ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think they'll be playing any baseball in the Bronx on Wednesday. Perhaps Tanaka starts game four on Thursday.
If that happens, great but that is a fluke weather event that you can't count on. In terms overall planning/strategy, i think the yanks have butchered it.

The Yankees went with an extra pitcher on their playoff roster so they should be able to handle 3 days in a row with the bullpen. You can make an argument that CC doesn't belong, but is there any guarantee that his replacement is any better? At this point, I'm more worried about if Stanton's vagina will improve enough to actually play the rest of this series.
What good is CC? He's incapable of any meaningful innings. My preference would have been another bat. Maybe that shortage was why Boone didn't pinch run for EE the other nite.

Reactions: shields
If that happens, great but that is a fluke weather event that you can't count on. In terms overall planning/strategy, i think the yanks have butchered it.
Also if that happens... then the last four games get played with no break. That's a serious issue for the bullpen as the Astros starters can go longer.

Heres why yanks will lose and i hope im wrong.

Tanaka taken out after 68 pitches and 6 scoreless. Could have gone longer and perhaps saved the pen.

Instead an arm that was used early, gave the astros a look and ended up allowing the tying run in game 2. Now the pen has been used, who knows how game 3 goes, and now yanks announce game 4 will be a bull pen game?!

If this goes long we're gonna be effed in a long series and theres no way this only goes 5 games.

Ottavino gave up the HR because he hung a breaking ball middle-up in the zone to a very good hitter. The entire concept being forwarded by Smoltz that the Yanks bullpen use will give the Astros too much of a "look" in a long series is just ridiculous. I guess that theory didn't work so well when the Yanks took his Braves in the 1996 WS with Lloyd, Nelson, Rivera and Wettland pitching extensively in relief. It all comes down to pitch execution.

Reactions: Kbee3
Also if that happens... then the last four games get played with no break. That's a serious issue for the bullpen as the Astros starters can go longer.
Surprised that they just don't move the series back a day. A possible game 7 moved from Sunday to Monday night might be great for Fox. Sunday they would have go up against Eagles Cowboys game.

Heard that a decision will be made today about cancelling tomorrow's game.

Damn it Tango stop merging threads already. Besides being annoying it causes confusion merging separate conversations to say nothing of having to now navigate a 40+ page thread

Reactions: Knight Shift
I only watch baseball in October. So far, its like nothing changed. Yankees can't hit. Altuve is all over the place.

For those that were thrilled coming back the Bronx with a split how do you feel now? Expecting to beat Cole in game 3 was possible but a longshot. Home field advantage back to Houston. Need to win the next two at home. And with the forecast of a rainout, that is another advantage to Houston.

For those that were thrilled coming back the Bronx with a split how do you feel now? Expecting to beat Cole in game 3 was possible but a longshot. Home field advantage back to Houston. Need to win the next two at home. And with the forecast of a rainout, that is another advantage to Houston.
The series is going as expected:
Split in Houston
Lose to Cole in NY
Win the next 2 in NY
3-2 heading back to Houston
Need to win the non-Cole game
Onward to the World Series!
:)

And it time to shelf Otta.

Reactions: MitchLL
Houston is 107 win team, it's a tough series. We need to get one in Houston. The fans that thought the Yanks would win in 4 or 5 after game 1 were nuts.
I never thought they would win at all when Cashmen didn't get Cole or another top end starter. He counted on Seve and Betances being back at the trade deadline. And the German suspension made it worse.

I never thought they would win at all when Cashmen didn't get Cole or another top end starter. He counted on Seve and Betances being back at the trade deadline. And the German suspension made it worse.
It's been a unique season with injuries, suspensions, and lack of trading partners. We need one big SP signing:

Tanaka
Sevi
Paxton
Cole / Madison B ***
Garcia
With Happ and German on the side as back-ups

Also, need to resign Betances and Chapman, if he opts out, and our bullpen is good to go.

It's been a unique season with injuries, suspensions, and lack of trading partners. We need one big SP signing:

Tanaka
Sevi
Paxton
Cole / Madison B ***
Garcia
With Happ and German on the side as back-ups

Also, need to resign Betances and Chapman, if he opts out, and our bullpen is good to go.
If Chapman ops out let him go. He is no longer the guy they paid for.
And would love Stanton to have a great 2020 so he wants to op out next season too.

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchLL
Its over. Reminiscent of the 2001 World Series when Curt Shilling and Randy Johnson were at the top of their game. Only, Houston is a better team than those Diamond Backs were in every way.

Maybe the Nationals have the pitching to compete with them but I doubt it. These Astros are a truly great baseball team.

So frustrating to watch the dominance.

I think the rainout actually helps us. There will still be a bullpen game. It will instead be on Saturday. I would rather face Verlander at home in the cold on Friday night.

Reactions: T2Kplus10
I think the rainout actually helps us. There will still be a bullpen game. It will instead be on Saturday. I would rather face Verlander at home in the cold on Friday night.
A day off to regroup will probably help.

A day off to regroup will probably help.
Not with having to play 4 in a row after it.

Anyway there isn't one weather report that gives any hope that they can get this game in tonight. What is MLB waiting for. This isn't a game in mid June. This is an ALCS game. There was talk that they were going annouce the cancellation last night. But Washington clinched it so they have no game to move to prime time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT