ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NY Mets Season

Looks like the Mets found the pitcher who will go to the bullpen when Vargas comes back... The Dark Knight is pitching like the 14 year old Bruce Wayne on TV.

Looks like the Mets found the pitcher who will go to the bullpen when Vargas comes back... The Dark Knight is pitching like the 14 year old Bruce Wayne on TV.
More like the Penguin. Bonus question (no looking). Who played the Penguin shown below?
bmpenguin.jpg

Nice work

You guys win a lunch date with Matt Harvey, as he will have nothing better to do in a couple of weeks. @RU4Real is buying, since he nailed it on TOS.

Harvey is just plain done. Hasn't gone past 5 in his last 11 starts.

Callaway is digging himself a SERIOUS hole with this rotation. He's got Matz and Harvey back to back. Matz is guaranteed to burn the bullpen in any of his starts, then you get to Harvey the next day and the pen has no fresh arms.

Like I said on TOS - Matz to the bullpen, Harvey to Greyhound. We need at least 1 new starter.

Callaway is digging himself a SERIOUS hole with this rotation. He's got Matz and Harvey back to back. Matz is guaranteed to burn the bullpen in any of his starts, then you get to Harvey the next day and the pen has no fresh arms.

Like I said on TOS - Matz to the bullpen, Harvey to Greyhound. We need at least 1 new starter.
Meanwhile, Wisler, a former reliever, is cutting through the Mets lineup.

Reactions: tico brown

Matz as #4, Lugo as #5 until Vargas comes back, Harvey to the pen.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Speaking of Reyes, any word on when TJ Rivera comes back from TJ surgery so that they can get rid of Reyes?

Speaking of Reyes, any word on when TJ Rivera comes back from TJ surgery so that they can get rid of Reyes?
Irrelevant. Reyes is the backup SS . TJ is not a SS. If the Mets decide Reyes can't cut it anymore, they'll either bring up Cecchini or Guillorme, or pick up a backup SS elsewhere.

But to answer your question, TJ is on the 60 day DL, so figure he's out at least through May. Probably longer.

Wow. Figueroa all over Harvey. He is usually more reserved. One of the things I miss about Bobby Ojeda on SNY is that he was brutally honest.

Hey, the Yankees are looking for a pitcher, maybe Mets trade Harvey for some talent. . . .
--------------

Former Mets pitcher and SNY analyst Nelson Figueroa is not buying that Matt Harvey had a "breakthrough" while allowing six runs in six innings against the Braves on Thursday night in Atlanta.
And with Harvey's rotation spot in jeopardy, Figueroa is not on board with his refusal to discuss any other role but starting pitcher.
"Almost to a fault, they let him be a starting pitcher, even when he was struggling terribly last year," Figueroa said Thursday night on SNY. "Even when he didn't have his best stuff."
Regarding the excuses, Figueroa was blunt.
"And we keep hearing, 'I don't have my best stuff, I don't have a feel. I don't have my mechanics.' There's so many little excuses and it's at that point where it's kind of running ragged. I can't really listen to the interviews anymore. And finding positives out of very small, minute things. If I heard that out of Chris Flexen, that my last two innings were pretty good and that's a huge step? Yes, welcome to the big leagues, kid. This is not where Matt Harvey should be thinking and focusing."

Video in the link:
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/figueroa-says-matt-harveys-excuses-are-running-ragged/273044490

Wow. Figueroa all over Harvey. He is usually more reserved. One of the things I miss about Bobby Ojeda on SNY is that he was brutally honest.

Hey, the Yankees are looking for a pitcher, maybe Mets trade Harvey for some talent. . . .
--------------

Former Mets pitcher and SNY analyst Nelson Figueroa is not buying that Matt Harvey had a "breakthrough" while allowing six runs in six innings against the Braves on Thursday night in Atlanta.
And with Harvey's rotation spot in jeopardy, Figueroa is not on board with his refusal to discuss any other role but starting pitcher.
"Almost to a fault, they let him be a starting pitcher, even when he was struggling terribly last year," Figueroa said Thursday night on SNY. "Even when he didn't have his best stuff."
Regarding the excuses, Figueroa was blunt.
"And we keep hearing, 'I don't have my best stuff, I don't have a feel. I don't have my mechanics.' There's so many little excuses and it's at that point where it's kind of running ragged. I can't really listen to the interviews anymore. And finding positives out of very small, minute things. If I heard that out of Chris Flexen, that my last two innings were pretty good and that's a huge step? Yes, welcome to the big leagues, kid. This is not where Matt Harvey should be thinking and focusing."

Video in the link:
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/figueroa-says-matt-harveys-excuses-are-running-ragged/273044490

Darling and Cohen were pretty tough on Harvey last night somewhere around the 5th inning. Darling made the point that, of all the guys who were aggressive, "go after it" pitchers who then had to re-learn their mechanics, "there are a lot more who didn't figure it out, than did". It sounds like everyone is coming around to what I've been saying. Like it or not, emotion and sentiment aside, Matt Harvey is done in this league as a starting pitcher. He's just not in that group, anymore.

Darling and Cohen were pretty tough on Harvey last night somewhere around the 5th inning. Darling made the point that, of all the guys who were aggressive, "go after it" pitchers who then had to re-learn their mechanics, "there are a lot more who didn't figure it out, than did". It sounds like everyone is coming around to what I've been saying. Like it or not, emotion and sentiment aside, Matt Harvey is done in this league as a starting pitcher. He's just not in that group, anymore.

Yankees are in the American League, which is a different league. He would fit right in on that staff.

Not sure I get what that means, but do you see Harvey as having a shot as a reliever?

I meant that a post that could be seen as disparaging the AL, and by extension the Yankees, would draw Kbee to this thread to do what Kbee do.

As for Harvey being a reliever... No, right now I don't see him as being anything. I would refer you back to Darling's quote. Harvey was an aggressive fastball pitcher who no longer has a fastball. He really doesn't have a killer pitch anymore. He got shelled last night in the first inning and again in the third. He can't be relied on to get an out.

Matz, on the other hand, could be a reliever, I think. He's a guy I would trust to take the ball in the 6th or 7th to give me two good innings and then hand the ball to Familia.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I meant that a post that could be seen as disparaging the AL, and by extension the Yankees, would draw Kbee to this thread to do what Kbee do.

As for Harvey being a reliever... No, right now I don't see him as being anything. I would refer you back to Darling's quote. Harvey was an aggressive fastball pitcher who no longer has a fastball. He really doesn't have a killer pitch anymore. He got shelled last night in the first inning and again in the third. He can't be relied on to get an out.

Matz, on the other hand, could be a reliever, I think. He's a guy I would trust to take the ball in the 6th or 7th to give me two good innings and then hand the ball to Familia.
Did not listen that closely last night.

And the Yankee thing was half joking/half serious. Was just wondering if the Mets dealt him (yeah, long shot on the Yankees, but he loves them and grew up a fan), perhaps he has value as a long reliever. But taking your comments, and those of Figueroa and Darling into account. He seems done.

His stats really went off the edge of a cliff after the 2015 season.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/31214/matt-harvey

Harvey is not the kind of guy the average fan could root for. Whereas Matz has kept his feet on the ground, and I am still pulling for him.

If the Mets lose Harvey and Matz, then there is Wheeler, who still needs to prove himself. Hopefully Vargas delivers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT