ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Jets 2020 Season Thread

I agree, but that's old school thinking, and people today are against this approach. Don't forget we are talking Jets here. They will figure a way to screw this up.
Also, teams have a problem with paying that high first round draft pick salary to someone who's going to be a backup.

Leaving the shitcago area and Illinois in general would be a win by itself for Pat

Ok the Jets defensive coordinator should never be a defensive coordinator ever again on any level. Had his DB's playing 8 yds. off with 13 secs. left no timeouts for LV, who cares if they get an underneath pass. They need to go what 45 to 50 yds. and only a TD does it. They might be able to spike and might not. But still who cares play back.

If they would have done that and played off the line enough to keep the receivers underneath they probably win this game and in so doing so screwed up one of the most important 1st round draft picks since possibly getting Namath 👀 .

Reactions: Goku
As a long time Giants fan I hope the Jets get the 1st pick in the draft. Hello TL.

Ok the Jets defensive coordinator should never be a defensive coordinator ever again on any level. Had his DB's playing 8 yds. off with 13 secs. left no timeouts for LV, who cares if they get an underneath pass. They need to go what 45 to 50 yds. and only a TD does it. They might be able to spike and might not. But still who cares play back.
The ironic thing is that on the previous play, the Jets were in a standard Cover 2 and were badly beaten deep, but the pass to the end zone was overthrown. Dodged a bullet. So what do they do? Switch to Cover 0. Rushed seven, kept a spy on Carr, only dropped three into coverage. That can work in that situation if it is well disguised. It wasn't. The Raiders read it and went to max protect. Carr felt the edge pressure, stepped up into the pocket, and this time he didn't miss the throw.

The damnedest thing about that play IMO was putting a spy on Carr. Did they really think he was going to run for a touchdown?

Whew! Thought we were going to blow it... we remain the leaders in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Was hoping the Jags would beat the Vikings.
What scares me is last game of the year vs Pats. if Pats are out of it, they'll tank so Jets do not get TL.

Reactions: hankee18
Boomer this morning dropping big hints that Bill Cowher might be interested in the Jets job next season

Reactions: hankee18
What a 24 hours for the Jets. The play call really makes you wonder if that was intentional to blow the game. It makes beyond zero sense.

As the above poster mentioned Boomer was spending hours today talking up Cowher. He is close friends with cowher and works closely with him each week so highly doubt he would randomly drop these rumors of potential internet in Cowhers behalf.
wih that said. Cowher would be 64 next season and would have not coached any football in 13 seasons. He has literally been sitting in the couch.

Worse defensive call I can remember. I like the Rodney Harrison take. "Gase and Williams are lucky I'm not the owner because they would be fired today."

I saw somewhere that Gregg Williams has done all out blitzes on previous Hail Mary situations, so based on that I don't think they tried to blow it on purpose, besides, what good would it do the current coaches? None of them are probably coming back next year and if anything having a 0-16 season on your resume is bad optics, the motivation for them to win a game has to be strong for the current coaching staff.

I saw somewhere that Gregg Williams has done all out blitzes on previous Hail Mary situations, so based on that I don't think they tried to blow it on purpose, besides, what good would it do the current coaches? None of them are probably coming back next year and if anything having a 0-16 season on your resume is bad optics, the motivation for them to win a game has to be strong for the current coaching staff.
I saw the same on SC. Only difference was in those situations they always seemed to have safety help. They weren't sending 7-8 people but looked like 6. Either way it's ridiculous. Williams should be fired now, less so because the specific call but because there's been riffs between him and Gase and Gase was visibly upset afterwards.

what a train wreck.

I Actually turned the game off when LV failed on 4th down...
I could NOT believe it when i saw Jets lost

I don't think 1-15 instead of 0-16 looks much better on one's resume.

Have you not been paying attention the past 50 years? At least he didn't play for USC. That would guarantee his collapse in green.
It’s the NFL. Rosters turn over every year. Even the browns and bills are good this year. The right coach with tons of picks and salary cap space and a solid qb and the sky is the limit.
Terrible organizations in football turn it around all the time with the right combo of qb and coach.
Look at the saints for the 20 years before Brees and Payton or the Seahawks before Russell and Carroll

the saints made the playoffs 1 time in 13 years before Payton and Brees got there. They were terrible

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Superfan is right. If (and I get it's a big "if") they hire the right coach this team can turn around fast. They have 3 picks in the top 33 this draft and 2 #1s in 2022. Assuming they take Lawrence at 1 that means they'll have at least 4 other high impact players. Becton will be All Pro so we already have the LT, and Mims is a player. I like Crowder too in the slot. They have the most money available in free agency. Sign a free agent WR like Allen Robinson and get a TE and this team looks very different next year.

Reactions: superfan01
The Jets have been horrible for how many years? Everything thing they touched have gone to shread. I would go back to Clemson or demand a trade if I was Trevor Lawrence.
Franchises don't ruin players. Bad coaches do. Bring in the right coach, problem solved.

And no, I don't want to hear about Peyton Manning. Just maybe, Manning may sometimes wonder how many rings he'd have if he had been willing to play for Parcells/Belichick (whom I believe would have stayed with the Jets if Manning were there.)

Superfan is right. If (and I get it's a big "if") they hire the right coach this team can turn around fast. They have 3 picks in the top 33 this draft and 2 #1s in 2022. Assuming they take Lawrence at 1 that means they'll have at least 4 other high impact players. Becton will be All Pro so we already have the LT, and Mims is a player. I like Crowder too in the slot. They have the most money available in free agency. Sign a free agent WR like Allen Robinson and get a TE and this team looks very different next year.
This. The Jets have so much to work with. It will be an attractive job. Now the question is does the Johnson family make the right hire. That is the issue. And quite frankly, thats my biggest concern.
but the Jets as they sit here right now on appear can become pretty damn good rather quickly with what they have to work with.

Reactions: bitnez
Super fan is right. The two most important things in the NFL are your QB and your coach. You nail those and everything else just works itself out.

Reactions: Doctor Worm
Super fan is right. The two most important things in the NFL are your QB and your coach. You nail those and everything else just works itself out.
That's why I feel so good (first time in lord knows when) about my Dolphins, seeing Brian Flores charging the Bengals sidelines yesterday with his players following him, ready to go to battle for their coach and seeing Tua throwing the ball like he's a dart champion, I'm pretty pumped up and it starts at the HC and QB for sure.

Whew! Thought we were going to blow it... we remain the leaders in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes.

Was hoping the Jags would beat the Vikings.
+1
And as a Raiders fans, thank for going Jets. This would have been an embarrassing loss for us!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT