ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Official 2019 NY Yankees Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, forgot you are a Yankees fan and figured you were just being snarky, knowing that Friday's win against the Twins was the first in 6 against winning teams this year.

Yes, but yesterday during the game they announced it would be pushed to 4:00 due to the rain

Though, without being snarky- the schedule worked the Yankees a huge favor this year. The kids that came up played great and all the credit to them...but, it may have played out different if it were against all winning teams. It wasn't so, moot point.

Though, without being snarky- the schedule worked the Yankees a huge favor this year. The kids that came up played great and all the credit to them...but, it may have played out different if it were against all winning teams. It wasn't so, moot point.

The Yanks, however, play 15 of 21 ON THE ROAD to end this regular season. Absolutely brutal.

Anyone remember Manny Banuelos ?
He came up through the Yanks minor league system with Betances. He's starting for the White Sox this season.
He pitched Saturday against the Bosux and incredibly gave up 10 straight hits to Boston.
I don't think I've ever seen that before. TEN.

He came up through the Yanks minor league system with Betances. He's starting for the White Sox this season.
He pitched Saturday against the Bosux and incredibly gave up 10 straight hits to Boston.
He had been pitching well before that game. Under 3 ERA.

One of the Killer Bees! Betances, Banuelos, Betancourt.

It was a very fortunate early schedule. Although, I will say this- two out of the three losses to the Astros should have been wins. They had a lead late in both games that the bullpen blew.

Urshela has to stay at 3rd base...at least as long as he's hitting. Excellent on defense.
Andujar can DH until Stanton returns.

The Yankees really seem to have the Mariners number.

That was a game that I wrote off as a loss trailing 4-1 in the 8th and they stole a win out of it. Right now they are playing good, smart baseball... hopefully they ride this streak as long as they can.

Urshela has to stay at 3rd base...at least as long as he's hitting. Excellent on defense.
Andujar can DH until Stanton returns.
Not sure what happens when Stanton returns. Nice problem to have though.

Love these 6:30pm starts! Especially with a victory. 9:14 pm finish.
Terrific isn't it? I'm just loving it. And at 6:30 if you are still eating or what ever, just replay on DVR, take out the commericals
and catch up in no time.

Why did they make the switch to 6:30 start time ?
This started in 2017 when it was just Monday through Thursday April games and came about through fan feedback. It's now most all of May as well. I'm guessing it helps with people with children during the school year so the get home earlier.

Gutty win tonight in a tight game. Maybin has been quietly clutch since he's been here. Quote of the night from him tonight "Every time you put on these pinstripes, it's something special." Dude really loves being here, and his play has been great.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Another nice win tonight. 3 of 4 from Seattle.
Amazing how this team keeps winning without Severino, Betances, Judge, Gregorius, Stanton, Hicks.

Reactions: NickKnight 1
Okay fellow Yankee fans what do you do roster wise when Stanton, Hicks and Judge are ready to come back? I realize that they're not coming back the same day but you have Stanton, Hicks, Judge, Gardner, Frazier, Maybin and Tauchman. Presumably the last two are the ones to go, but there has to be some concern because Hicks and Judge along with Frazier have a recent history of missing prolonged time due to injuries. They have a plethora of guys to run through the DH spot, and the roster will get muddled further when Tulu and Didi return. I wonder if Cashman is looking to package some of these guys for a starter.

Okay fellow Yankee fans what do you do roster wise when Stanton, Hicks and Judge are ready to come back? I realize that they're not coming back the same day but you have Stanton, Hicks, Judge, Gardner, Frazier, Maybin and Tauchman. Presumably the last two are the ones to go, but there has to be some concern because Hicks and Judge along with Frazier have a recent history of missing prolonged time due to injuries. They have a plethora of guys to run through the DH spot, and the roster will get muddled further when Tulu and Didi return. I wonder if Cashman is looking to package some of these guys for a starter.
I think the outfield will be Stanton in left, Hicks in center, and of course Judge in right.
Andujar at DH. Unless Urshela completely stops hitting before the injured return.
Yikes, I forgot about LeMahieu. He's gotta play. But where ?

Leaving aside the pitchers, Andujar, LeMahieu, Torres, Urshela and Voit are the infielders they have to keep. Outfield, Maybin and Gardner. So that's 7. You can bring back Hicks, Stanton, Judge and Didi, which brings you to 11, 6 infielders and 5 outfielders. Add your two catchers and we're at 13, so one of these guys would have to be moved/sent down to stay at 13 pitchers, and I hate to say it but at this point the most logical choice in Andujar, and much as you hate to do it.

Leaving aside the pitchers, Andujar, LeMahieu, Torres, Urshela and Voit are the infielders they have to keep. Outfield, Maybin and Gardner. So that's 7. You can bring back Hicks, Stanton, Judge and Didi, which brings you to 11, 6 infielders and 5 outfielders. Add your two catchers and we're at 13, so one of these guys would have to be moved/sent down to stay at 13 pitchers, and I hate to say it but at this point the most logical choice in Andujar, and much as you hate to do it.
Maybin goes before Andujar

Maybin goes before Andujar
Maybe. But Andujar has options and Maybin they would need to release or trade. Maybe they option Andujar until they can trade Maybin. He's been so clutch, though, he's making it a very hard decision...

Maybe. But Andujar has options and Maybin they would need to release or trade. Maybe they option Andujar until they can trade Maybin. He's been so clutch, though, he's making it a very hard decision...
Andujar should have been the rookie of the year last season. He is going absolutely nowhere.

Reactions: RUDave_01 and Kbee3
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT