ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

So the Yankees just made a great move.
Mets should get rid of Walker. Move TJ Rivera to second. Deal Reyes. Cough, cough, my son's favorite Met (don't ask me why), Reuben Tejada, seems to be finally hitting for the Orioles. When there SS or 2B comes off the DL, Mets should make a move, or get a higher quality left infielder.

And get a higher quality grounds crew to hold that grass down in left field. Have a bad feeling that Cespedes is going to be a bust.

Sitting out in LF behind Reyes and it seems his accuracy is off on his throws. Maybe it's Father Time catching up with him.

And first time at Citi Field...very nice. I'm impressed.

Group rate plus a free Mets cap so can't complain...other than the score or their play. Lol
Well I'd complain about having to wear the Mets cap.

How is this for a kick in the nuts?
Justin Turner is batting .370 and Daniel Murphy is batting .340, the #1 and #2 batters in the NL.

Forgot the Mets outright released Turner, and the Dodgers picked him up off the scrap heap.He only cost the Mets $505,547 that year. :

Following his release from the Mets, Turner had not yet found a new employer when Los Angeles Dodgers bench coach Tim Wallach saw Turner hitting at a Cal State Fullerton Alumni game.[16] Turner signed a minor league contract with the Dodgers on February 5, 2014,[3] with an invitation to spring training. His contract was purchased by the Dodgers on March 16 and he was added to the Major League roster.

Maybe Tim Wallach can be the next GM or manager. Shoot, the Mets have reverted back to the days when they have the better hitting/pitching coach (if not manager) in the booth than on the bench.

How is this for a kick in the nuts?
Justin Turner is batting .370 and Daniel Murphy is batting .340, the #1 and #2 batters in the NL.

Forgot the Mets outright released Turner, and the Dodgers picked him up off the scrap heap.He only cost the Mets $505,547 that year. :

Following his release from the Mets, Turner had not yet found a new employer when Los Angeles Dodgers bench coach Tim Wallach saw Turner hitting at a Cal State Fullerton Alumni game.[16] Turner signed a minor league contract with the Dodgers on February 5, 2014,[3] with an invitation to spring training. His contract was purchased by the Dodgers on March 16 and he was added to the Major League roster.
Well that tells you about either some guys playing in NY or the Mets player development. I mean Murphy was good with the Mets. Especially that last year and obviously during the postseason. But nothing like what he's become since leaving.

Gov. Christie auditioning for Left Field last night? Poor guy got booed.

I saw that. He was getting shit from the booth crew, also.

Hey, ya know what? I have a job. Ya don't see me catching a game at Citi on a Tuesday night. Bitch ain't worked a day in the last year. It's always amazed me that these positions don't have some sort of performance requirements.

Thank goodness for Degrom.
The ace of the staff, and that is not saying much these days. No nonsense, no flash, all business. The way it should be done. Go out there, mow 'em down, sit down, get back up, mow 'em down, and get off the field. Harvey could learn a few things from Jacob. Matz is the same way, and hopefully he can get on track.

Reactions: tico brown
Good to see the bullpen stopped just short of losing another one, last night.

This team is a train wreck. It's really frustrating.

So to celebrate the Mets two game winning streak, they have announced that they are going to move Cabrera to third when Walker comes back from the DL on Monday. So let's bench the two youngsters TJ and Wilmer so that these guys can tear another thumb or hamstring...

Red Sox could be interested in Cabrera if he plays third. Read this elsewhere, though I do not believe it.

So to celebrate the Mets two game winning streak, they have announced that they are going to move Cabrera to third when Walker comes back from the DL on Monday. So let's bench the two youngsters TJ and Wilmer so that these guys can tear another thumb or hamstring...

Take heart - it won't last long. Walker will fall down go boom by his third game back.

Interesting review of stats (GP, AVG, HR, RBI, WAR) of our 2B options after Babe Murphy's 2015 playoff run:

Murphy
2016: 142 .347 25 104 4.6
2017: 87 .337 16 71 1.7

Walker
2016: 113 .282 23 55 2.4
2017: 60 .270 9 33 1.2

Zobrist
2016: 147 .272 18 76 3.8
2017: 65 .214 8 29 .3

Interesting review of stats (GP, AVG, HR, RBI, WAR) of our 2B options after Babe Murphy's 2015 playoff run:

Murphy
2016: 142 .347 25 104 4.6
2017: 87 .337 16 71 1.7

Walker
2016: 113 .282 23 55 2.4
2017: 60 .270 9 33 1.2

Zobrist
2016: 147 .272 18 76 3.8
2017: 65 .214 8 29 .3
Gee what a surprise lol

Reactions: FrankZ
OK, he wants to go back where he started. Good for him. And what did I miss about the "throws TC under the bus?"
Keef and Ron were going on about this last night to two old hens in a knitting circle. Maybe this is the wrong article. But the part about the A's manager being "the best for me" is it. WTF has Terry done for/against Yo? If anything, he has shown extraordinary patience and care for the fragile Yo. Furthermore, Yo has been leaving the park early and not talking to reporters. The NYC writers will feast on him. On top of it, his production really sucks for what he is being paid. Should Terry take an interview saying that Jay Bruce has been the best outfielder "for him"?

Reactions: shields
Collins makes some puzzling gameday decisions, but on the whole I'm inclined to believe that he's a good manager working for a shitty front office.

Cespedes is a classic head case. He has great ability but doesn't want to work. His answer to playing badly is "trade me". I've remarked on more than one occasion, this year, that his spate of injuries seems to be as much in his head as in his legs.

Give me a roster full of kids who want to play ball. I don't have any room for the "Lambo-a-Day" crowd.

Reactions: TMCB
Any of the contending teams in need of an OF/DH who can hit and with some power? Mets not going anywhere, if they can get good prospects in return, I'd move Cespedes. There's a reason why he's moved around.

Reactions: Kbee3
Cespedes is untradable unless the Mets are willing to eat a chunk of his contract. Even then he won't fetch much right now. The market for power hitting corner outfielders is weak. Plus, Cespedes (rightly or wrongly) is considered to have "baggage". MLB execs are not fond of baggage.

Reactions: shields
Keef and Ron were going on about this last night to two old hens in a knitting circle. Maybe this is the wrong article. But the part about the A's manager being "the best for me" is it. WTF has Terry done for/against Yo? If anything, he has shown extraordinary patience and care for the fragile Yo. Furthermore, Yo has been leaving the park early and not talking to reporters. The NYC writers will feast on him. On top of it, his production really sucks for what he is being paid. Should Terry take an interview saying that Jay Bruce has been the best outfielder "for him"?
I still don't see where Yoenis Cespedes was quoted in saying to the tune of "I dont like Terry Collins, he is a horrible manager." So its wrong now for him to give his first manager props because people are experts into reading between the lines? So does this mean the Boston and Detroit managers sucks ass as well? HELL, many on this board have said this about Collins (AND CESPEDES) and will keep buying tickets and merch because they will bleed orangw and blue. Nobody would have a problem with this quote if he was hitting 285/20/80 right about now... except maybe for the Speak English Crowd.

That's like saying that the only time I would not cheer for Rutgers is if/when they play Miami because I grew up a Canes fan (which would be true BTW, but any other time: GO RU). .

I still don't see where Yoenis Cespedes was quoted in saying to the tune of "I dont like Terry Collins, he is a horrible manager." So its wrong now for him to give his first manager props because people are experts into reading between the lines? So does this mean the Boston and Detroit managers sucks ass as well? HELL, many on this board have said this about Collins (AND CESPEDES) and will keep buying tickets and merch because they will bleed orangw and blue. Nobody would have a problem with this quote if he was hitting 285/20/80 right about now... except maybe for the Speak English Crowd.

That's like saying that the only time I would not cheer for Rutgers is if/when they play Miami because I grew up a Canes fan (which would be true BTW, but any other time: GO RU). .
I agree. Keef eas really going off on Yo last night. Daily News was not too kind either. NYC media.

I still have some weird feeling that the Mets are going to get hot and make a run that eventually falls short. It's obviously not based on anything I have seen, but it seems like something they will do to tease the fans.
You're right. Ever since they started thinking about being sellers, they win just enough games in a week to tease Mets fans into thinking YA GOTTA BELIEVE...

But I've been through enough seasons to know better lol.

ADVERTISEMENT