ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like a standard baseball experience. Do they give you high rollers your own private lap dances? Tray of blow makes the rounds?[winking]
No public blow trays but I'm sure they would have provided them if asked.

Just for the record, I'm not a high roller at all. Just lucky that I have a student in my class that is an exec. in the Yankee ticket office. He donates 4 tickets to my school every year to be auctioned off and this year me and 3 coworkers split the cost and won. I asked for a midweek day game so I could get the best seats and ended up practically on the field. Was worth every cent. It helps when 80 percent of your students probably don't even know what baseball is.

No public blow trays but I'm sure they would have provided them if asked.

Just for the record, I'm not a high roller at all. Just lucky that I have a student in my class that is an exec. in the Yankee ticket office. He donates 4 tickets to my school every year to be auctioned off and this year me and 3 coworkers split the cost and won. I asked for a midweek day game so I could get the best seats and ended up practically on the field. Was worth every cent. It helps when 80 percent of your students probably don't even know what baseball is.

The company I used to run used to have insane seats back with the old stadium. Right between the visitor dugout and the batters box. If I remember- it was the first row of section 122 on the aisle. Was able to enjoy so many great games/playoffs/WS's entertaining clients. Once the new stadium was built, company was on the decline and pricing was crazy. Had to give them up

Reactions: Rhuarc
Game is still on, almost 5 hrs & Still an inning to go.
Look what they've done to my game
Ma, look what they've they've done
To my game.
The good news is after this disaster baseball will never be invited back. Stupid idea from the start. Results back it up.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
Luke Voit left today's game with an injury. Anybody heard the latest ?
Oh, and Severino had a setback. I'm beginning to doubt that we see him return this season.

The good news is after this disaster baseball will never be invited back. Stupid idea from the start. Results back it up.
I think the biggest problem is that it's a turf field that's playing old school astroturf. The grounders are like rockets. Didi's play at the end of the game was fantastic. Other than that, I think it's just bad pitching but we'll see. I will hedge my bet that things will be better by starting every Yankee and Red Sox offensive player in my fantasy lineups tomorrow though.

I think the biggest problem is that it's a turf field that's playing old school astroturf. The grounders are like rockets. Didi's play at the end of the game was fantastic. Other than that, I think it's just bad pitching but we'll see. I will hedge my bet that things will be better by starting every Yankee and Red Sox offensive player in my fantasy lineups tomorrow though.
The Fox crew before the game were saying what a great job was done making the field. By games end no mention.

Encarnación had 5ks yesterday. He bats like a pitcher, eager to swing at anything and get back to the dugout. Hitting around .150 for the Yankees, he won't crack .200 for the Yankees.

Sick of hearing announcers saying "what a great pickup--anytime you can add a HR leader you are strengthening the team" blah blah. Econ 101 says they are wrong. Opportunity cost. When Encarnación plays he takes away more productive at-bats from Urshela.

Encarnación had 5ks yesterday. He bats like a pitcher, eager to swing at anything and get back to the dugout. Hitting around .150 for the Yankees, he won't crack .200 for the Yankees.

Sick of hearing announcers saying "what a great pickup--anytime you can add a HR leader you are strengthening the team" blah blah. Econ 101 says they are wrong. Opportunity cost. When Encarnación plays he takes away more productive at-bats from Urshela.
Agree 100%. Completely dumb pickup. Besides the Yankees dont need a DH. As with last year the Yanks need pitching. This was a total waste of a prospect.

Reactions: coldsprings
Great sweep
Who would ever have thought that the Yankees would give up 21 runs in two games vs. the Bosux...and win both of them ?

Last edited:
Reactions: T2Kplus10
The Fox crew before the game were saying what a great job was done making the field. By games end no mention.
Speaking of the Fox crew.....they make me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears.

Speaking of the Fox crew.....they make me want to jam a screwdriver in my ears.
I agree. And what's wrong with ARod's voice ?
I actually originally thought Jessica Mendoza wasn't bad, but she seems to have adjusted to her teammates.

BTW, the Yankees have won 13 of their last 14 games.
En fuego.

Can the Yankees beat Trump?

No Yankees team has won the World Series with a Republican in the White House since 1958,losing in 1960,1976,2001,and 2003.

buck.jpg

Lol. They already have the Cubs-Cardinals series scheduled for next year at the same stadium. Oh, and they canceled the Asia series yesterday in anticipation of scheduling another series in Europe. I'm guessing Germany is on deck.

I hated watching these games. Someone claimed that there were issues with the mound and that the breaking balls were not breaking correctly in the stadium. It was rightly call arena baseball by some. But from a PR standpoint it was a big success. It's not going anywhere.

Lol. They already have the Cubs-Cardinals series scheduled for next year at the same stadium. Oh, and they canceled the Asia series yesterday in anticipation of scheduling another series in Europe. I'm guessing Germany is on deck.

I hated watching these games. Someone claimed that there were issues with the mound and that the breaking balls were not breaking correctly in the stadium. It was rightly call arena baseball by some. But from a PR standpoint it was a big success. It's not going anywhere.
PR success? In what way? Do you believe after this series that there will be people in Europe buying the MLB package? Wearing baseball jerseys in London? A team or minor league group over there?
As we saw converting a soccer stadium for baseball was not successful. Are multiple towns going to build real baseball stadiums? It was a fun weekend for them and now it's over. I doubt anything has changed. And it was awful baseball.

Agree 100%. Completely dumb pickup. Besides the Yankees dont need a DH. As with last year the Yanks need pitching. This was a total waste of a prospect.

Maybe. But they didn’t give up much and they have positional flexibility for a trade moving forward. Maybe they have to give up Voit who can not become a FA until 2025 in combination w minor leaguers for a pitcher? I have no idea what they’re gonna do but they have more flexibility now than they did pre Encarnacion.

Maybe. But they didn’t give up much and they have positional flexibility for a trade moving forward. Maybe they have to give up Voit who can not become a FA until 2025 in combination w minor leaguers for a pitcher? I have no idea what they’re gonna do but they have more flexibility now than they did pre Encarnacion.
I totally disagree. Encarnacion is not an everyday first baseman so he wasnt brought in to take that spot if Voit is traded. As for trading Voit it better be for a top line Ace. Voit has proven himself a top line first baseman and power hitter. A perfect fit for the Yankees.
Again, of all the needs of this Yankee team the last thing they needed was a DH with his limited skills.

I totally disagree. Encarnacion is not an everyday first baseman so he wasnt brought in to take that spot if Voit is traded. As for trading Voit it better be for a top line Ace. Voit has proven himself a top line first baseman and power hitter. A perfect fit for the Yankees.
Again, of all the needs of this Yankee team the last thing they needed was a DH with his limited skills.

Voit traded would need to be for a excellent pitcher, I agree. He’s valuable and under control for another 5 years.

And if they had a top level pitcher they’d get by w LeMahieu playing 75% of first base and Encarnacion playing 25% for the rest of the season.

I just disagree w the sentiment that acquiring Encarnacion for a mid level prospect is a disaster/was stupid. It may help move the needle in the right direction. It may do nothing, but I don’t think it prevents the Yankees from getting a pitcher, if available.

Voit traded would need to be for a excellent pitcher, I agree. He’s valuable and under control for another 5 years.

And if they had a top level pitcher they’d get by w LeMahieu playing 75% of first base and Encarnacion playing 25% for the rest of the season.

I just disagree w the sentiment that acquiring Encarnacion for a mid level prospect is a disaster/was stupid. It may help move the needle in the right direction. It may do nothing, but I don’t think it prevents the Yankees from getting a pitcher, if available.
I guess we jinxed Voit. Yanks just placed him on the IL.

Encarnacion was brought in for two reasons as I see it: 1. Keep a slugger away from competition, 2. Serve as insurance against a Judge or Stanton recurring injury. Stanton is down again already so this seem to have paid off to me. Also getting him has minimal impact on them still going to get a pitcher.

Voit is going nowhere. This team is not falling back on Greg Bird as the first baseman of the future. They'll get Bird healthy, get him in the lineup to prove himself a little, and then ship him out.

Can the Yankees win without John Sterling?

He's taking off the 4 day weekend in Tampa Bay,the first games that he hasn't called since 1989.

Voit is going nowhere. This team is not falling back on Greg Bird as the first baseman of the future. They'll get Bird healthy, get him in the lineup to prove himself a little, and then ship him out.

I doubt that they’d trade Voit (and I don’t want them to), but if someone like Scherzer became available would you not consider?

I doubt that they’d trade Voit (and I don’t want them to), but if someone like Scherzer became available would you not consider?

I would trade Voit for Scherzer, yes. My first choice would be to trade Clint Frazier and Domingo German for a front line starter. Or Florial. But it will take major assets to get Scherzer and I don;t think the Nationals view themselves as out of the wild card race, so this may be more about Baumgartner who should take a little less to get in terms of assets as he'll be a free agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT