ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OFFICIAL 2017 LET'S GO METS SEASON THREAD

Bad timing - if he said this September 2015 nobody would have blinked an eye.
True, but an imperfect comparison. In September 2015 he was a hired gun. He had made no commitments to the Mets and none were expected. Now he is a long-term Met.

Trade deGrom to Houston. We could get some studs off of them. Long-term, it would be the best bet.

I still don't see where Yoenis Cespedes was quoted in saying to the tune of "I dont like Terry Collins, he is a horrible manager." So its wrong now for him to give his first manager props because people are experts into reading between the lines? So does this mean the Boston and Detroit managers sucks ass as well? HELL, many on this board have said this about Collins (AND CESPEDES) and will keep buying tickets and merch because they will bleed orangw and blue. Nobody would have a problem with this quote if he was hitting 285/20/80 right about now... except maybe for the Speak English Crowd.

That's like saying that the only time I would not cheer for Rutgers is if/when they play Miami because I grew up a Canes fan (which would be true BTW, but any other time: GO RU). .

I'm laughing as this kind of thought is why I gave up on pro sports. We actually had neighbors and very close friends that would say that they would cheer for our son (who they knew since a small child) all times except when he plays against the Giants, then they want him to lose.

Reactions: redking
F*ckin' Wheeler.

I'm calling Sandy Alderson first thing Monday morning and insisting that the Mets let me pitch. Anyone else want a go? It's not like we could be any worse than what they've got.

Just texted a friend to put me in there. Much cheaper, and can't have a worse result (i.e. Loss).

I'm laughing as this kind of thought is why I gave up on pro sports. We actually had neighbors and very close friends that would say that they would cheer for our son (who they knew since a small child) all times except when he plays against the Giants, then they want him to lose.
And that's wrong? ;)

I would hope he kept JPP in check the whole game but the Giants still win.

And that's wrong? ;)

I would hope he kept JPP in check the whole game but the Giants still win.
Only played ST's that day but yes, Giants won. Though, a couple years later with Chargers, he had a big part in beating the Jets. :)

Fracking Met's- now they go and win a few and will stop ownership from making any moves!

And hel to the no with trading deGrom -
This what I was afraid of, unless Sandy was FOS about trading the veterans and the others and bringing up the kids. Now they're probably going to think that they can make this miracle run, which would only happen if Washington have the collapse of Mega Epic proportions. In reality winning 3/4, 2/3 is not going to do it to catch up to the Nats. But it should be an interesting the next few weeks if they keep this up.

I'm laughing at the way some people think they're better than others because they don't agree with them.

Who should the Mets deal?
Wheeler?
Reed?
Duda?
Montrero?
Harvey (please)?

Duda and Reed may be the only two of this group that you could possibly make worth while. Someone may pay premium in a trade for either because they could provide immediate short term help for a team on a run. Wheeler/Montero would only equal a dump. Harvey, you would get shit back for him and in 3 years will win the Cy Young...lol

Flores stays.
T.J. Rivera, I could see making an argument for keeping him.
I'm on the fence about Reyes, he's been on fire lately and is the best baserunner on the team.
The rest... sell 'em.

Wheeler moved to DL with stress reaction in his right arm.
Minor league RHP Chris Flexen will be called up from Double-A Binghamton to start Thursday's game against the San Diego Padres in place of Zack Wheeler.

Flexen, who is 6-1 with a 1.66 ERA in seven starts with Double-A Binghamton, is 32-21 in 78 career minor-league games (74 starts) since the Mets drafted him in the 14th round in 2012.

LOL. Who knew?
https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-yankees-are-the-worst/?addata=espn:frontpage
550x309

Reactions: c10j10s
Trade deGrom to Houston. We could get some studs off of them. Long-term, it would be the best bet.
Please don't trade Degrom Only the Mets would deal their ace and lose the soul of their staff - a la Murph with the offense.. Just trade Addison Reed; Cabrera; Duda and get whatever you can for them. I know Bruce will probably go as well and it's a shame as he's having a monster year.

The most important question is: "When are they bringing Tim Tebow up?"

Then they will truly have God on their side!

True, but an imperfect comparison. In September 2015 he was a hired gun. He had made no commitments to the Mets and none were expected. Now he is a long-term Met.

Not a 1:1 comparison, but he could have signed the same contract on 8/1/15, and I wouldn't have blinked an eye back then either. I mean good grief the HR he smoked against the Dodgers in G3 - one of my best moments at a live sporting event ever.

Last edited:
We be in first if we didnt have to play on Sundays lol

LOL - so true. Penned in Sunday's loss to the abysmal A's without even thinking twice. This goes back to the Syndergaard game (which turned out to be the season-ender).

Cubs and other teams interested in Seth Lugo.
Cubs interested in Rene Rivera-can Mets deal d'Arnaud instead?
Market for Cabrera growing-Mariners and Indians interested.
Teems interested in Duda and Reed.
Mets will suck a lot more if they lose both Cabrera and Duda.

Cubs and other teams interested in Seth Lugo.
Cubs interested in Rene Rivera-can Mets deal d'Arnaud instead?
Market for Cabrera growing-Mariners and Indians interested.
Teems interested in Duda and Reed.
Mets will suck a lot more if they lose both Cabrera and Duda.

Cabrera wants to be traded. Duda's productivity can be acquired elsewhere, IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT