ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

How many teams times are we going to lose multiple players in one day. Seems multiple injuries happen to us all the time. We really need a change in the training and medical staff. I has to be more than just bad luck.
Thank you. Even though this has been going on for years and I've been saying this for years, I would be a bitter bastard if I said what you said.

The injuries are just hard to believe. And time to say by to Reyes, tired of seeing him pop the ball up to the outfield. Bring Rosario up then.

Last edited:
Still time for Sandy to get off his ass and make a season turning trade. If nothing happens,and Rosario isn't the spark they need, then the only thing left for me is to watch the Yankees crash and burn,lol.:cry:

Still time for Sandy to get off his ass and make a season turning trade. If nothing happens,and Rosario isn't the spark they need, then the only thing left for me is to watch the Yankees crash and burn,lol.:cry:
The LAST thing I want to see is a season turning trade. I do not want to sacrifice the few tradeable assets the Mets have left. If the starting pitchers pitch as they can, the Mets can contend. If they don't, the Mets won't. No trade will change that.

Agree on watching the Yanks crash and burn though.[winking]

Anyone get hurt yet today? I know its only around 10 bu waiting for the next Met to fall out of bed or hurt his back picking up the paper.

Harvey and Lagares to DL as expected. Reynolds and Nimmo up. Mets thus return to the "standard" 12 man staff and 5 man bench for now. Expect that to change again on Tuesday, as they bring up a starter (Pill?) to take Harvey's turn.

If the Mets could start deGrom every other game, they might be in good shape. He's a better batter than Reyes.

Tough stretch coming up with 16 of 19 on the road, and 4 against the Dodgers.

Name the starting infield without Reyes with Walker and Cabrera on the DL.

3B-Flores
SS-??
2B- TJ Rivera
1B- Duda

Cecchini, Reyes and Reynolds is it. I'd take Reyes over Reynolds.
Rosario. But we know that will never happen. And get rid of Reyes when Cabrera and Walker get off the DL. TJ earned that spot to stay in NY

Reactions: Knight Shift
At this stage of his career, Reyes is a utility guy. I think that is TJ's ceiling. Not a criticism - for an undrafted free agent to carve out a career as a utility guy is remarkable! But if it gets to the point where you have to choose one of the two as a bench player, it has to be Reyes:
  • Switch hitter
  • Can pinch run
  • Can play shortstop.
  • Plus, Mets can send Rivera down and retain control over him, which they cannot do with Reyes.

At this stage of his career, Reyes is a utility guy. I think that is TJ's ceiling. Not a criticism - for an undrafted free agent to carve out a career as a utility guy is remarkable! But if it gets to the point where you have to choose one of the two as a bench player, it has to be Reyes:
  • Switch hitter
  • Can pinch run
  • Can play shortstop.
  • Plus, Mets can send Rivera down and retain control over him, which they cannot do with Reyes.
You may be correct regarding Rivera but I would like to see TJ play for an extended period. Sandy thought the same thing about Turner and he has killed it with the Dodgers.

Reactions: tico brown
It is amazing that the two teams who were even in the 2015 playoffs are so far apart just two years later. The Dodgers are still a good team while the Mets have evolved into the dumpster fire they are now. And if people still say that Mets impotence are only because of injuries are hopelessly lost.

Manager change time
When your team muster up 4 hits, why is it manager change time?
Conforto 0/2, 2K's
Cespedes 0/3
Bruce 1/4

Rookies Cecchini and T Rivera had 2/4 hits. T Rivera has a wet noodle for an arm and should never play 3B again.
Mets infield is a shell of its former self. Cabrera is error prone this year. With Cabrera and Walker both out, the Mets infield may be the worst in MLB.

Is this Terry's fault, or the GM's?

Reactions: Kbee3
Amazing how unspeakably bad this starting rotation is, when all the talk in February was which 2 would be forced to either move to relief or minors due to the abundance of 'excellence'.

Conforto 0/2, 2K's
Cespedes 0/3
Bruce 1/4

Rookies Cecchini and T Rivera had 2/4 hits. T Rivera has a wet noodle for an arm and should never play 3B again.
Mets infield is a shell of its former self. Cabrera is error prone this year. With Cabrera and Walker both out, the Mets infield may be the worst in MLB.

Plenty of reasons to fire Terry. Last night wasn't necessarily one of them. The team is decimated.

Terry use of bullpen this yr has been poor, team plays with no fire or edge. Injuries are not on terry but those playing look ok with the record we have. This is a team way better than its current record. A fire needs to be lit.... a few trades and a new manager.

Conforto 0/2, 2K's
Cespedes 0/3
Bruce 1/4

Looks like former breakout star Conforto will be batting 270. soon.

Terry use of bullpen this yr has been poor, team plays with no fire or edge. Injuries are not on terry but those playing look ok with the record we have. This is a team way better than its current record. A fire needs to be lit.... a few trades and a new manager.
But it's not TC's fault!!!!! <sarcasm>

ADVERTISEMENT