoke only in regards to football. Strange that you think the Jets or Giants playing this weekend will in any way reduce the number of suicides.

Reactions: Doctor Worm

Gov. Murphy is allowing us to worry about HS, College and Professional football "in the midst of the greatest pandemic in this country in 100 years".

You should direct anger at him for allowing football in the first place.

If Gov. Murphy says HS, College and Professional football is safe to play - that works for me and I'll worry about football.

Reactions: RuBird and koleszar
Gov. Murphy is allowing us to worry about HS, College and Professional football "in the midst of the greatest pandemic in this country in 100 years".

You should direct anger at him for allowing football in the first place.
There's plenty to go around.
And schools that have no in-person classes yet are working on those touchdowns and field goals are so laughable.

Jets update:

1. New York Jets: Trevor Lawrence, QB, Clemson
There's no question that the Jets would select Trevor Lawrence if they landed and kept the first pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. There's was a smaller chance they'd trade the selection, but in the wake of Sam Darnold's struggles, it's more likely that they'd remain atop the draft and go with the best quarterback prospect we've seen in years.

The truth is that Darnold has regressed over the years. He looked lost in the opener versus the Bills, and then he threw two pick-sixes at Indianapolis. I blame Adam Gase, but Darnold is at fault as well. I imagine the Jets would treat Darnold like Josh Rosen, trading him for a second-round selection and then taking a new quarterback first overall. It worked for Arizona.

Lawrence is the favorite to be the No. 1 pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. He has it all, and that includes size (6-6, 215), a big arm, accuracy and mobility.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Getting Lawrence doesn't do anything other than get another QB hurt and regress because a dysfunctional organization. There is a lack of talent along the line, at the skill positions and coaching. It doesn't matter if the Jets had Johnny U or Joe Montana, the organization is voided of most things that matter.

Last edited:
Has Gase been fired yet? I probably wouldn't have let him make it back down the tunnel to the locker room without a pink slip yesterday.

Getting Lawrence doesn't do anything other than get another QB hurt and regress because a dysfunctional organization. There is a lack of talent along the line, at the skill positions and coaching. It doesn't matter if the Jets had Johnny U or Joe Montana, the organization is voided of most things that matter.
The only hope is that when Douglas gets to pick his own coach, and continues to develop the team, things will be different. At least he recognized that the Jets needed to do a lot with their OL when previous regimes neglected it for years. His IOL signings have not played that well but the Bection pick and Fant signing both look to be good moves.

The Jets could also help Lawrence to adjust in a big way. They have Seattle's first rounder which will be late and their own second which will be the first pick of that round. One of those picks has to be used to take Etienne. He may not be a WR but he is big in Clemson's passing game and his chemistry with Lawrence would be a big help in him adjusting to the Jets.

They can go 0-16 with him or without him. Not worth the headaches and give the rookie more carries. I'm sure he'll get picked up by a really good team and compete for a Super Bowl.

Reactions: T2Kplus20
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT