ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they traded for him, and gave up a good player, and they did get salary relief, but I worry about what we are going
to get out of him. Looks to me he had his career year and I don't think New York is his choice just came here to get
out of Miami. and the one thing we do not need is another designated hitter, but we will see.

I still think that the Yankees got a bargain in their trade for Stanton. He had a down year by most of his metrics and still hit 38 HR and had 100 RBI. Hopefully that was in part league adjustment, team adjustment, etc. The Yankees gave up basically nothing to get him. Castro is is a nice player on a good team, but not transcendent and I haven't heard one person say, "Oh boy, I really wish Sterling Castro was on this team." Would you be upset if Stanton averages 40 HR for the next 5 years?

I was surprised by the FA market the past two years. I would have expected Machado and Harper to make more per year. That being said, ask yourself which of the following you would prefer to have:

1. Stanton, Age 29 x 9 more years at 26.5/year (30 million deducted for salary relief)
2. Harper, Age 26 x 13 more years at 25.8/year
3. Neither

I can see people disagreeing about 1 vs. 2. They seem to be becoming the same player as Harper strikes out more than he did earlier in his career, but his HR/PA is lower than Stanton's career numbers (.046 v. .063). I'd take 1, but even if you'd take 2 or 3 its pretty close.

I still think that the Yankees got a bargain in their trade for Stanton. He had a down year by most of his metrics and still hit 38 HR and had 100 RBI. Hopefully that was in part league adjustment, team adjustment, etc. The Yankees gave up basically nothing to get him. Castro is is a nice player on a good team, but not transcendent and I haven't heard one person say, "Oh boy, I really wish Sterling Castro was on this team." Would you be upset if Stanton averages 40 HR for the next 5 years?

I was surprised by the FA market the past two years. I would have expected Machado and Harper to make more per year. That being said, ask yourself which of the following you would prefer to have:

1. Stanton, Age 29 x 9 more years at 26.5/year (30 million deducted for salary relief)
2. Harper, Age 26 x 13 more years at 25.8/year
3. Neither

I can see people disagreeing about 1 vs. 2. They seem to be becoming the same player as Harper strikes out more than he did earlier in his career, but his HR/PA is lower than Stanton's career numbers (.046 v. .063). I'd take 1, but even if you'd take 2 or 3 its pretty close.
He is having a hard time staying healthy in his 20's imagine how he is going to be in his middle to late 30's. Don't like these long contracts at all. For example we turn down that long contract for Robinson Cano and looks like we really made out.

He is having a hard time staying healthy in his 20's imagine how he is going to be in his middle to late 30's. Don't like these long contracts at all. For example we turn down that long contract for Robinson Cano and looks like we really made out.

I agree with you, although a Cano signing (10 years starting at age 31) v. Stanton trade (10 years remaining starting at age 28) would have been much worse in my opinion. Re: Stanton's injuries, you might be right, but some of them have been weird things (broken hand, face) too. Time will tell.

I agree with you, although a Cano signing (10 years starting at age 31) v. Stanton trade (10 years remaining starting at age 28) would have been much worse in my opinion. Re: Stanton's injuries, you might be right, but some of them have been weird things (broken hand, face) too. Time will tell.
Correct on the injuries for the most part. I would take a player that has seen injury list because of broken bones vs muscle issues. I don't consider broken bones to be "injury prone".
As for the players themselves- to win games, I take Stanton every time. Sorry Harper fans. To put seats in the stands and sell Jerseys, get attention, I take Harper. If I am the Met's, I take Cespedes...lol

Both Judge and Stanton need to tone down the muscle building. They are plenty strong and big muscles lead to pulls and injuries. Both need some more flexibility!

I'll still take Judge in right over Clint Frazer. He isn't a good outfielder nor a team leader
Of course.
I just wasn't expecting 20-7 without Judge, Didi, and the rest of the guys still on the IL.

CC to the IL. Not really a surprise. After a few good innings he was getting hit hard by everyone in the 5th. Inflamed knee.

Stanton rehab had another setback too. Was hit by a pitch on his knee a few days ago. Has resulted into a "strained" knee.

For those interested, July 20th is Rutgers Day, hosted by the Rutgers Club of NYC. I thought this was a good deal:

https://offer.fevo.com/rutgers-university--88a234e?fevoUri=rutgers-university--88a234e/

2w6ffpw.jpg
July 20th is my Mom's Birthday.If she were alive ,127.Died at 94. God Bless you Mom.

Another win against the lowly birds today. Almost hate to leave Baltimore after the four game sweep.

Reactions: Kbee3
Man, I gotta tell ya, from what I saw of the game a day or two ago, the Orioles suck.

They gave up 34 runs, 44 hits and 12 home runs in the 4 games

Sanchez and Torres have 19 homes runs in the 12 games they played the Os :eyes:
I was sure they were gonna blow that last game. Why is that relief pitcher named Holder ?
And why did Boone let him pitch a second inning ?

Good news....Didi playing at Scranton today...could be back with the big club in a week or so.
That should create a very interesting problem for Boone in making out a lineup.

DJ goes back to even more of a rotation role, giving everyone across the infield a break once a week. He can become more of a full time 3B if Gio ever comes down to earth. Estrada gets sent down. Tulo goes to the bench for depth.

I'll throw this out here now, everyone has to take a side:

MLB draft is next week. Does Keuchel sign with the Yanks? Yes or No?

I'm voting yes with a one year deal.

I will say yes... for big money but pro-rated and for this season only. It will also double as a "try-out" to see if Yanks would give him the big money, multi-year deal he wanted to start this season.

I'll throw this out here now, everyone has to take a side:

MLB draft is next week. Does Keuchel sign with the Yanks? Yes or No?

I'm voting yes with a one year deal.
Well, with Paxton and CC coming back this week and Severino in July and probably Montgomery in August I don't think they should.
But they probably will.

I'm still puzzled by some of the non-moves made by the Yanks these days.
The other day they were in a fairly close game...and I think it was the middle of the game....and their #7 batter and their #8 batter both singled.....1st and second...no outs. Their #9 batter comes up....Maybin. Why would a sacrifice bunt not be in order ?
He should be somewhat familiar with the bunt, he's got speed so he should put increased pressure on the defense with a bunt, and he has the top of the batting order coming up behind him. I know the sacrifice bunt is not in vogue these days, but if there ever was a time to do it, one would think this would have been it. BUT NO.
I don;t get it.

I'm still puzzled by some of the non-moves made by the Yanks these days.
The other day they were in a fairly close game...and I think it was the middle of the game....and their #7 batter and their #8 batter both singled.....1st and second...no outs. Their #9 batter comes up....Maybin. Why would a sacrifice bunt not be in order ?
He should be somewhat familiar with the bunt, he's got speed so he should put increased pressure on the defense with a bunt, and he has the top of the batting order coming up behind him. I know the sacrifice bunt is not in vogue these days, but if there ever was a time to do it, one would think this would have been it. BUT NO.
I don;t get it.
Bunts and stolen bases are a thing of the past. Even worse is not hitting the other way against the shift.

Bunts and stolen bases are a thing of the past. Even worse is not hitting the other way against the shift.
I don't know if its difficulty, pitches, or pride (I assume the latter) but it is mind boggling that more major league hitters do not go the other way against the shift.

It's a good formula... scratch enough runs across (a shout out to DJ in particular) and give the bullpen a lead. Let's get another one tomorrow.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Since I don't follow the Yanks as much as I do the Met's...what is the most recent status on guys like Judge, Stanton and DiDi? What looks to be the roster moves when they come back? Thanks

BTW- June is going to be the month that Yanks can pull way ahead of the pack or stress you guys the F out. lol Up until the last week, pretty much all .500 and or losing teams on the schedule.
And please sweep the RedSox! I really can't stand their fans...

Since I don't follow the Yanks as much as I do the Met's...what is the most recent status on guys like Judge, Stanton and DiDi? What looks to be the roster moves when they come back? Thanks

Didi is playing rehab games at Scranton (he appears a bit rusty offensively). He could be back as early as next week. Stanton is getting close too... I think he's doing things down in Tampa (it sounds like he's a couple of weeks away). Judge is doing baseball activities in the outfield and is hitting off a tee. He might be a few short weeks away. I don't think Betances is far off either.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT