ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Knight Shift

Legend
May 19, 2011
Jersey Shore
Here it is, Yankee fans!
Sanchez going to have a breakout year?
What is the starting rotation going to be?
Do the Yankees win the division?

When will yanks get a pitching staff. Team has not paid for a title since George died.

Can't wait to watch Bird, Sanchez, and Judge mash opposing pitching. I look for at least 90 homers out of those guys as a group, and I think the team will go as far as those three take them.

Pathetic that you guys had me barred from the mets thread.
I guess you have no clue as to how small that makes you look.

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
Don't see any of the troublemaker fans in this thread, but then again, since they are on ignore, I won't see them. Hope the Yankees have a fantastic season and there is a Subway Series in October. Good luck Yankees!!

Can't wait to watch Bird, Sanchez, and Judge mash opposing pitching. I look for at least 90 homers out of those guys as a group, and I think the team will go as far as those three take them.
Well, that's certainly the optimistic take. I think if you got 60 combined during their first full seasons along with a decent OPS, that would be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Like alot of teams, the Yanks will go as far as their pitching takes them. Barring injury, the end game won't be a problem, the starters are another matter. I suspect Sanchez and bird will hit for power, but the Judge I saw last year has alot of holes in his swing even when the pitcher doesn't hit his spot. Losing the SS who could've been headed to an all-star type season will hurt. Castro is not the best defensive player, but he is a solid player particularly at his position. Headley is good defensively, but he needs to up his offensive game from average at best.Ellsbury needs to play like he did with the SOX and not be the poster boy for Johnson & Johnson. Gardner needs to forget about the rightfield porch, bunt, spray the ball around, get on base and take off for second. To many things have to go right for the Yanks.That said, if Pineda & Severino are the real deal, and some of the young guys starting out in the minors take off, the Bronx could be very interesting.

Bird has 7 homers and 13 RBI and is batting .447 for the spring. Hopefully a portent of good things to come.

Do you guys think Gleyber Torres and his 421 avg deserve to get a shot in the majors now, esp with Didi's injury? Or Yanks made the right call to send him down?

Bird has 7 homers and 13 RBI and is batting .447 for the spring. Hopefully a portent of good things to come.
They were counting on him last year prior to the injury. His spring stats arent surprising

Do you guys think Gleyber Torres and his 421 avg deserve to get a shot in the majors now, esp with Didi's injury? Or Yanks made the right call to send him down?
They think he can play. But the Yankees dont want to start the clock for a months worth of playing time.

Reactions: Rhuarc
Guess that's the way it is nowadays with the Cubs doing that with Kris Bryant and the Mets with Syndergaard and Matz. But dude was on fire this spring.

Best case scenario for this team is being in the wild card hunt til mid-Sept. Bird is due for a big year if he can stay healthy.

Really excited to see Torres, Kaprellian, Rutherford & Frazier over the course of a full season of the minors. I'm prob me excited to see that then I am to see the product in the Bronx

I get the feeling Yankee fans are excited that it won't be the same old, same old they've seen for a half dozen or more seasons now. And with little expectation for post season play, anything resembling still being in the playoff hunt come September would be gravy. That's a good combo to have if you're the Yankees trying to switch things up.

Reactions: WhiteBus
Doesn't matter- they suck anyway...and if you ever want a classic uniform, put some damn orange in it..,
LMAO! Hang in there junior, I hear that Tampa Bay could be looking for a new team soon. You can take that "Orange" and market it with an actual Orange in Florida, Call yourselves the Tampa Bay Squeeze, or maybe the Tropicana Orange. lol
A Metropolitan fan making fun of the Yanks, hilarious!

Reactions: Bilderberg_News
LMAO! Hang in there junior, I hear that Tampa Bay could be looking for a new team soon. You can take that "Orange" and market it with an actual Orange in Florida, Call yourselves the Tampa Bay Squeeze, or maybe the Tropicana Orange. lol
A Metropolitan fan making fun of the Yanks, hilarious!

someone needs to tune up their meter. lol

Reactions: KnightsofChrome
I get the feeling Yankee fans are excited that it won't be the same old, same old they've seen for a half dozen or more seasons now. And with little expectation for post season play, anything resembling still being in the playoff hunt come September would be gravy. That's a good combo to have if you're the Yankees trying to switch things up.

IF the new guys continue to do well to start the real season, then fans will have to remember that it will be the second and third time around when you will know if these guys can do well in the long haul. It will take time for pitchers around the League to find out how to effectively pitch to these new Yankees. THEN, if the new guys are still doing well, Yanks set up for the future really well.

Here's my contribution:

46039281H1225947.JPG

Here's my contribution:

46039281H1225947.JPG
I was at Fenway for that game, Yanks had big lead. Fight breaks out. Sox end up winning ugh. But was electric. Next morning we flew back to Philly. Last minute we decide to go to Phillies game and saw Eric Milton take a no hitter into the 9th. Great baseball weekend

Pathetic that you guys had me barred from the mets thread.
I guess you have no clue as to how small that makes you look.

I take it back. I'm sure they know how small they are.
BTW, in an article I just read on ESPN previewing the season they noted that the mets play their first 16 games vs. teams that had losing records last season.
Trolls.:cry::cry::cry:

Guess that's the way it is nowadays with the Cubs doing that with Kris Bryant and the Mets with Syndergaard and Matz. But dude was on fire this spring.
I think we will see this thing change after the next union contract negotiations. Players hate it and the fans do too. They want to see these guys immediately.

I think we will see this thing change after the next union contract negotiations. Players hate it and the fans do too. They want to see these guys immediately.
I can see the teams way of thinking with the baseball clock. And luckily for Sydergaard and Bryant, it wasn't that big of a factor since both teams went to the playoffs in their rookie years. But you're right. If Flores can help the Yankees now and if he's the best they got, he should play now. You can always send him down to sete himself down if things don't work out.

If this was why Gary Sanchez didn't come up until last summer, that is a damm shame. He could've been rookie of the year while leading the Yanks to the playoffs.

I take it back. I'm sure they know how small they are.
BTW, in an article I just read on ESPN previewing the season they noted that the mets play their first 16 games vs. teams that had losing records last season.
Trolls.:cry::cry::cry:
Great, fast starts always help!!!

Reactions: tico brown
Why are most of the posts in this thread from Mets and Cubs fans?
Hey, I'm asking legit questions about the Yankees. I actually think they got a good young team up there with Girardi FINALLY in teacher mode after all of these years. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Hey, I'm asking legit questions about the Yankees. I actually think they got a good young team up there with Girardi FINALLY in teacher mode after all of these years. I don't see anything wrong with that.
I also see that the tone of the discussion from Mets fans is mostly respectful and positive. Imagine that.

What is this.....the 5th grade ?
Grow a pair why don't you ?
And people actually question why Yankee fans stopped posting on a Yankee thread. The same crybabies who complain about Yankees fans on the Met thread. Go figure

I am most concerned about whether we can get some decent pitching this year. However, the team is positioned nicely to grow some young position players the next 2 years and then go drop some dough on pitchers in the free agent market. I'm good with the plan.

I am most concerned about whether we can get some decent pitching this year. However, the team is positioned nicely to grow some young position players the next 2 years and then go drop some dough on pitchers in the free agent market. I'm good with the plan.
I forgot his name but how about that young pitcher who beat the Rays today? The news said he may be a #5 starter.

To get back on topic, I hope the Yankees cut Ellsbury after this season if he starts tanking it again. They can afford one big salary dump for the next few seasons if needed and I'd rather see a young kid at his position. I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to take him on at this point even if the Yanks ate most of the salary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT