ADVERTISEMENT

OT- OFFICIAL 2017 YANKEES SEASON THREAD

Cashman and Giardi deserve some credit for putting this team together.
Not trying to drag the Mets into this thread but Girardi and Cashman are doing one he'll of a job in putting this team together and playing the right guys. Not that familiar with all of the Yankees but Girardi has played the players who earned their way into the lineup. Terry Collins would've benched Judge, SS Torres, and some of the other of your young guys who are playing well just because hes that stupid. And there no way the other Torres wpuld ve coming up if Alderson was running the Yanks. And unless it's for a starter, I kind of hope that Yankees don't get one of those $400 Million players because you really don't need one of those players, esp with the ego that would ruin a clubhouse. You guys got a good thing going. Keep it up.

Not trying to drag the Mets into this thread but Girardi and Cashman are doing one he'll of a job in putting this team together and playing the right guys. Not that familiar with all of the Yankees but Girardi has played the players who earned their way into the lineup. Terry Collins would've benched Judge, SS Torres, and some of the other of your young guys who are playing well just because hes that stupid. And there no way the other Torres wpuld ve coming up if Alderson was running the Yanks. And unless it's for a starter, I kind of hope that Yankees don't get one of those $400 Million players because you really don't need one of those players, esp with the ego that would ruin a clubhouse. You guys got a good thing going. Keep it up.
No room for Harper in the Yankee outfield :)

As I said before, the Tanaka situation is VERY interesting to me. If he continues to tank the season, it's very possible he will not opt out of the rest of a guaranteed contract. If he has no structural issue with his elbow, it will be a huge gamble to give up I believe 3-4 more years after a crap season.

Hopefully, he gets it together though because if he does, it could be a fun summer in the Bronx.

Looked much, much better last night especially after giving up early bomb. That could've destroyed his confidence for the rest of the game and it didn't.

Looked much, much better last night especially after giving up early bomb. That could've destroyed his confidence for the rest of the game and it didn't.

Who would have thought that Tanaka would be the one we'd be worrying about in the rotation ?

They definitely need to start getting some length from their SP's. The bullpen is starting to suffer. Hopefully Chapman can solidify things a bit again.

Need a W today. Mentally staying at 10 games above .500 or better is always a target by teams that have post season aspirations.

About all us Mets fans have left to look forward to,lol.
images

I've never agreed with the "Give 'em a day off" concept. More of the "Let's Play Two" school. Except maybe for catchers.
But why would Joe sit Didi and Gardner with Hicks and Sanchez already out for the game the other day ?
Makes no sense to me.
BTW, I also think they named Holder wrong.[laughing]

6 in a row!!! Lol

Glad to see you're paying attention to the Yankees. Lots of people are these days.
Hopefully this is the low point of the season and the home cooking will turn things around.
Yeah.... losing stinks. But you're a mets fan so you should know all about that.

TMCB is forever gonna hate the Yanks, just like the sun rises in the morning.

Reactions: TMCB
They definitely need to start getting some length from their SP's. The bullpen is starting to suffer.
Consistently not getting quality starts comes back to bite you sooner or later.
I've never agreed with the "Give 'em a day off" concept.
Yep, it kills me to see a manager give a "day off" to a player who's on a hot streak. Let 'em ride the streak, don't interrupt it!
True, but the Yankees aren't trying to get back to .500.
Well, they are. Just from a different direction!
StickOutTongue_zps5avp0eyg.gif

Consistently not getting quality starts comes back to bite you sooner or later.

Yep, it kills me to see a manager give a "day off" to a player who's on a hot streak. Let 'em ride the streak, don't interrupt it!

Well, they are. Just from a different direction!
StickOutTongue_zps5avp0eyg.gif
LMAO, good one.

Ouch, that loss hurt last night. Looks like Pineda pitched a pretty good game, but the bullpen blew it. Is the bullpen the weak link?

7 in a row? Lol

Be a man of your word. You agreed to to not post in a Yankee related thread until the Mets reached .500. The Mets have sucked all season. You don't see me in the Mets thread do you?

Look at that. Yankees win, Red Sox lose. Back in first place. Even after losing 7 straight they're still a first place team. It feels good to be a fan of a team that isn't a historic embarrassment.

Is Austin better then Sanchez?? Austin as a cather is way better.

I love Romine. They should definitely go with that Sanchez DH, Romine C, Holliday 1B alignment as often as they feel comfortable. They just don't like trotting Holliday out into the field that often. And how about Montgomery? Having a great rookie season.

Look at that. Yankees win, Red Sox lose. Back in first place. Even after losing 7 straight they're still a first place team. It feels good to be a fan of a team that isn't a historic embarrassment.

Looking at the standings, this might be the most competitive division in MLB history. It's gonna be a battle all year.
On the other hand, there's the Washington Nationals. No chance their guys get overworked down the stretch.

Looking at the standings, this might be the most competitive division in MLB history. It's gonna be a battle all year.
On the other hand, there's the Washington Nationals. No chance their guys get overworked down the stretch.
Most competitive in HISTORY,Really? It's not even better than the NL West that has 3 teams playing about .50 points better than the top 3 in the ALEast.I see what your doing there, setting yourself up for the big crash.

Most competitive in HISTORY,Really? It's not even better than the NL West that has 3 teams playing about .50 points better than the top 3 in the ALEast.I see what your doing there, setting yourself up for the big crash.

You better take another look at San Diego's and San Francisco's records. The division does have three very good teams. But also two that have really poor won-loss records this season. The AL East is tougher top-to-bottom.

I love Romine. They should definitely go with that Sanchez DH, Romine C, Holliday 1B alignment as often as they feel comfortable. They just don't like trotting Holliday out into the field that often. And how about Montgomery? Having a great rookie season.
Not having ARod sucking up a spot on this team was one of the best moves the Yanks made in the last few years. Sanchez has a rocket arm, but Romine is clearly the better signal caller, IMO.

Yanks lose again, don't worry Tanaka pitching tonight.

The baseball gods were thinking: "Wow look at this stupid Met fan talking smack about the Yankees. A Met fan. Really? Well here you go." 8 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 0 R, 9 K. Crawl back into your hole and take a seat.

Last edited:
The baseball gods were thinking: "Wow look at this stupid Met fan talking smack about the Yankees. A Met fan. Really? Well here you go." 8 IP, 3 H, 2 BB, 0 R, 9 K. Crawl back into your hole and take a seat.
Great win last night, hopefully this gets us back on track.

Reactions: Kbee3 and c10j10s
ADVERTISEMENT