ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

As I said before, the Tanaka situation is VERY interesting to me. If he continues to tank the season, it's very possible he will not opt out of the rest of a guaranteed contract. If he has no structural issue with his elbow, it will be a huge gamble to give up I believe 3-4 more years after a crap season.

Hopefully, he gets it together though because if he does, it could be a fun summer in the Bronx.

I agree. Severino and Montgomery look like the answers to two of the questions about the rotation.
Now if we can only get Tanaka straightened out.

Tough loss today but, splitting 4 games with a hot Blue Jay team in their building is nothing to be upset over. Off day tomorrow then 3 with the Sox and 3 with the Orioles at the Stadium. I'll be there on Thursday night. Hopefully Tanaka can get back on track on Tuesday.

I agree. Severino and Montgomery look like the answers to two of the questions about the rotation.
Now if we can only get Tanaka straightened out.
They certainly have C.C. straightened out! Now 7-2. Pitched a gem last night.

Going to the game tonight. I'm pretty pumped! I'm doing the tailgators tailgate? Anyone ever do that before?

Cashman and Giardi deserve some credit for putting this team together. Loved the Torreys play last night and Pineda's performance. They're doing this without much production from either the guys on first or third and while Headley had a nice play last night, neither he nor Carter are likely to win a gold glove. My main concern is whether or not the starters can hold up for the season.

Cashman and Giardi deserve some credit for putting this team together. Loved the Torreys play last night and Pineda's performance. They're doing this without much production from either the guys on first or third and while Headley had a nice play last night, neither he nor Carter are likely to win a gold glove. My main concern is whether or not the starters can hold up for the season.

Of course.
Then again, there's a guy at AAA that might be ready....Adams.

Cashman and Girardi probably both deserve executive/manager of the year awards right now. A good chunk of fans wanted them both fired for not having a "win now" attitude. Girardi was hamstrung by poor contracts and old players. It's amazing how good he looks now with talent and youth on his side. He will be an excellent manager for the youth going forward. Cashman is one of the best execs in baseball. It's not his fault he's got to answer to people who have no clue. Fortunately, everyone is on the same page right now and the future is bright.

Cashman and Girardi probably both deserve executive/manager of the year awards right now. A good chunk of fans wanted them both fired for not having a "win now" attitude. Girardi was hamstrung by poor contracts and old players. It's amazing how good he looks now with talent and youth on his side. He will be an excellent manager for the youth going forward. Cashman is one of the best execs in baseball. It's not his fault he's got to answer to people who have no clue. Fortunately, everyone is on the same page right now and the future is bright.
Just don't blow $400m on Harper. Don't need him, unless he starts pitching.

As a Met fan its sickening lol. Yanks are playing out of their minds. Mets getting healthy, cesp grand slam and Matz looked great

As a Met fan its sickening lol. Yanks are playing out of their minds. Mets getting healthy, cesp grand slam and Matz looked great
Matz always looks good, until he sneezes too hard and goes back on the DL.

Reactions: Kbee3

Hey....wait until we get our closer, our 1st baseman, and our center fielder back.

I agree that I wouldn't pick up Harper with that price tag. Kershaw is much more attractive at that number!

Reactions: T2Kplus10

Yanks playing so well they have aborted their plan to bring up Chance Adams. Was looking forward to seeing him. But after winning 4 in a row, looks like Chad Green/Domingo German combo today.

Yanks playing so well they have aborted their plan to bring up Chance Adams. Was looking forward to seeing him. But after winning 4 in a row, looks like Chad Green/Domingo German combo today.

That's okay. Yanks are in the middle of two weeks of games with no days off. Normally a day off means all the pitchers get bumped to a sixth day off between starts. By having Chad Green start today, Yanks artificially create that sixth day off for everyone and with the current staff having gone deep into their games, it may be more of a help than a hindrance.

Yanks have already taken this series and have to fly to the west coast after the game and play tomorrow night. So Tanaka has probably already been sent ahead and gets an extra day. We'll see if that helps him or not. Chapman back by the following Oakland A's series and Bird looks to be ready the week after that.

Hey....wait until we get our closer, our 1st baseman, and our center fielder back.
Not so sure if thats a plus, closer yes but you can have bird and ells. Mets without top pitcher, 51 save closer, 3rd base

Not so sure if thats a plus, closer yes but you can have bird and ells. Mets without top pitcher, 51 save closer, 3rd base

Maybe that's why they're fighting it out for the basement in the sorry NLEast with Atlanta, Florida, and Philly.
BTW, if you.re gonna count the third baseman then the Yanks are without their 3rd baseman...A Rod.
Anyway, don't the mets still have four 20-game winners in their rotation in Harvey, Degrom, Matz, and Wheeler ?

KBEE, Tanaka still on pace for 20? That was funny to read.

I'm sure he'll be back on track once we get to the west coast.[cheers]
BTW, when the season started he was generally considered the Yankees only reliable starter. Now he's the weak link. But it's a long season. He'll either turn things around or go to the DL and we'll either bring up Chance Adams or trade for another starter.
It's a great time to be a Yankees fan.:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

Maybe that's why they're fighting it out for the basement in the sorry NLEast with Atlanta, Florida, and Philly.
BTW, if you.re gonna count the third baseman then the Yanks are without their 3rd baseman...A Rod.
Anyway, don't the mets still have four 20-game winners in their rotation in Harvey, Degrom, Matz, and Wheeler ?
2nd place and climbing, wheeler has pitched very well, harvey great last outing and gaining strength, thor out, matz back and looked great, degrom is up and down at the mpment but is a stud and could be traded for any yank

Mets season is over. They will not make the playoffs. Another wasted year with those pithchers. Clock is ticking on their window to win. Something is wrong with deGrom as well. He looks awful. Bird starting to hit at AAA. Two doubles yesterday. Our minors are so stacked it is scary as well. Fowler is a STUD.

2nd place and climbing, wheeler has pitched very well, harvey great last outing and gaining strength, thor out, matz back and looked great, degrom is up and down at the mpment but is a stud and could be traded for any yank
It's cute when Mets fans have hope. Good for you!

Mets season is over. They will not make the playoffs. Another wasted year with those pithchers. Clock is ticking on their window to win. Something is wrong with deGrom as well. He looks awful. Bird starting to hit at AAA. Two doubles yesterday. Our minors are so stacked it is scary as well. Fowler is a STUD.
Another wasted? World series and playoffs last 2 yr, not bad. Mets are loaded just need health, keep watching

He's fun to watch. I watching the game on the Baltimore channel and announcers even admitted that he's fun to watch.

Another wasted? World series and playoffs last 2 yr, not bad. Mets are loaded just need health, keep watching

Wait. No World Series championships since 1986.....with the greatest starting rotation since.....ever ?
You are the one that's loaded.....not the mets. Put the bottle down.
BTW, guess what place they'd be in if they played in the AL East instead of the NL Easy ?

I thought we made a deal that you wouldn't post in a Yankee related thread until the Mets got back to .500?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT