ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

Mets worst play yesterday went unnoticed because it did not cost them. Eighth inning, down six, first and second, no outs. Obviously you're playing station to station here. Cabrera singles sharply to left. Lagares, who is on second, picks up the early stop sign and pulls into third without making a turn. But Conforto, who is behind him, inexplicably keeps running. He is midway between second and third before he realizes what is happening and scrambles back to second. Fortunately the cutoff man could not handle the throw from the leftfielder, otherwise Conforto was a goner.

I can accept bad pitching, bad hitting, and bad fielding. I cannot accept stupid play. A bad reflection on the manager.

Mets worst play yesterday went unnoticed because it did not cost them. Eighth inning, down six, first and second, no outs. Obviously you're playing station to station here. Cabrera singles sharply to left. Lagares, who is on second, picks up the early stop sign and pulls into third without making a turn. But Conforto, who is behind him, inexplicably keeps running. He is midway between second and third before he realizes what is happening and scrambles back to second. Fortunately the cutoff man could not handle the throw from the leftfielder, otherwise Conforto was a goner.

I can accept bad pitching, bad hitting, and bad fielding. I cannot accept stupid play. A bad reflection on the manager.
So they had bases loaded no outs. How many runs did they get out of that? Zero? One maybe?

They got one run out of bases loaded no outs. Disappointing as you want at least two in that situation. But it happens all the time. In fact Wheeler was in the same situation in the first inning last night, and held the Rangers to one. Not clear what your point is.

Wheeler looks good, matz snd cesp back this week....... here come the regulars

Unless the Nationals studs develop all of these injuries and/or Dusty Baker have some of the same Terry Collins brain farts, Mets will not catch up to Washington. Gotta hope for the teams in front of them in the WC race to start dropping back to Earth.

They got one run out of bases loaded no outs. Disappointing as you want at least two in that situation. But it happens all the time. In fact Wheeler was in the same situation in the first inning last night, and held the Rangers to one. Not clear what your point is.
Who said I was trying to make a point? I was just wondering since I live in Georgia and no longer get to see many Mets games. Yet know how futile they often are in such situations.

Wheeler looks good, matz snd cesp back this week....... here come the regulars
Too bad Wheeler is only allowed to pitch another 60 innings this year. He's at 62 already and his limit I believe is 125.

Who said I was trying to make a point? I was just wondering since I live in Georgia and no longer get to see many Mets games. Yet know how futile they often are in such situations.
Mets have not been futile at all in such situations, at least not this year. They are hitting .292 with RISP, and a cool .300 with bases loaded.

The Mets blew a good outing by Harvey last night - threw 5 scoreless innings only to have them cough it up in the bottom of the ninth.

How you doin'!

Might as well expect this insanity for the rest of the year since the same thing is done over and over.

Stop it. SN jinx will go in effect. Was listening to Howie Rose last night who said Mets were .574 in W-L when Cespedes plays and in low .400s when he does not. Cespedes hurt again last night.

Stop it. SN jinx will go in effect. Was listening to Howie Rose last night who said Mets were .574 in W-L when Cespedes plays and in low .400s when he does not. Cespedes hurt again last night.
That is so true, and really I feel they should shut him down again, and bring up Rosario and Brown for excitement. Then when Cespedes is really ready,bring him back for the late push. I feel we are just one play from a season ending injury from him at this point.That would kill the momentum they are building,where as knowing he'll be back for the late season push would be a plus.

That is so true, and really I feel they should shut him down again, and bring up Rosario and Brown for excitement. Then when Cespedes is really ready,bring him back for the late push. I feel we are just one play from a season ending injury from him at this point.That would kill the momentum they are building,where as knowing he'll be back for the late season push would be a plus.
Cespedes reminds me of Paul James--explosive player who can make game changing plays, but very prone to injuries. Did Cespedes have many injuries prior to the Mets, or is this a new phenomenon?

Terry Collins on Cespedes: "It's very frustrating. It's always something else that's going to pop in and rear its head, and that's the case with this guy ... I know he wanted to stay in. He wasn't happy about coming out."

Terry channeling?
giphy.gif

Cabrera back to DL (after hitting 2 jacks) - give Cespedes a few hours and he will rejoin. :cry:

Another day - two more injuries. Harvey (at least Mets haven't re-signed for a billion yet), and Walker (with a sad tip of the cap for this one - ceaseless hamstring injuries led me to sadly pack in my softball 'career').

No, Cecchini wore #2 when he was up in September. You may be thinking of Darrell Ceciliani, who wore #1 when he was up for awhile in 2015.

Reactions: tico brown
How many teams times are we going to lose multiple players in one day. Seems multiple injuries happen to us all the time. We really need a change in the training and medical staff. I has to be more than just bad luck.

Reactions: tico brown
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT