ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Mets Season

yesrutgers01

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 9, 2008
OK- looks like the HotStove is over and why keep adding to an 8 page Thread- Time for the season to start and talk in here.
I even welcome some fun with the Yankees as long as it is not the same two guys repeating the same thing page after page. I am hoping for a fast start by both teams so it really gets fun around here this year!
Lets Go Mets!

OK- looks like the HotStove is over and why keep adding to an 8 page Thread- Time for the season to start and talk in here.
I even welcome some fun with the Yankees as long as it is not the same two guys repeating the same thing page after page. I am hoping for a fast start by both teams so it really gets fun around here this year!
Lets Go Mets!
Good luck with that. Both teams have some good fans. Will never understand why a fan of one team has to start with putting down the other team, except for maybe they are just knuckle draggers. Good luck to both teams.

On the Mets, Matz has not looked good this spring, while Harvey has looked decent. Have not followed Spring training closely enough to know the progress of Thor and de Grom.

My concern with Harvey is that it 'sounds' - I havent seen it myself, that he is missing his spots. Harvey has to be hitting the black and getting those calls in order to have a good season.

I continue to not understand why player personnel puts all their money on guys who may never again be 100%.

As for the Yankee fans...I look at it from both sides like a tailgate. I love when fans of the opposing team can be in the space right next to us and it ends up merging into one big party where we can bust each others balls but also have some good discussion.
Come in here and bust our balls, come in here and have some baseball talk but also come in with at least a semblance of respect as well too and have fun. I have posted in the Yankee thread many times and have yet to have anyone take offense with me. We have a couple of guys that are Mets fans go in there and just sound dumb and annoying and they have a couple of guys and honey producing idiots that you know will come in here and do the same thing and worse yet, keep repeating it over and over and derail the whole thread, get booted out and then complain about it.
No need for that crap on either side...Never really understood it..small penis thing I guess because none of us play for either team and our livelihood doesn't depend on it.
Now, for our MARLIN friend...glad they had pitchers and catcher report early because their other players reported to camps everywhere but Miami!!!

Reactions: cicero grimes
Good luck with that. Both teams have some good fans. Will never understand why a fan of one team has to start with putting down the other team, except for maybe they are just knuckle draggers. Good luck to both teams.

On the Mets, Matz has not looked good this spring, while Harvey has looked decent. Have not followed Spring training closely enough to know the progress of Thor and de Grom.
Don't worry about how Matz looks. He will sneeze soon and go on the 90-day DL.

I continue to not understand why player personnel puts all their money on guys who may never again be 100%.

Because they love a bargain. We don't go out and get the A+ talent we always settle for the B or C guy. It's ownership and front office feeds right into it.

A offense a lot will depend on health of our outfielders and how things go at 1B and C...We seem to be pretty set and solid at 2B, SS, 3B and the 3 OF spots if we stay healthy. The fact that Reyes does not need to be relied on as a starter is great, I think he is a great fillin and bench guy to have on the team. Flores is another guy that I am not sure if I would be happy if we had to rely on him but to find him 350-400 abs somewhere is great. If starters hold up and so do a couple of our outfielders, we should push for at least a wild card. Also helps that outside of the Nationals, the rest of the East sux.

Whether they realize it or not it makes them look nerdy and weird. Especially on here.

Btw, Wall Recreation sponsored a bus trip to Citi Field last year. Went with my Dad and my older boy. Nice night. Got a hat out of it too.

Mets fans still give their hard earned money to the Coupons?

They should not buy tickets from the team but from ticket resellers like Stubhub .

And also eat before games or bring food in.
Starve the Coupons into selling the ballclub.

They will not spend your money on better players like the Yanks do.

Last edited:
A offense a lot will depend on health of our outfielders and how things go at 1B and C...We seem to be pretty set and solid at 2B, SS, 3B and the 3 OF spots if we stay healthy. The fact that Reyes does not need to be relied on as a starter is great, I think he is a great fillin and bench guy to have on the team. Flores is another guy that I am not sure if I would be happy if we had to rely on him but to find him 350-400 abs somewhere is great. If starters hold up and so do a couple of our outfielders, we should push for at least a wild card. Also helps that outside of the Nationals, the rest of the East sux.

Rosario tried to run today and is still feeling pain. Guaranteed that Reyes will be Opening Day starter with our luck.

Mets fans still give their hard earned money to the Coupons?

They should not buy tickets from the team but from ticket resellers like Stubhub .

And also eat before games or bring food in.
Starve the Coupons into selling the ballclub.

They will not spend your money on better players like the Yanks do.
Wow, first thing you've said I totally agree with.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
They should just put Matz in the bullpen as a middle reliever. He can't stay healthy long enough as a starter. May be better off as a Jerry Blevins type.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I don't kow why I torture myself year after year but:
LETS GO METS!!!
I'm a Yankee fan but a huge baseball fan too. Have the MLB Extra Innings package. Watch baseball everyday. Last year by late June I just couldn't watch Mets games any longer. Hopefully they stay healthy this year and are back in my rotation.

I'm a Yankee fan but a huge baseball fan too. Have the MLB Extra Innings package. Watch baseball everyday. Last year by late June I just couldn't watch Mets games any longer. Hopefully they stay healthy this year and are back in my rotation.
I have the MLB At Bat app through T-Mobile but still can't watch Mets/Yanks games on it because of that stupid blackout rule. I watch some pretty good matchup if I'm not doing anything else, esp those west coast games. But I just hope that with the new coaching staff and trainers that the Mets can get the job done this year and get a WC spot. If it' the same old ish, I wouldn't know how long I can keep watching these asshat owners and GM drag this team down.

And while we don't always agree on things...you are the type of Yankee poster that I like...able to bust balls, have balls busted and actually hopes to have great local baseball so that the season is just great all the way around. Never understood a fan of Yankees or Mets that wants the other team to suck. Why is that any fun or exciting?

And while we don't always agree on things...you are the type of Yankee poster that I like...able to bust balls, have balls busted and actually hopes to have great local baseball so that the season is just great all the way around. Never understood a fan of Yankees or Mets that wants the other team to suck. Why is that any fun or exciting?
Except for Boston there really isnt any other team I root against. I do have long time favorites Cubs, Phillies, Dodgers (sure miss Vin Scully :() and will be watching more Astros games this season.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
It's funny, but you start following some odd teams on MLB due to circumstances. As a Cubs fan, I felt like I knew the Brewers just as much as I did my own team last year. Living in this area, I have to catch all the Mets and Yankees games locally. Love listening to Darling and Hernandez.

It's funny, but you start following some odd teams on MLB due to circumstances. As a Cubs fan, I felt like I knew the Brewers just as much as I did my own team last year. Living in this area, I have to catch all the Mets and Yankees games locally. Love listening to Darling and Hernandez.
Keith is a bit long-winded. Darling is top notch. Cohen is the glue that holds that booth together.

Yes all different reasons to follow other teams or ignore. Never tune in Rays or Marlins when they are home. Both stadiums are just ugly even on TV.

Reactions: RUPete
Why is Steven Matz and his 54 ERA is given every opportunity to be in the rotation while Zack Wheeler and Seth Lugo and his 2.13 ERA has pitched better this spring?

Also Yankees minor league system is STACKED!!!!!!! GREAT looking young players so far.

Glad to be back home and able to turn on TV and watch Mets/Yanks in sunny Florida. Cracked a cold one and will worry about digging out later. Go Yanks.

Reactions: tico brown
Nice catch by the Yankees minor league center fielder.2-0 metsies
No wonder they're not airing the games....this ain't the Yankees.

Nice catch by the Yankees minor league center fielder.2-0 metsies
No wonder they're not airing the games....this ain't the Yankees.
It's on SNY. And unless you're at the stadium, how would you know what happened lol?

Welp... Game over with that Slam and say goodbye to Ty Kelly, Corey Taylor, and Rafael Montero.

It's on SNY. And unless you're at the stadium, how would you know what happened lol?

I meant YES airing the games.
Although watching today I doubt if I'll be watching any more Spring games, with a lineup full of guys you never heard of.
When do the actual Yankees start playing ?

Ditto except... Go Mets lol.
Yanks crush the Mets. They rule NYC. [winking]
For all preseason sports I couldn't care less about them especially results. But I do like watching baseball and the youngsters on most teams. I dont watch/care about any other sports exhibitions.

My brother is an usher for PT St. Lucie A better retirement job you will never find.He is a Yankee fan so he holds his breath and does his job.Says there is some talent there but they are missing the boat on the Latin players unlike the Yankees who have plundered the islands.Says Tebow is legitimately the nicest man on Earth but is not a baseball player.

ADVERTISEMENT