ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

I would scratch this up as a wtf year and keep alderson and Collins until at least next Memorial Day and see.

Terry use of bullpen this yr has been poor, team plays with no fire or edge. Injuries are not on terry but those playing look ok with the record we have. This is a team way better than its current record. A fire needs to be lit.... a few trades and a new manager.
I really do not know what to make of this. What "fire" are you looking for? Guys throwing bats and helmets when they strike out? Pitchers drilling guys after they give up homers?

The Mets problem is simple and it has nothing to do with fire or edge. It is that the starting pitching isn't getting it done. A few trades and a new manager is not going to help.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I would scratch this up as a wtf year and keep alderson and Collins until at least next Memorial Day and see.
This is Collins' final year on his contract. I cannot envision him getting a new one. However, I don't think he gets fired - I think he will be allowed to complete the season.

When your team muster up 4 hits, why is it manager change time?
Conforto 0/2, 2K's
Cespedes 0/3
Bruce 1/4

Rookies Cecchini and T Rivera had 2/4 hits. T Rivera has a wet noodle for an arm and should never play 3B again.
Mets infield is a shell of its former self. Cabrera is error prone this year. With Cabrera and Walker both out, the Mets infield may be the worst in MLB.

Is this Terry's fault, or the GM's?
fire terry because he makes terrible decisions all the time, and the players make dumb decisions all the time, more so than I have seen any mets team do in recent history, not too mention the lack of pride and desire the team plays with

Reactions: redking
Alderson deserves a lot of blame, and who wants Dick Scott as manager rest of year. Depending on Reyes to play third was just terrible decision.

Alderson deserves a lot of blame, and who wants Dick Scott as manager rest of year. Depending on Reyes to play third was just terrible decision.
Here's some insanity:
Mets considering moving Cabrera to 2B to keep Reyes at SS
https://www.sny.tv/mets/news/mets-considering-moving-cabrera-to-2b-to-keep-reyes-at-ss/237504322

This season is over. Unload Reyes, Cabrera and Walker. Bring up Cecchini and Rosario permanently. Wilmer 3B, Rosario/Cecchini/TJ Rivera SS/SB, Duda/Rivera 1B.

Or put Warthen at 3B, Collins at SS, Alderson at 2B and Tom Goodwin at 1B
----------------------------
Funny comments to linked story:
nymbg 1 hour ago
If you are trying to figure out a way to keep a .193 hitter in the lineup then you deserve to lose

Gerald C. La Voun from Facebook6 hours ago
Can Cabrera pitch?

One thing about being a Mets fan - when you think you've seen it all, there's always something new.

Last night - bottom 7, Mets down by only a run at 4-3. Dodgers load the bases with two out against Blevins, who has been their most consistent reliever all year. Scheduled hitter is Pedro Baez, their setup man who had pitched to one batter in the top of the 7th. Dodgers want him to pitch the 8th, so they let him hit - only his third AB in the major leagues.

And Blevins walks him to force in a run. On four pitches.

Can't make this shit up.

One thing about being a Mets fan - when you think you've seen it all, there's always something new.

Last night - bottom 7, Mets down by only a run at 4-3. Dodgers load the bases with two out against Blevins, who has been their most consistent reliever all year. Scheduled hitter is Pedro Baez, their setup man who had pitched to one batter in the top of the 7th. Dodgers want him to pitch the 8th, so they let him hit - only his third AB in the major leagues.

And Blevins walks him to force in a run. On four pitches.

Can't make this shit up.
You stayed up to watch that shit?
On the plus side, I have more free time in my evenings. I can't watch any more.

Reactions: Kbee3
It's amazing that the Mets, Dodgers, and Cubs were about even in 2015 but yet so far apart just two years later. Cubs are World Champs and the Dodgers have done well this year, esp in beating the Mets until the white meat showed. What a difference between how a competent front office and/or coaching staff work together and how a mediocre one does.

Face it, the Mets got lucky in 2015 because of injuries and incompetence to Washington, and it was just better than LA/Cubs. Difference was that LA, Washington, and Chicago improved one way or another while the Mets stayed put or stroked their egos into mediocrity.

Anyone who keeps blaming injuries don't want to admit that the injuries has been going on since the LoDuca, Delgado days. Those who don't want to blame Terry Collins or Dan Warthen just forgot or too lazy to look up how horrid these two have been before Harvey, DeGrom, Syndergaard, and the others became Major Leaguers. And between Wilpon's greedy, money hungry ambitions and connections to Bud Selig, Sandy Aldersons lack of creativity, huge ego, and connections to Bud Selig, the Mets have no future until further notice.

But Yeah... Let's keep doing the same thing over and over and over... even with the personnel who is not equipped to do the same thing over and over like the injured ones were supposed to do. Terry Collins, Sandy Alderson, and Dan Warthen can't adjust their belts let alone changed their way to play according to their personnel. Esp when they have prospects who may be better than the oafs who hits .180 or make 3 errors a game or strikes out 3 times a game.

And whoever quote that was above this rant about "If a team is trying to figure out how to keep a .179 hitter on the field, they deserve to lose," but that it NAIL ON THE HEAD ABOUT THE 2017 METS. And that pains me to say this as a Mets fan since 79.

Terry said this was probably last year anyway. He can retire when season is out. Sandy I have problem with him.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I think that the ball club should launch "Be a Met Day!" for the remainder of the schedule. At each home game, fans in attendance will be chosen at random to fill out the lineup.

I think that the ball club should launch "Be a Met Day!" for the remainder of the schedule. At each home game, fans in attendance will be chosen at random to fill out the lineup.
How about the fan gets to be in the lineup. When I was 10 or 11 years old, I struck out the side once on 9 pitches. My fastball is probably around 60 mph.

Reactions: cicero grimes
Remember when the Mets JACKED UP their ticket prices late in the year the last two seasons and used "Dynamic Pricing" as an excuse? How much you want to bet that "Dynamic Pricing" will not be used this year to lower the prices because of whats going on? Esp with the reports that the Mets are going to be sellers.

This is why you have to win the rings when you should (1988, 2006, 2015). That pitch to Spiezio in G2 will drain for ages.

Cabrera is pissed off about being asked to play second base and is asking to be traded. Should be no problem. Given the season he's having I am sure he is in great demand.
From a news story (Terry is full of shit--there were stories on the Mets blog of moving Cabrera to appease Reyes).

Cabrera returned to the team Friday after being sidelined with a sprained left thumb -- he said there is no more pain --and was inserted into the lineup at second base for the first time since Sept. 28, 2014. The Mets did not tell him beforehand of these plans, and did not have him play second base during his two-game rehab assignment.

The veteran said several times he should have been given warning, but Mets manager Terry Collins said he only finalize his decision Friday morning. The manager did mention Thursday the possibility he would shift Cabrera to second base for Friday's game.

Cabrera is pissed off about being asked to play second base and is asking to be traded. Should be no problem. Given the season he's having I am sure he is in great demand.
Well they could probably get a case or two of Taylor Ham for him.

Looks like Clippard went Oct 2015 Mets. Why in the world Collins felt he was still an option is a forever unknown.

Even if that happens, we were supposed to be irrelevant all season, but the Mets were WS "favorites" with the best pitching staff in the majors.
I can't argue with that,plus,as your best Yankee fan says,you play in the toughest division in the "history" of baseball,lol,unreal. Seems like your already setting yourself up for the big crash also.

I can't argue with that,plus,as your best Yankee fan says,you play in the toughest division in the "history" of baseball,lol,unreal. Seems like your already setting yourself up for the big crash also.
I am remarkably excited about the future, but our current starting pitchers can likely bring us only so far this season.

Reactions: Kbee3
ADVERTISEMENT